Windows 10: xfti_pcdrv_l11_2_40_0016 causes error

Discus and support xfti_pcdrv_l11_2_40_0016 causes error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I tried to install this new driver, it installed, computer restarted and there was a yellow checkmark next to the creative sb x-fi in the device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Madness10, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Madness10 Win User

xfti_pcdrv_l11_2_40_0016 causes error

When I tried to install this new driver, it installed, computer restarted and there was a yellow checkmark next to the creative sb x-fi in the device manager. I tried everything I can to get it to work to no avail. No sound, no nothing. I uninstalled it and went back to the old driver, but the creative counsel launcher would just default and have no sound. I even did a clean install of 1803 and just put in the new sound driver and did the same thing. I know creative released this driver for the new April update. Has anyone else had problems?

:)

Madness10, Mar 4, 2019
  2. Edleen Win User

Possible Causes of atikmdag errors

I was courious to see how many different causes there are to the infamous atikmdag.sys error that strikes widely across and has so for a long time, I am getting it myself also and it is really starting to wear me out. It is pretty annoying having a $520 Readeon 3870x2 card if you can't use it without errors.

So first of all, here is the apparant reason for my atikmdag error:

When I play a game, regardless of settings, clocks or anything else, the fan speed wil not be adjusting and the card will get hotter as it performs. As soon as the card gets hot enough, my system will attempt to speed up the fan and as soon as they do, I get the atikmdag error. I never hear the fan of my card go beyond 30% fan speed unless I push it using Rivatuner.

Anyone else got other apparant reasons?

By the way, here are the steps I have been trying to fix it
    • Renaming atikmdag.sys to "atikomdag.sys(old)
    • Set fan speed profiles in Rivatuner depending on temeprature thresholds
    • Setting fixed fan speed in Rivatuner
    • Installing only the ATI drivers without Catalyst Control Centre
    • Replacing RAM blocks
    • Trying older drivers
    I have probably tried a few

Edleen, Mar 4, 2019
  3. Mike0409 Win User
    System Error.

Event ID for each error? List those, will tell you what caused it on the Microsoft Knowledge Base.

Mike0409, Mar 4, 2019
  4. xfti_pcdrv_l11_2_40_0016 causes error

Stop Error Caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Hi Luke,

For us to isolate your concern regarding the error that caused by ntoskrnl.exe, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • To make sure we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of the exact error message.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

xfti_pcdrv_l11_2_40_0016 causes error

1. xfti_pcdrv_l11_2_40_0016 causes error - Similar Threads - xfti_pcdrv_l11_2_40_0016 causes error

2. Various Errors causes BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Various Errors causes BSOD: I get BSOD from time to time. Tried reinstalling Windows one time but still the same.The latest one is Event 1001, BugCheck.The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a 0x0000000000041790, 0xfffff180037a43c0, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000001....
  3. Various Errors causes BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Various Errors causes BSOD: I get BSOD from time to time. Tried reinstalling Windows one time but still the same.The latest one is Event 1001, BugCheck.The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a 0x0000000000041790, 0xfffff180037a43c0, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000001....
  4. Hardware Error Causing Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware Error Causing Crash: Hello All, I have been having this problem for a long time now and sometimes it will get better and sometimes it will happen 4-8 times a day... but looking at the Reliability Report it always seems to have a downward trend.Problem signatureProblem Event Name:...
  5. What is causing this error???

What is causing this error???: hi everyone, i have been having a problem for a couple of months now, basically, sometimes when i restart my pc, or boot it up from a shutdown it will boot into a blue screen saying that windows is corrupted but other times it will boot up like normal straight to my...
  6. New Update cause errors

New Update cause errors: I just updated my windows 10 . After update,i am not able to open Microsoft Store,Get Help and many more other apps. Not even able to open the options available in Windows Defender. Showing that "YOU WILL NEED A NEW APP TO OPEN THIS LINK"...
  7. Roblox Is Causing BSOD errors

Roblox Is Causing BSOD errors: so, first off i would like to say that my PC is brand new (got it 5 months ago), so there shouldnt be any issues with it just being old. So whenever my PC starts up every thing is fine and i can play games like Rainbow Six Siege without any errors, but when i play Roblox for...
  8. Error Caused by Reference by pointer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Caused by Reference by pointer: My PC is a Gaming PC , I play approx for like 3 to 4 hrs during the weekends. Recently , my laptop shows this BSOD due to Reference by pointer ,i wanna know the reason why this happens , it has happened for 4 to 5 times in the last two months . my laptop is 15 months old ....
  9. creative x-fi drivers XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0016 dont install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    creative x-fi drivers XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0016 dont install: Hallo Creative released new drivers for the x-fi pcie line in 21/2/19. I found that in my system cant be installed, because after installation i have code 39 and it writes that certification is revoked. With more searching i found that all others whql drivers that are...
  10. Blue Screen Errors Cause

Blue Screen Errors Cause: From past 3 to 4 months i was getting blue screen errors of different types.... one of the error defines of the HDD malfunction and my hp laptop also defines that....i recently changed the HDD and buyed a new one . After some time i am again getting this problem.....Does dual...