Windows 10: XInput Double/dropped inputs on Windows 10 PC

Discus and support XInput Double/dropped inputs on Windows 10 PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This isn't a problem I'm having exclusively with Steam, as it's also a problem when Steam is closed and I'm playing Tetris Effect on EGS. Basically,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PantsForHire, Jul 28, 2020.

1. XInput Double/dropped inputs on Windows 10 PC

This isn't a problem I'm having exclusively with Steam, as it's also a problem when Steam is closed and I'm playing Tetris Effect on EGS. Basically, sometimes my controller drops an input, or doubles it, which for some games can go completely undetected, but for something as responsive as fighting games, can be an absolute killer at a higher level.
    Has anyone experienced this type of bug before? Whether or not it's a Windows, driver, controller firmware, Steam or native game issue is beyond me, I just want to know of similar cases to this problem.

:)

PantsForHire, Jul 28, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

XInput Double/dropped inputs on Windows 10 PC

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

XInput Double/dropped inputs on Windows 10 PC

1. XInput Double/dropped inputs on Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - XInput Double dropped

2. Frequent double-bleeping suggesting dropped internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Frequent double-bleeping suggesting dropped internet connection: Frequently, when online, and often soon after starting Windows, I get recurring double-beeps, up/down, down-up which seem to indicate breaks in internet connectivity. It can't be the BT Hub, because my wife's PC is on the same wireless network and she's not getting the beep...
  3. replacing xinput

in Windows 10 Gaming
    replacing xinput: so i have three xbox controllers 2 new ones and one old the two new one use xinput drivers while the old one uses hid compliant game controller which lets it work for the game i need it for but i wanna use my new controllers for this game and xinput is making problems...
  4. replacing xinput

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    replacing xinput: so i have three xbox controllers 2 new ones and one old the two new one use xinput drivers while the old one uses hid compliant game controller which lets it work for the game i need it for but i wanna use my new controllers for this game and xinput is making problems...
  5. Bluetooth LE XINPUT compatible input device - DRIVER ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth LE XINPUT compatible input device - DRIVER ERROR: Hello,So I connected my xbox controller through bluetooth, then I got this error:I went to device manager and saw this error:General tab: Driver tabI checked the Events tab > view all eventsand this is what I got:Event viewer:Things I tried:1- DISM check - restore operation...
  6. Bluetooth LE XINPUT compatible input device - DRIVER ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth LE XINPUT compatible input device - DRIVER ERROR: Hello,So I connected my xbox controller through bluetooth, then I got this error:I went to device manager and saw this error:I checked the Events tab > view all eventsand this is what I got:Things I tried:1- DISM check - restore operation completed successfully2- sfc /scannow...
  7. Forza Horizon 4 double input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 double input: Forza horizon 4 double input on Windows 10. The keyboard and Xbox One Controller + Wireless Adapter for Windows work simultaneously . How do I fix the error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forza-horizon-4-double-input/b1d125b6-4c78-4ef2-b025-f2accd790e56
  8. Doubled input methods.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Doubled input methods.: Hello, I have preinstalled my Windows 10 with the latest *.iso on Microsoft, and now I have four languages in my list, ENG UK, ENG US, ENG, MKD, and I only need ENG and MKD. I cannot remove the other two languages from anywhere, in the settings they aren't even shown there....
  9. " requiring double input to show since upgrade

in Windows 10 Customization
    " requiring double input to show since upgrade: Unsure if this is the right sub-forum or even which would be but anyhow, since upgrading I'm having to input quotation marks in lots of 2 like "" for them to show up (which is friggin idiotic as it makes using them a f-ing hassel) I'm assuming it has something to do with how...
  10. No vibration Xinput

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No vibration Xinput: I'm using an Xbox 360 controller and there's no vibration for it in any game or any program. I don't know why. 11362