Windows 10: xlr files open but not readable

Discus and support xlr files open but not readable in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; xlr files open but not readable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xlr-files-open-but-not-readable/daebf949-c55b-4771-a1b0-523082372696 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rr222, Sep 14, 2021.

1. rr222 Win User

xlr files open but not readable

:)

rr222, Sep 14, 2021
  2. NOVICE.1 Win User

File Opening xlr files

Transferred old xlr docs from Vista Home Premium to new Windows 10 platform.

Cannot open these docs and no apps in the default settings appear to work.

Got Office -- no help.

(Reviews on the apps available to buy suggest they are useless.)

Is there a simple way to open these old xlr docs?

NOVICE.1, Sep 14, 2021
  3. Dice Vil Win User
    How do I open XLR file

Hi Joy,

The XLR file extension is used for spreadsheet files. Usually, XLR files are opened with Microsoft Works but since this product is no longer supported, you can open them with Excel and Excel Viewer.

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to us.

Dice Vil, Sep 14, 2021
  4. HairyFool Win User

File Opening xlr files

.xlr files should be the default spreadsheet files created by the Works suite program.

Provided there is no complex formatting changing the extension to .xls should be enough to allow Excel to open them

HairyFool, Sep 14, 2021
Thema:

1. xlr files open but not readable - Similar Threads - xlr files open

2. Word and ppt files not readable anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word and ppt files not readable anymore: Bonjour,I have problems with Microsoft office files .Text are no more readable and i can't write a readable text anymore pictures belowStyle of Font are deleted.I can't detect the virus with any of anti-virus. I use Windows defender for now.Windows 10 Professionnel Any help...
  3. Word and ppt files not readable anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word and ppt files not readable anymore: Bonjour,I have problems with Microsoft office files .Text are no more readable and i can't write a readable text anymore pictures belowStyle of Font are deleted.I can't detect the virus with any of anti-virus. I use Windows defender for now.Windows 10 Professionnel Any help...
  4. After recent updates I can no longer open old xlr files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After recent updates I can no longer open old xlr files: In Windows 10 I received a feature update on 3/16 and three quality updates on 3/17. After they were installed my old xlr files wouldn't open. Instead, a menu of options popped up, including microsoft works spreadsheet and something called PRGRA~2\MIDCA9~\wksss.exe"%1", which...
  5. Readable File Backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Readable File Backup: I am setting up a new computer. In the past I have used SyncToy to back up files to an external hard drive, but I understand that it won't work with Windows 10 any longer because an older .net version is required for SyncToy. I do not want to use cloud services. What...
  6. Readability problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Readability problems: On my small 10.1 screen in a number of situations I am finding the text difficult to read, sometimes because of the size of the font, more often it is the colour of the font against the background. This applies to some apps and often with system popup windows. I have just...
  7. xlr. from pdf

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    xlr. from pdf: Up loaded latest windows 10 now all files on a flash drive (spreadsheets) have an xlr next to them and no app to open them what can I do. The spreadsheets were Microsoft works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xlr-from-pdf/dd2221ff-5cbd-41b7-a7c7-bed414f18c82
  8. XLR CONVERTER

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    XLR CONVERTER: I downloaded MS 6-9 converter but it does not work. I need to update years' old XLR documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xlr-converter/ab98e9da-93d8-4cef-aaad-0c5e0e861b47
  9. PDF when opened in word is not readable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF when opened in word is not readable: I don't understand why all at once, when I open a PDF file in word it is not readable and I can't print it readable. I have Windows 10, and before I could open PDF's in window word and it was readable....
  10. How to remove corrupted or readable file

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove corrupted or readable file: Somehow my Visual Studio 2017 community installation has failed. A folder called Roslyn is corrupted or unreadable. I cannot delete it, even running CMD as an Admin. Reinstalling VS 2017 doesn't work because it needs that folder. SO...what to do? Thanks. RON 97893