Windows 10: XML Scan Engine task running multiple times and using up CPU memory.

Discus and support XML Scan Engine task running multiple times and using up CPU memory. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; XML Scan Engine running multiple times 3 or more and slowing down my PC. I end the tasks in Task Manager and PC runs faster and cooler. Questions:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Shar_35, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Shar_35 Win User

XML Scan Engine task running multiple times and using up CPU memory.

XML Scan Engine running multiple times 3 or more and slowing down my PC. I end the tasks in Task Manager and PC runs faster and cooler.

Questions:

1How do I stop this task from running multiple times?

2 What is the purpose of this task?

3 Can I "turn off" or "delete" this task?

:)

Shar_35, Jan 5, 2020

2. CPU Fan runs constantly

Hi,

We would like to know the following information to assist you better regarding CPU fan issue.

• Does the fan runs constantly fast or do you hear any noise?
    • Have you tried updating all the drivers of your computer?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?
    • What is the memory/disk usage in task manager?

You may check this by typing Task Manager in the search box
      and hit Enter. Check which application
      is taking more memory or disk usage.

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Jan 5, 2020
  3. Windows defender advanced scan extreme cpu overload

I routinely do Windows defender advanced scans. Up until about 2 weeks ago, that is.

All of a sudden the scan was completely maxing out my cpu. I wouldn't say it crashed the computer, but if I tried to do the simplest task while it was running, it rendered the machine unusable due to the draining of resources. Not to mention the scan would disappear, but was still running in the background. The only thing I could do at that point was to wait until it was done scanning, or shut down the unit

I found this thread that's about a year old, followed some of the suggestions, but nothing really helps.

I have no problem with the Quick scan.

High CPU usage when Windows Defender perform a Full Scan in Windows 10 - Microsoft Community

Windows Defender is my only virus protection, so there is nothing to create a conflict.

I put my defender installer folders in the excluded list. I changed my power settings from High Performance to Balanced.

I ran chkdsk /scan, sfc /scannow, dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth, and a Memory diagnostic. All normal.

Finally, I did a fresh install.

Is anybody else experiencing this?

kitpzyxmsir, Jan 5, 2020
  4. XML Scan Engine task running multiple times and using up CPU memory.

Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

XML Scan Engine task running multiple times and using up CPU memory.

1. XML Scan Engine task running multiple times and using up CPU memory. - Similar Threads - XML Scan Engine

2. Use multiple Search Engines at the same time in Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    Use multiple Search Engines at the same time in Edge browser: [IMG]In this post, we will show you how to make Edge show Bing, Google, DuckDuckGo, and Yahoo search results at the same time. Edge features a sidebar that enables users to access essential tools and features alongside their browser tabs quickly. One of these tools, known as...
  3. Run engine wait timed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run engine wait timed out: I have built a msi using wix#. I am installing the same on my Windows 10. It go successfully installed. After that instead of closing msi, I am keeping it open/idle.After keeping open/idle for 30 mins, it gave me message : "Installer is no longer responding".So, I have...
  4. Run engine wait timed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run engine wait timed out: I have built a msi using wix#. I am installing the same on my Windows 10. It go successfully installed. After that instead of closing msi, I am keeping it open/idle.After keeping open/idle for 30 mins, it gave me message : "Installer is no longer responding".So, I have...
  5. Run engine wait timed out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Virus using all memory and CPU in task manger

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus using all memory and CPU in task manger: So i recently got a virus on my laptop which seems to clone windows in my task manger which is taking up all the memory and CPU. Like when i open a program, the task manger will show that i have opened 2 programs. When i open a tab on chrome, the task manger will show that i...
  7. Scheduled task created with Schtasks.exe using an XML file does not run on boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scheduled task created with Schtasks.exe using an XML file does not run on boot: I asked this question on StackOverflow, I am posting it here as well since the audience is more dedicated to Windows 10. Reading the rules of the community I didn't find that would make this against the rules. Would you recommend posting it somewhere else instead? Thank you!...
  8. muiltiple instance of explorer running that eats up CPU and Memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    muiltiple instance of explorer running that eats up CPU and Memory: This is pretty easy to duplicate I am an admin on my machine UAC is off I have Notepad++ open in admin mode (this happens in any program in admin mode) Clicking on open containing folder in explorer creates another instance of explorer.exe and a directory window Any...
  9. Windows Task Running multiple times before the schedule

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Task Running multiple times before the schedule: Hi All i have scheduled a python script to send mail based on a certain condition. I scheduled the script in Windows task Scheduler to run every 1 hour each day. But the Script is running randomly every 10 minute or every 5 minutes. Please suggest what can be done to...
  10. Task Manager using up to 60% of my CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager using up to 60% of my CPU: I recently did a factory reset of my computer. Since then, Task Manager has been using a lot of my CPU. No matter what programs I close, usage is always at 100%....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xml scan engine

2. what is xml scan engine