Windows 10: XP .exe applications not loading on Windows 10

Discus and support XP .exe applications not loading on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had to run HP Recovery on my PC. Before I ran Recovery, I had some important executable applications that ran just fine on Windows 10. Now I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by br21_FS, Mar 17, 2020.

1. br21_FS Win User

XP .exe applications not loading on Windows 10

I had to run HP Recovery on my PC.

Before I ran Recovery, I had some important executable applications that ran just fine on Windows 10.

Now I am trying to re-load those programs on my device. Nothing happens when I try to run the .exe. I ran the Windows troubleshooter which shows me the app is designed for XP Service Pack 3 which I already knew. It detected the issue XP compatibility. I clicked on Fix the compatibility issue. I ran the "Test Troubleshooter" and then it returns Incompatibility Problem Fixed. I closed the troubleshooter and then tried to run the exe.

Nothing happens just like before I ran troubleshooter. What I am missing? What am I doing wrong? These apps worked just fine on Windows 10 before I recovery.

:)

br21_FS, Mar 17, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Cant load any software or application.

Hi,

I was facing an issue to load any .exe files. every time I tried loading one, it would show *******.exe application error.

So I went online searching for solutions and saw some video on youtube and changed regedit entries as per the steps shown and then restarted the computer.

Now i cant load application or command prompt or regedit.

it asks me to choose the program i want to use to launch any kind of .exe files.

I am using windows 10.

HELP!

mananshah1, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

1. XP .exe applications not loading on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - exe applications loading

2. No applications loading.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No applications loading.: Nothing works, I press application and it doesn’t load, the it tells me I don’t have the right permission, then, I get told to open reg edit and all that kinda stuff, and even that wont load! I cannot do anything! I’m stuck! Anybody got a solution? :...
  3. No applications loading.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No applications loading.: Nothing works, I press application and it doesn’t load, the it tells me I don’t have the right permission, then, I get told to open reg edit and all that kinda stuff, and even that wont load! I cannot do anything! I’m stuck! Anybody got a solution? :...
  4. No applications loading.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Application Exe windows compatibility issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application Exe windows compatibility issue: Hi, I create a windows project EXE using publish method in Visual Studio 2019. But that exe only works with windows 10, not run on Windows 8 or 7. Why should this compatibility issue occur? How can we build EXE that can be OS-independent?...
  6. Application Exe windows compatibility issue

Application Exe windows compatibility issue: Hi, I create a windows project EXE using publish method in Visual Studio 2019. But that exe only works with windows 10, not run on Windows 8 or 7. Why should this compatibility issue occur? How can we build EXE that can be OS-independent?...
  7. Multiple Permissions Errors at an Windows 10 EXE Application

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Permissions Errors at an Windows 10 EXE Application: Hello everyone, I'm having some trouble with a Windows 10 Permissions Error and i really need some Windows Experts help, Situation I Have an application that is called SGT, it is a software for industry management the problem is that whenever i'm using a Regular User of...
  8. Multiple Permissions Errors at an Windows 10 EXE Application

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple Permissions Errors at an Windows 10 EXE Application: Hello everyone, I'm having some trouble with a Windows 10 Permissions Error and i really need some Windows Experts help, Situation I Have an application that is called SGT, it is a software for industry management the problem is that whenever i'm using a Regular User of...
  9. werfault exe application error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    werfault exe application error: this is a very annoying thing to get it just wont disappear ive disabled windows error reports ive tried a few things the instruction at 0x0000000075C58AA9 REFERENCED MEMORY AT 0x0000000075C58AA9,. THE REQUIRED DATA WAS NOT...
  10. Run Windows XP Application on Windows 10

Run Windows XP Application on Windows 10: Hi, for the past 6-7 years I've been running an old legacy software program (AltaPoint 4.0) for my veterinary practice on Windows 7 in a virtual WINXP Environment. Just bought a new Windows 10 computer and can't find a way to download WINXP software to run in a virtual...