Windows 10: xp flight Simulator 2004 not working on Windows 10 after compatability check

Discus and support xp flight Simulator 2004 not working on Windows 10 after compatability check in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Micrsoft Flight Simulator 2004 which runs on XP I now have laptop with Windows 10 but after running Compatability checker still will not run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GrahamEldred, Mar 3, 2019.

1. xp flight Simulator 2004 not working on Windows 10 after compatability check

I have Micrsoft Flight Simulator 2004 which runs on XP

I now have laptop with Windows 10 but after running Compatability checker still will not run

:)

GrahamEldred, Mar 3, 2019

2. Is there any way i can get Flight simulator 2004 to run under windows 10.

Hi ,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you are not able to play Flight Simulator 2004 in windows 10.

Please answer the below question to assist you better.

Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to reinstall the Flight Simulator 2004 in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the installation files from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

I also suggest you to refer the link on flight simulator 2004 won’t run in windows 10 replied by
    SteveLuxton on August 22 2015.

flight simulator 2004 wont run in windows 10

Reply us if you have further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Reply Requested- Windows 10 and Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004-Acentury of flight

Hi Bernard,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

What is the complete error message that you receive?

The issue might cause due to compatibility issues of the game with Windows 10. I suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check for status.

• Download the setup files for the game from the manufacturer website and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the game and select
      “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the game install and then check the functionality.

You can also read the following thread where a couple of users were able to get it working.

flight simulator 2004 wont run in windows 10:

flight simulator 2004 wont run in windows 10

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, Mar 3, 2019
  4. xp flight Simulator 2004 not working on Windows 10 after compatability check

Flight Simulator 2004

Flight Simulator 2004 was a game designed for XP and could run on Vista / 7 also.

You can try to run this in compatibility mode.

Right click on the program icon > Properties > Compatibility tab > Check Run this program in compatibility mode for > Choose the right OS say Win XP > Apply and OK

(In above you can also choose Compatibility Troubleshooter on this application and follow on screen directions)

If the above doesn't work, refer to the reply of TerenceWallis to make it workable

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Vijay_Verma, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

xp flight Simulator 2004 not working on Windows 10 after compatability check

1. xp flight Simulator 2004 not working on Windows 10 after compatability check - Similar Threads - flight Simulator 2004

2. flight simulator 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    flight simulator 2004: I just recently upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 vista. my flight simulator 2004 will load but will not play, How can i correct this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flight-simulator-2004/31e9b645-4205-4f1e-8585-92df54417c1e
  3. How Do I Get Flight Simulator X Deluxe and Flight Simulator 2004 to Work on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Get Flight Simulator X Deluxe and Flight Simulator 2004 to Work on Windows 10: Hello, I am extremely frustrated and exhausted! I have tried installing and running these games in Windows 10 and no luck. I downgraded the for them to work on XP and that doesn't work. I have all the DVD's and loaded them several times. Any Advice? CM...
  4. flight simulator 2004 will not start windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    flight simulator 2004 will not start windows 10: flight simulator 2004 will not start windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flight-simulator-2004-will-not-start-windows-10/dbe4537a-040b-4190-9164-2810136d409a
  5. Unable to use Flight Simulator X 2006 after installing Flight Simulator X 2004

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use Flight Simulator X 2006 after installing Flight Simulator X 2004: I have a Win 10 PC, and was able to get FSX 2004 installed and working fine..however when I installed Flight Sim 2004 it messed up the FSX 2006 , does anyone know if it's possible to get both games working on the same PC. ***Original title: Win 10 PC with Flight Sim...
  6. Flight Simulator Program compatable with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator Program compatable with Windows 10: Days of research has left me very confused. One site says IL-2 Sturmovik will work in W10 then another says no way. most say all the x plane programs will not work. I tried to contact MS Gaming and they have no idea about anything accept X-Box. It seems a simple question....
  7. Flight Simulator X compatability with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator X compatability with Windows 10: I recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, In the upgrade process I lost my Flight Simulator X. I am now unable to re install the flight sim as errors and registration failure happens. I have uninstalled the program FSX properly and still it refuses to...
  8. Microsoft flight simulator 2004 on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft flight simulator 2004 on Windows 10: Is flight simulator 2004 compatible with windows 10, we have loaded the game on and it installed successfully but will not play. would appreciate some help with this problem Thanks...
  9. Flight Simulator 2004

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator 2004: flight Simulator 2004 will it run in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flight-simulator-2004/59157b9a-e7df-47ba-baec-5745fef27362
  10. microsoft flight simulator 2004

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft flight simulator 2004: i had this installed on my laptop with windows 7, i had trouble my laptop hard drive went so i had to send it away for repair and lost all my data, i lost my discs so i bought the game again, its installed but now just nothing loads, when i click it it says do you want this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Flight simulator 2004 will not run in windows 10

2. flight simulator not working windows 10

3. flight simulator 2004 windows 10

4. cannot run flight simulator,
  5. Installing Windows Flight Simulator on Windows 10