Windows 10: XP holdout no longer, but now Outlook issues.

Discus and support XP holdout no longer, but now Outlook issues. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi - I'll start off saying that I've searched this topic all over and it seems that the general question gets lost in a sea of other answers that don't... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by MascotGraphics, Oct 1, 2018.

1. XP holdout no longer, but now Outlook issues.

Hi -
    I'll start off saying that I've searched this topic all over and it seems that the general question gets lost in a sea of other answers that don't relate specifically to my general question, so for those who get upset that "the question has been asked already", I have not found that thread that addresses my issue specifically, so I'm asking here.

I was an XP holdout for as long as I could but decided to get a new PC with Windows 10 installed. I had previously migrated my Outlook Express account/contacts/emails/etc. without issue, but now I see that there's an issue. Aside from third party email vendors, is there any way to merge my .pst file into the new email system? Most everything I read says it's not possible, and I find that bothersome that Microsoft not only abandoned us XP users, but did so with our email system as well.

I did see a .pst to .ost converter, but before I do something like that I wanted to know if that actually works, or are we just screwed when it comes to email? I have a lot of contacts and important emails over the past 20 years I'd hate to just lose... and I don't want to keep my old XP computer in service just for Outlook... especially with no support at all.

Thanks for your patience.

:)

MascotGraphics, Oct 1, 2018
  2. qubit Win User

How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Oct 1, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This was going to be my suggestion as well. I just wasn't sure if it worked with XP. It is definitely way better than Outlook Express, and I actually prefer it to regular Outlook as well.

newtekie1, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Seafrog Win User

XP holdout no longer, but now Outlook issues.

Workgroup Windows 10 and XP machines no longer see each other

My 4 machine workgroup network, 2 XP and 2 Win 10 machines, was functioning fairly well until the recent "Creator" upgrade. Now the XP machines can no longer see the 10 machines and the 10 machines can't see the XP machines. The machines of the other OS are not listed. Would like to get the workgroup functional again. Have done multiple reboots and have run the suggested troubleshooters with no results. Have any ideas?

Seafrog, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

XP holdout no longer, but now Outlook issues.

1. XP holdout no longer, but now Outlook issues. - Similar Threads - holdout longer Outlook

2. Outlook Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook Issues: The to do icon does not show on the outlook desktop app and I do not have a "current view" option as suggested in solutions offered for this issue. Additionally, when I log into outlook 365 web version, my emails do not sync, so it appears as if all inboxes are empty....
  3. Outlook Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook Issues: The to do icon does not show on the outlook desktop app and I do not have a "current view" option as suggested in solutions offered for this issue. Additionally, when I log into outlook 365 web version, my emails do not sync, so it appears as if all inboxes are empty....
  4. Outlook issues

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook issues: Hi, I have Outlook (16 ?) as part of Office 365 but could never get it to work so stuck with Outlook 2010. Every now and then I get this error: 'outlook 2010 Cannot expand the folder. Internet Mailis not registered properly. Re-install and try again'. I found this solution...
  5. Outlook Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook Issues: For the past month or so I have been having issues opening Outlook. I usually end up turning my computer off and restarting it. As a result, most times I try to remember not to close out of Outlook and simply put my laptop in airplane mode then put it to "sleep". However,...
  6. Outlook issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Outlook issue: Outlook keeps locking me out of my google mail. Cant find how to reset the password. Any suggestions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-issue/18032071-df65-4e06-ba75-4ab3aca96690
  7. Microsoft Outlook with Office XP.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Outlook with Office XP.: I have Microsoft Outlook with Office XP. It won't run on W10 without Outlook Express 4.01 or greater. I understand OE won't run on W10 so how do I run my version of Outlook?...
  8. Hotlinks no longer work in Outlook.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hotlinks no longer work in Outlook.: I'm the administrator with all permissions. I've ssearched everywhere and tried many things but nothing has worked so far. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotlinks-no-longer-work-in-outlook/b4f63e94-8379-4a86-aa4c-5e3251bb8c5e
  9. Outlook 2016 no longer syncs

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 no longer syncs: My Outlook software stopped receiving email near the end of last month. It thinks it is up to date and gives me no errors. I've tried the basic fixes that come up when googling this issue but nothing helped. It works on my desktop at home, it's just my laptop that doesn't...
  10. Outlook XP (2002) keeps asking for password

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook XP (2002) keeps asking for password: Hello, we are slowly migrating to Windows 10 at work and there is an issue with Outlook 2002. First, the setup: - 1 Microsoft Exchange account for everyone. No issue here. - 1 GMail account with Pop3 setup. Keeps asking for password each time we start Outlook, but then...