Windows 10: Xp installed as Virtual Machine using Hyper-V on Windows 10. Integration problem

Discus and support Xp installed as Virtual Machine using Hyper-V on Windows 10. Integration problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I Xp installed as Virtual Machine using Hyper-V on Windows 10. The internet is working now. I can't make Integration part working. Any tips are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BBP28, Jan 19, 2020.

1. BBP28 Win User

Xp installed as Virtual Machine using Hyper-V on Windows 10. Integration problem

I Xp installed as Virtual Machine using Hyper-V on Windows 10. The internet is working now. I can't make Integration part working. Any tips are appreciated.

:)

BBP28, Jan 19, 2020
  2. Vlad0 Win User

How to install Windows XP on Hyper-V virtual machine?

I have a very old program of the year 2005, which fails to run on windows 10, because very ancient help system.

In fact the program installs on windows 10, but help files of it did not work with the new version of WinHelp Xp installed as Virtual Machine using Hyper-V  on Windows 10. Integration problem :(

I've decided to create a Hyper-V virtual machine and install there Windows XP (service pack 3), which I got from

Microsoft site. I've created the virtual machine (named Windows XP) In Hyper-V manager (which came with Windows 10 Pro). But I failed to find any info of how one can install an OS on virtual machine. Now my virtual

machine runs only with command line interface.

My windows 10 is 64 bit, and comp has 8 gigabyte RAM. I would appreciate any help, permitting to install Windows XP, situated on one of partitions of my HDD, on the virtual machine.

Vlad0, Jan 19, 2020
  3. jbl1985 Win User
    Hyper V Integration Services are not Available

I followed the instructions below, and when I go to hit the action menu after I connect to the VM to install Integration services, there is no such option under the Action Menu to Insert Integration Services Setup Disk . The instructions
    seem so simple but I seem to be missing something. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Step 4: Install or upgrade integration services
    Hyper-V includes a software package for supported guest operating systems that improves integration between the physical computer and the virtual machine. This package is referred to as integration services. To learn more, see Integration
    Services

This step can't be automated or done within a Windows PowerShell session.

To install integration services

• Open Hyper-V Manager. From the Server Manager Tools menu, click Hyper-V Manager.

• Connect to the virtual machine. Right-click the name of the virtual machine and click Connect.

• From the Action menu of Virtual Machine Connection, click Insert Integration Services Setup Disk. This action loads the setup disk in the virtual DVD drive. Depending on the guest operating system installed, you may need to start the installation
      manually.

• After the installation finishes, all integration services are available for use.

jbl1985, Jan 19, 2020
  4. jbl1985 Win User

Xp installed as Virtual Machine using Hyper-V on Windows 10. Integration problem

Importing Virtual PC -> Hyper V

Thank you. I followed the instructions below, and when I go to hit the action menu to install Integration services, of course, there is no such option under the Action Menu. The instructions seem so simple but I'm still missing something...

Step 4: Install or upgrade integration services

Hyper-V includes a software package for supported guest operating systems that improves integration between the physical computer and the virtual machine. This package is referred to as integration services. To learn more, see Integration
    Services

This step can't be automated or done within a Windows PowerShell session.

To install integration services

• Open Hyper-V Manager. From the Server Manager Tools menu, click Hyper-V Manager.

• Connect to the virtual machine. Right-click the name of the virtual machine and click Connect.

• From the Action menu of Virtual Machine Connection, click Insert Integration Services Setup Disk. This action loads the setup disk in the virtual DVD drive. Depending on the guest operating system installed, you may
      need to start the installation manually.

• After the installation finishes, all integration services are available for use.

jbl1985, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Xp installed as Virtual Machine using Hyper-V on Windows 10. Integration problem - Similar Threads - installed Virtual Machine

2. Virtual Machine using Hyper - V Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual Machine using Hyper - V Manager: Hi,I made a Virtual Machine using Hyper-V Manager with VHD attached that is running XP. I do get this message when I start up it up from the image I attached. I was told to add XP IDE files that I extracted. My question is: Will I need to attach these files to the VHD for it...
  3. Virtual Machine using Hyper - V Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Machine using Hyper - V Manager: Hi,I made a Virtual Machine using Hyper-V Manager with VHD attached that is running XP. I do get this message when I start up it up from the image I attached. I was told to add XP IDE files that I extracted. My question is: Will I need to attach these files to the VHD for it...
  4. XP Virtual Machine Installed using Hyper-v win 10 Integration issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    XP Virtual Machine Installed using Hyper-v win 10 Integration issue: I installed XP VM using Hyper-v and vmguest 2012 r2. Integration part: The cursor moves from XP windows to Windows 10. From XP windows I can't see Windows 10 c:\ drive, ROM drives or USB data drive. I am struggling. Any Help is appreciated....
  5. Enabling audio on Hyper V virtual machine (Windows XP)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enabling audio on Hyper V virtual machine (Windows XP): To whom it may concern, When using a virtual machine, I find that some of my programs do not run due to a lack of audio. My Hyper V Manager is already set to 'use enhanced mode if available' by default. Since I want to get access to the aforementioned software, is there a...
  6. Hyper-V - Add Windows XP Mode Virtual Machine in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V - Add Windows XP Mode Virtual Machine in Windows 10: How to: Hyper-V - Add Windows XP Mode Virtual Machine in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows XP Mode is a free pre-installed virtual machine running on Virtual PC in Windows 7. See the tutorial on our sister site Seven Forums: Windows XP Mode - Install and Setup -...
  7. Can a Hyper-V Virtual Machine use a Picture Password?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Can a Hyper-V Virtual Machine use a Picture Password?: Greetings. I set up Hyper-V in my Win 10 Anniversary install and created a Win 10 Virtual Machine which is fully activated. I tried setting up a picture password for this VM. The Picture Password option was not available but I got it to show using gpedit. I then set a...
  8. Use Hyper-V virtual machine to get Windows 10 Insider ISO

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Use Hyper-V virtual machine to get Windows 10 Insider ISO: How to: Use Hyper-V virtual machine to get Windows 10 Insider ISO [img] Information To run a Windows Insider version of Windows 10, your PC does not have to be opted in for Insider builds. It's enough to have one machine opted in, use it to get Insider build upgrade and...
  9. Import Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10: How to: Import Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10 How to Import Hyper-V Virtual Machines Hyper-V enables running virtualized computer systems on top of a physical host. These virtualized systems (aka: guests) can be used and managed just as if they were physical...
  10. Export Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10: How to: Export Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10 How to Export Hyper-V Virtual Machines in Windows 10 Hyper-V enables running virtualized computer systems on top of a physical host. These virtualized systems (aka: guests) can be used and managed just as if they were...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyper-v to create a virtual machine wherein xp may be installed

2. hyper-v windows xp audio

3. xp iso not working with hyper-v virtual machine

4. virtual xp on windows10 hyper physical