Windows 10: XP-Pen Artist 15.6 or 16 pro pen display : What should I get?

Discus and support XP-Pen Artist 15.6 or 16 pro pen display : What should I get? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello Should I get the xp-pen Artist 15.6 or the 16 pro ?I am currently looking for one to go with my main system win 10 pro . So I can use my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jirong1, Jul 31, 2018.

1. jirong1 Win User

XP-Pen Artist 15.6 or 16 pro pen display : What should I get?

Hello

Should I get the xp-pen Artist 15.6 or the 16 pro ?I am currently looking for one to go with my main system win 10 pro .
    So I can use my traditional drawing skills I have learned for a few semesters in college on digital media . The Keyboard and mouse doesn't work best for me when I start drawing more organic-looking shapes, a drawing instrument helps more . I just like looking at my piece of work rather than trying to draw without looking down. I mean you can get a really nice graphics display tablet without having to Waste a lot of money .
    Several factors to consider when getting a drawing tablet include pressure sensitivity, size, drivers, features and of course the price.

xp-pen Artist 15.6 : https://www.xp-pen.com/goods/show/id/225.html

xp-pen artist 16 pro : https://www.xp-pen.com/goods/show/id/251.html

So what should I get between those two drawing monitors? I also would like your input from you content creators .

:)

jirong1, Jul 31, 2018
  2. wanshua Win User

Display Tablet: Wacom CINTIQ 22HD VS XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro REVIEW

Hello everyone,I'm an Illustrator user,Iusually use the Adobe Illustrator. Evernote. Dropbox software and tasks. Mostly Illustrator on my display drawing tablet.

CINTIQ 22HD

I know there are a lot of people who are looking for cintiq alternatives as Wacom's tablets are expensive. I had been wanting a cintiq for years but never really thought they were worth all that money. However, after I had a chance of using Cintiq 22HD for
    a few days, I came to realize that drawing on a display tablet is far quicker and more enjoyable than doing it on non-display tablets.

SO, NOW I WANTED A DISPLAY TABLET TOO FOR TWO REASONS:

1.Drawing on a display tablet was far more enjoyable than drawing with graphic tablets (like my Deco 01).

It felt like I was actually drawing on paper.

2.The higher precision and accuracy = I noticed I wasn't using the "undo" on cintiq 22HD as much = less hours spent per painting.

CINTIQ 22HD WAS GOOD BUT IS IT WORTH $1600?

Although the drawing experience was really good (feels like Intuos but more precise!) on Cintiq 22HD, I still didn't think it was worth $1600. It's a 2012 model and the display was nothing spectacular considering the price. If the display was a higher quality
    and the tablet was slimmer, I would be dreaming of having one myself even at that price point. Anyways, I looked into cintiq alternatives and the closest thing seemed to be XP-Pen's newest model, Artist 22E Pro.

XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro

I ordered and had XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro display tablet (XP-PEN Artist22E Pro Drawing Pen Display Graphic Monitor IPS Monitor 8192 Level Pen Pressure Drawing Pen Tablet Dual Monitor with 16 Express Keys and Adjustable Stand 21.5 Inch:Amazon:Computers & Accessories )for
    a day.

It's been only a day but I already have a love and hate relationship with it...

Here are the Pros and Cons

PRO's:

1.More affordable than Cintiq 22HD (although it's still not that cheap $899 / $799 until May 31)

2.Screen temperature stays REALLY COOL (OMG I LOVE) vs Cintiq 22HD gets a little warm

3.IPS Panel (wide view angles) and anti-glare coating's really good. (cintiq 22HD's is grainy)

4.almost no lagging felt when drawing (14ms = same as Cintiq 22HD)

5.Slimmer and smaller than Cintiq but has 21.5 inch screen (same as Cintiq 22HD)

6.Parallax better than or similar to Cintiq 22HD

7.pen accuracy, sensitivity on point (except for the area close to the edges)

8.easy to use and install

9.sharp, good colors

CON's: [UPDATE: I am told that these two issues are solved with recent XP-Pen drivers update]

1.Display is not sharp (texts, image edges, lines are soft when they need to be sharp and clear)

2.Lower pressure sensitivity levels (1%-20%) I feel like are not that accurate. I needed to put a little more force for the nib to register anything and that results in e.g. 20% opacity when I wanted 10%.

3.Pen Batteries: You need to recharge pens. Not really a huge con for me because they give you two pens.

4.No tilt on pen: not a big deal for me. Just mentioning for information as some people do care about this function.

Other notable info:

1.Color Gamut: standard (advertised as an "amazing" display). It covers 72%~78% sRGB. Just a standard. It's not really a con or a pro I guess.

2.No pen stand: their site says they give you a pen stand. I only found a pen case.

3.Adj. buttons on the display are stiff but you don't need to use them often once everything's set.

4.Something about the way the pen nib works: related to the con I mentioned; I just didn't like the way it felt. The nib's a little bulky and doesn't feel good

when doing detailed, light strokes. Depending on what kind of drawing you do, you may not even notice this.

*I wrote no pen calibration in the image but the driver does have it I just missed it. However, that doesn't change my opinion on the lower pen pressure levels!

SO, MY CONCLUSION IS:

1.XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro display tablet is a pretty good alternative to a Cintiq with some better aspects (thin bezels, better
    parallax, 21.5 inch screen etc.)

2.BUT! There are two major issues that made me return it. The pressure sensitivity was not up to my expectations. Maybe I am just used to Wacom pens but I felt like it's a little awkward when I needed precise strokes for details. Secondly, the display is not
    sharp (it's too blurry. It could be because of the anti-glare coating).

Therefore this is a great display tablet for:

-people who have never experienced higher end Wacom tablets

-hobbyists artists

-people who have not had good quality IPS monitors

-people looking for a Cintiq-like display without breaking their bank

Wouldn't recommend it to:

-people who have used Wacom tablets (Intuos and above) and are used to them

-professional users / serious artists

*Note: if you intend to use two tablets from two different brands (e.g. wacom intuos and a XP-Pen display tablet) on one PC, keep in mind that there can be only ONE installed driver. You need to uninstall Wacom driver if you are using the XP-Pen tablet and
    vice versa.

wanshua, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Chino Win User
    Wacom Launches the Cintiq Pro 24-inch Pen Display

Today Wacom announced the availability of the Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 pen display, expanding the Cintiq Pro high-definition range, which is designed for creative professionals seeking a larger digital canvas and the power to tackle an increasing onslaught of creative applications and programs. The new 24-inch Cintiq Pro pen display joins the previously introduced 13 and 16-inch models to form a comprehensive range of sizes for every need and workspace. The pen and touch display version will be available in May, the earlier announced 32-inch model is slated for later this year.

Performance you can see and feel
    The brilliant 4k display, 98% Adobe RGB color accuracy and a billion colors deliver a true-to-life visual experience. The pen on screen experience was also improved. The combination of the new Pro Pen 2 technology (improved pressure sensitivity featuring 8,192 levels), the etched glass surface, the reduction in parallax through optical bonding and the close to zero latency, provide artists with precise control and a more natural feeling pen on screen experience.

XP-Pen Artist 15.6 or 16 pro pen display : What should I get? MHj0GYz9RQxQTp1B_thm.jpg

XP-Pen Artist 15.6 or 16 pro pen display : What should I get? ByoDTUYXtccLlmJ4_thm.jpg

XP-Pen Artist 15.6 or 16 pro pen display : What should I get? 9eVwngwb7EflkQLy_thm.jpg

"We know that professional artists and designers are facing an increasingly vast array of computing and display demands as they embrace emerging technologies like augmented and virtual reality, and 3D, where one size doesn't fit all," says Faik Karaoglu, Executive Vice President for the Creative Business Unit at Wacom. "Everyone has their own way of working, and we are excited to offer larger sized digital canvases with flexibility that provides more pen space for those who need it to create."

Transforming the workflow
    With the Wacom Cintiq Pro Engine (also announced today), a Windows 10 computing module, featuring the new NVIDIA Quadro P3200 high performance graphic card, that slides into the back of the Cintiq Pro 24 display, creative professionals can easily transform their Cintiq Pro 24 into a high performance creative workstation fully supporting state of the art applications and workflows, including 3D, animation and augmented and virtual reality.

Availability
    The Cintiq Pro 24 pen display models are available in the U.S., Japan and selected European countries as of March; for further details visit our e-store at Wacom.com. Prices ranging from $1,999 to $2,499. The Pen & Touch version of Cintiq Pro 24 will be available in May 2018 and finally the also announced Cintiq Pro 32-inch model is slated for later in 2018 due to a couple of unexpected supply chain issues.

Chino, Jul 31, 2018
  4. XP-Pen Artist 15.6 or 16 pro pen display : What should I get?

Is it possible to connect a wacom pen display to a hp 15-1019dx?

Is it possible to connect a wacom pen display to a hp 15-1019dx?

sergiorodriguez1, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

XP-Pen Artist 15.6 or 16 pro pen display : What should I get?

1. XP-Pen Artist 15.6 or 16 pro pen display : What should I get? - Similar Threads - Pen Artist pro

2. Windows 11 and XP PEN Artist Pro 15.6 tablet incompatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 and XP PEN Artist Pro 15.6 tablet incompatibility: Tablet was working great up until yesterday, when HDMI port stopped showing image on the tablet, yet I could use the tablet's touch, buttons and pen. I installed latest driver from XP PEN and updated windows, the HDMI issue was solved but now the tablet isn't recognized as a...
  3. Windows 11 and XP PEN Artist Pro 15.6 tablet incompatibility

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 and XP PEN Artist Pro 15.6 tablet incompatibility: Tablet was working great up until yesterday, when HDMI port stopped showing image on the tablet, yet I could use the tablet's touch, buttons and pen. I installed latest driver from XP PEN and updated windows, the HDMI issue was solved but now the tablet isn't recognized as a...
  4. firmware for xp pen artist 22e pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    firmware for xp pen artist 22e pro: ,y xp pen artist 22e pro isnt recognixing my tablet even though i see a mirror image on my drawing tablet. yet when i run the software for the xp pen it says to connect the device first but it is already connected. where is a firmware to fix this problem...
  5. firmware for xp pen artist 22e pro

firmware for xp pen artist 22e pro: ,y xp pen artist 22e pro isnt recognixing my tablet even though i see a mirror image on my drawing tablet. yet when i run the software for the xp pen it says to connect the device first but it is already connected. where is a firmware to fix this problem...
  6. firmware for xp pen artist 22e pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My Xp Pen Artist 12 Pro is recognized as a keyboard

My Xp Pen Artist 12 Pro is recognized as a keyboard: I just got my brand new keyboard today, and when i plugged it in, the screen said "No connection". I tried to download the driver again, restart my desktop and replug my tablet but it didnt work. Then I checked my device settings and found out that windows labeled my tablet...
  8. My Xp Pen Artist 12 Pro is recognized as a keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Xp Pen Artist 12 Pro is recognized as a keyboard: I just got my brand new keyboard today, and when i plugged it in, the screen said "No connection". I tried to download the driver again, restart my desktop and replug my tablet but it didnt work. Then I checked my device settings and found out that windows labeled my tablet...
  9. My Xp Pen Artist 12 Pro is recognized as a keyboard

10. Has anyone tried the XP-Pen Artist 12 Tablet Graphics display ?

Has anyone tried the XP-Pen Artist 12 Tablet Graphics display ?: Lately I feel like my trusty 5+ year old Pen tablet is finally on the verge of retirement. So I'm thinking of buying a new Pen Display Monitor that with a Screen so that Ican drawing directly on it .Since I used to work on a graphics tablet without a screen. Now I need your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xp pen 15.6 vs 16 pro

2. xp pen 16 pro vs xp pen 15.6

3. Artist Display 15.6 Pro

4. xp pen 16 pro,
  5. which is better xp pen 15.6 pro or 16 pro,
  6. XP-PEN Artist16 vs pro,
  7. compare Intuos pro 16 with XP-Pen Graphic Monitor Artist16 Pro,
  8. 15.6 pro vs 16 pro xp-pen,
  9. xp-pen 15.6 pro vs 16,
  10. is xp-pen 16 pro better than xp-pen 15.6 pro,
  11. xppen 15.6 pro vs 16 pro,