Windows 10: XP SP3 VM -- installing updates!!!!!

Discus and support XP SP3 VM -- installing updates!!!!! in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi thanks for the input. Indeed, we are just running XP in VM for fun and memories. I stopped using XP when Vista was released. Will look at what you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by swarfega, Apr 5, 2018.

1. swarfega Win User

XP SP3 VM -- installing updates!!!!!

Hi thanks for the input. Indeed, we are just running XP in VM for fun and memories. I stopped using XP when Vista was released. Will look at what you have said.

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Hi folks

strange here

but my WinXP system is actually installing updates !!!
    Maybe I had an old file that contained the updates but don't think so !!

XP  SP3 VM -- installing updates!!!!! [​IMG]

Cheers

jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Apr 22, 2018
  3. Mediclips Win User
    Windows 10 error with DLL after startup

Yes Alberto. I tried in both virtual machines.

Windows 10 VM # 1: (no error message + no Food Processor). I tried to install the Food Processor as administrator in Compatibility mode Windows XP SP3 and it does not install. I know this worked fine in Windows 8.1

Windows 10 VM # 2: (error message + Food Processor). I run the software as administrator in compatibility mode Windows XP SP3 and it runs fine. But the error message still appears at reboot.

Again, I just want to fix the error message in VM # 2 or being able to install the software in VM # 1.

Mediclips, Apr 22, 2018
  4. XP SP3 VM -- installing updates!!!!!

Special upgrade circumstances

1. I currently have WIN 7 Pro with an VM XP SP3. Will this upgrade keep my VM SP3?

2. I can run x32 programs (Office 2003 pro and VB6) in WIN 7 Pro. Will I still be able to run these programs in the WIN 10 OS?

Thanks

AccessShell, Apr 22, 2018
  5. swarfega Win User
    hmm Ill have to check that on mine, will need to reinstall VMware.

swarfega, Apr 22, 2018
  6. All the files for updating XP are still located at Microsoft servers, including Microsoft Update Catalog. This is why the updates are still found. *Smile

slicendice, Apr 22, 2018
  7. Berton Win User
    I recently took my WinXP w/SP3 out of 2 years of storage and it also did some updates after connecting.

Berton, Apr 22, 2018
  8. sml156 Win User

I think Microsoft released an update for XP during the wannacry scare.

sml156, Apr 22, 2018
  9. Barman58 Win User
  10. swarfega Win User
    My XP isn't updating:

XP  SP3 VM -- installing updates!!!!! [​IMG]

swarfega, Apr 23, 2018
  11. Berton Win User
    That update Barman58 linked seems to make the assumption SP3 is already installed. Mine was and got the update without problem. SP3 was the last for WinXP.

Berton, Apr 24, 2018
  12. sml156 Win User
    I stopped using XP years before it went into EOL (April 8, 2014), I'm guessing that you are running that in a VM, I would look at your update history and see if you have any updates dated after that. Microsoft released the update for wannacry (smb 1 vulnerability) for all activated XP users still connected to the net with auto update enabled.

5/15/2017 - Download Security Update for Windows XP SP3 (KB4012598) from Official Microsoft Download Center

Windows XP Service Pack 3 KB936929
    Microsoft Update Catalog

After XP's EOL Microsoft sold extended support and updates to large Corporation's and Government's for multi millions of dollars each for one year, Some clever people found a way to avoid paying with a simple registry hack.

Interesting FYI:
    Some of those corporations were bank's, Yes when you stick your bank card into a debit machine it is highly likely that it is still running a XP based OS. (search: "jackpotting bank machines news" to learn more about the latest vulnerability -- please only go to reputable news sites you may get hacked otherwise)

sml156, Apr 24, 2018
Thema:

1. XP SP3 VM -- installing updates!!!!! - Similar Threads - SP3 installing updates

2. Activation of Windows XP on VM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation of Windows XP on VM: Dear Microsoft,Unfortunately we had some very important legacy software that run on Windows XP only.My vendor told me to clone the hard disk to VM and then seek Microsoft to activate it as this is how hegot his cloned Windows XP work.We successfully cloned it to VM but...
  3. Windows XP SP3 AutoLogon/Logoff

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows XP SP3 AutoLogon/Logoff: Hi Community,We are facing a very strange problem in our Windows XP SP-3. I have check the security events and found that user Auto Logon & Log Off are generated every 3-4 Seconds. There is only one user i-e Administrator configured on that machine. Additionally we have not...
  4. Windows XP SP3 AutoLogon/Logoff

Windows XP SP3 AutoLogon/Logoff: Hi Community,We are facing a very strange problem in our Windows XP SP-3. I have check the security events and found that user Auto Logon & Log Off are generated every 3-4 Seconds. There is only one user i-e Administrator configured on that machine. Additionally we have not...
  5. xp sp3 offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xp sp3 offline: does anyone know if i can still download XP SP 3 Offline version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xp-sp3-offline/d4dd03f6-274b-4de7-9335-387814c8dee7
  6. xp sp3 offline

xp sp3 offline: does anyone know if i can still download XP SP 3 Offline version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xp-sp3-offline/d4dd03f6-274b-4de7-9335-387814c8dee7
  7. How to skip the Office XP SP3 update in Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to skip the Office XP SP3 update in Windows Update: Dear Friends, Greetings! Something interesting happens to one of the machines in my office. The machine comes with Windows 10 Home, and I installed Office XP on it. Office XP works fine. Windows 10 works fine. However, after some days, the Windows Update detected...
  8. Updating XP SP3 to Windows 10 using media creation tool

Updating XP SP3 to Windows 10 using media creation tool: Microsoft does not accept the original label Vista key. Dell computer was originally installed as XP and had been running SP3. Used the MCT to perform upgrade but license is not accepted. Any solution ?...
  9. Issues installing & running Windows XP SP3 in Hyper V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Issues installing & running Windows XP SP3 in Hyper V: I'm playing around with Windows XP as a VM in Hyper V for reasons I won't go into. I have a bootable Windows XP SP3 CD I created some time ago. I've hit the following issues. I can install XP from the CD but Hyper V seems to want access to the bootable CD whenever the VM is...
  10. Windows continues to want to update Office XP SP3, but I have NEVER had Office XP on this...

Windows continues to want to update Office XP SP3, but I have NEVER had Office XP on this...: For many years now, Windows keeps trying to update/install Office XP Service Pack 3 on my laptop. It has happened on three different laptops over the years, each with Windows 7, then Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and now Windows 10 (fully updated except the Creators update, which...