Windows 10: XP to Windows 10...

Discus and support XP to Windows 10... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; We were finally able to convince the girlfriends father to update his work PC. He has been stubborn and not wanting to move off XP. After enough issues... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ogrehunter, Jul 31, 2020.

1. XP to Windows 10...

We were finally able to convince the girlfriends father to update his work PC. He has been stubborn and not wanting to move off XP. After enough issues on a super outdated system, he finally agreed to move to Win10.

Get him backed up and get his new computer set up. Go to recover his back up.....no can do. Found out the hard way that Win10 no longer supports the way XP did backups. Did some research and tried to use a ntbackup tool. It failed to execute on the new PC, even with downloading the correct .dll files.

Has anyone done this before? Would i be able to set up a Win7 VM machine and restore the files there...then do a backup on the Win7 and transfer that to the Win10 machine? Is there a better solution that I am missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/Ogrehunter
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ogrehunter, Jul 31, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

XP to Windows 10...

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

XP to Windows 10...