Windows 10: XP VM nternet access

Discus and support XP VM nternet access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i have my Wn10 machine running Hyper-V and i've started my xp VM machine but cannot get the NIC drivers or anything else running in it to make it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by udo4accept, Jul 6, 2021.

1. XP VM nternet access

i have my Wn10 machine running Hyper-V and i've started my xp VM machine but cannot get the NIC drivers or anything else running in it to make it useable. can someone please help? This is my first attempt at setting up a VM.

:)

udo4accept, Jul 6, 2021

2. Accessing files on the old Windows 7 XP Mode VM

After successfully upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 a friend discovered that he cannot start his XP Mode VM neither access files on the virtual HD disk of the XP Mode VM.

Given that I do know that the VM cannot be started, how can he copy files from the disk?

A full backup of the Windows 7 PC is available, so the virtual disk can be restored if necessary.

Regards

marius

Marius - Roma, Jul 6, 2021
  3. neilpzz Win User
    Accessing files on the old Windows 7 XP Mode VM

If the XP Mode VM was Virtual PC then you can't access it as it is not compatible with Windows 10. The only way I can think of is to restore Windows 7 extract the files from Virtual PC and save them to an external drive then upgrade again.

neilpzz, Jul 6, 2021
  4. glnz Win User

XP VM nternet access

How to convert actual XP PC with apps and files into XP VM on Win 10?

Bree - please point me to steps how to do that.

How did your upgrade go?

glnz, Jul 6, 2021
Thema:

XP VM nternet access

1. XP VM nternet access - Similar Threads - nternet access

2. I cannot access "Core Isolation" screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot access "Core Isolation" screen.: I searched for Core Isolation, and it gets found, but I am not allowed to view or change it.Hopefully, I attached three screenshots. The first on appeared to upload. The second and third ones showed upload errors. After I post this, I'll review the online version and, if...
  3. I cannot access "Core Isolation" screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot access "Core Isolation" screen.: I searched for Core Isolation, and it gets found, but I am not allowed to view or change it.Hopefully, I attached three screenshots. The first on appeared to upload. The second and third ones showed upload errors. After I post this, I'll review the online version and, if...
  4. Internal HDD shown in explorer and marked as NTFS but I can't access it's files or see the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internal HDD shown in explorer and marked as NTFS but I can't access it's files or see the...: Hello, I had to reinstall my windows on a 1TB SSD and before it could see the drive just fine. Now when I reinstalled it, it does show my internal HDD but I can't access any of its files. Disk management says its a 2TB drive with assigned letter and name. It also says that...
  5. Internal HDD shown in explorer and marked as NTFS but I can't access it's files or see the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal HDD shown in explorer and marked as NTFS but I can't access it's files or see the...: Hello, I had to reinstall my windows on a 1TB SSD and before it could see the drive just fine. Now when I reinstalled it, it does show my internal HDD but I can't access any of its files. Disk management says its a 2TB drive with assigned letter and name. It also says that...
  6. Internal HDD shown in explorer and marked as NTFS but I can't access it's files or see the...

7. Unable to change NTFS permissions regardless of Full Control access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to change NTFS permissions regardless of Full Control access: HelloThere's a folder on a server to which I have full control permissions. I need to add new security group to the folder. It should inherit permissions from parent folder, but it doesn't, I receive message " Failed to enumerate... Access denied". I have tried to add the...
  8. timer to disable selected users USB access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    timer to disable selected users USB access: Hi All,My company has around 400 to 500 users all using win10.We have disabled USB using group policy and Intune for all users, but few of them require USB access for official reasons.I have created a policy to exclude those few users so that they can use USB drivers on that...
  9. timer to disable selected users USB access

timer to disable selected users USB access: Hi All,My company has around 400 to 500 users all using win10.We have disabled USB using group policy and Intune for all users, but few of them require USB access for official reasons.I have created a policy to exclude those few users so that they can use USB drivers on that...
  10. timer to disable selected users USB access

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware