Windows 10: xpg s70 blade nvme m.2 ssd is only using 3 to 5 % of its read and write speed in win 11

Discus and support xpg s70 blade nvme m.2 ssd is only using 3 to 5 % of its read and write speed in win 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; pc specs : ssd : XPG S70 Blade 1TB Gen4 NVMe SSDmotherboard : MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WiFiCPU : AMD Ryzen 5 7600when i am upacking any large game the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by saishravan, Jun 12, 2024.

1. xpg s70 blade nvme m.2 ssd is only using 3 to 5 % of its read and write speed in win 11

pc specs : ssd : XPG S70 Blade 1TB Gen4 NVMe SSDmotherboard : MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WiFiCPU : AMD Ryzen 5 7600when i am upacking any large game the unpacking speed of ssd is slow. when i check the ssd usage in task manager, it uses only 3 to 4 % and max up to 12% usage. but my ssd is capabale of read/write performance of up to 7400/6800/MB per sec. can any one help me out why i cant use my full potential of ssdin win 11.please help me out.thanks.

:)

saishravan, Jun 12, 2024
  2. eapLM Win User

Windows 11 only has 45% of random write speed in Nvme SSD

You have a different issue - as you are seeing an overall 50% reduction - not just in random write speed. This means you have the drive in the wrong slot or need to look at your bios settings for that slot. The slot is not running at x4 (but is at x2 - hence 50% reduction). Switch the drive to another m.2 slot on your motherboard or check your bios settings. Make sure it supports PCIe 3.0 x4

M.2 running at half speed | Tom's Hardware Forum (tomshardware.com)

[SOLVED] - m.2 port running at x2 instead of x4 | Tom's Hardware Forum (tomshardware.com)

BIOS/UEFI Configuration for Optimizing M.2 PCIe NVMe SSDs | Crucial.com

eapLM, Jun 12, 2024
  3. Windows 11 only has 45% of random write speed in Nvme SSD

xpg s70 blade nvme m.2 ssd is only using 3 to 5 % of its read and write speed in win 11 [​IMG]

xpg s70 blade nvme m.2 ssd is only using 3 to 5 % of its read and write speed in win 11 [​IMG]

i reinstalled win 10 on the addlink s70 nvme drive, crystal mark speeds back over 3500 read and over 3000 write even with 400gb of files on single partition. i haf cloned the win 11 system that was on the 1tb nvme drive to a 256gb sata ssd drive. and speeds were the same. which i suppose because its on different drive from nvme means nothing.

transfering between some platter hard drives i have seemed quicker as well by 30MBs per sec in win 10.

i think its to do with how much is on the win 11 system drive. what do other users think?

also it was my sequential read and write speeds i had issue with, other users seem to have had 4k issues.

im afraid now to update the win 10 to win 11 in future, if it aint broke dont fix it lol

joebloggsffff, Jun 12, 2024
  4. xpg s70 blade nvme m.2 ssd is only using 3 to 5 % of its read and write speed in win 11

Windows 11 only has 45% of random write speed in Nvme SSD

I'm only getting 3700 read/write with my S Blade S70. Should be around 7000/7400 read/write.

ToughNewfie, Jun 12, 2024
Thema:

xpg s70 blade nvme m.2 ssd is only using 3 to 5 % of its read and write speed in win 11

1. xpg s70 blade nvme m.2 ssd is only using 3 to 5 % of its read and write speed in win 11 - Similar Threads - xpg s70 blade

2. xpg s70 blade nvme m.2 ssd is only using 3 to 5 % of its read and write speed in win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xpg s70 blade nvme m.2 ssd is only using 3 to 5 % of its read and write speed in win 11: pc specs : ssd : XPG S70 Blade 1TB Gen4 NVMe SSDmotherboard : MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WiFiCPU : AMD Ryzen 5 7600when i am upacking any large game the unpacking speed of ssd is slow. when i check the ssd usage in task manager, it uses only 3 to 4 % and max up to 12% usage. but...
  3. Is only keeping a M.2 NVME SSD, a good decision?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is only keeping a M.2 NVME SSD, a good decision?: Hi, I am planning to build a new PC. My question is, is it safe to use only a NVME SSD as a storage unit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-only-keeping-a-m2-nvme-ssd-a-good-decision/190e6691-60e3-4c02-adec-82d0b3a55715
  4. Slow M.2 nvme ssd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow M.2 nvme ssd: Hi.I have Lexar NM620 M.2 2280 256GB SSD.Recently when I checked my ssd's read and write speed I noticed a significant performance drop. This is how it used to be a month ago :And this is how it is now :I mean these speeds are not even SATA ssd speeds. Could you help me with...
  5. Slow M.2 nvme ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow M.2 nvme ssd: Hi.I have Lexar NM620 M.2 2280 256GB SSD.Recently when I checked my ssd's read and write speed I noticed a significant performance drop. This is how it used to be a month ago :And this is how it is now :I mean these speeds are not even SATA ssd speeds. Could you help me with...
  6. Slow M.2 nvme ssd

7. Windows 11 only has 45% of random write speed in Nvme SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 only has 45% of random write speed in Nvme SSD: As you see above, the other performance is about the same, but in RND 4K Q32 T16 the speed has dropped significantly. I know that because the two software versions are different and the condition of the computer is different, it is normal for the performance to fluctuate, but...
  8. Windows 11 only has 45% of random write speed in Nvme SSD

Windows 11 only has 45% of random write speed in Nvme SSD: As you see above, the other performance is about the same, but in RND 4K Q32 T16 the speed has dropped significantly. I know that because the two software versions are different and the condition of the computer is different, it is normal for the performance to fluctuate, but...
  9. Upgrade m.2 NVMe 256GB SSD to a larger m.2 NVMe SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade m.2 NVMe 256GB SSD to a larger m.2 NVMe SSD: I have an HP EliteDesk 800 G5 Mini PC and would like to change the boot WD_Black SN720 256GB NVMe m.2 SSD for a WD_Black SN850 500GB NVMe m.2 SSD.There are 2 NVMe M.2 slots and already have installed a WD_Black SN750 1TB NVMe Internal SSD in the second slot as a Data...
  10. NVMe M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVMe M.2 SSD: Hello, I have the Asus Rog Rampage Extreme Omega motherboard, X299 chipset. Currently, I have the Samsung 970 Pro which is a PCIe 3.0x4. From what I understand my motherboard only supports up to PCIe3.0x4. I also understand that PCIe is backwards compatible. Therefore, if...