Windows 10: XPS 13 gets scalding hot in sleep mode

Discus and support XPS 13 gets scalding hot in sleep mode in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/FiziksMayMays [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ewsjlh/xps_13_gets_scalding_hot_in_sleep_mode/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FiziksMayMays, Jan 31, 2020.

1. XPS 13 gets scalding hot in sleep mode

/u/FiziksMayMays, Jan 31, 2020

2. Dell XPS 13 (9370) Getting Warm in Sleep Mode

I like my laptops to sleep when I close the lid and have set this up on my next Dell XPS 13.

When I put my other laptops to sleep they are stone cold but the Dell XPS stays as warm in sleep as it gets when doing light browsing.

I have run the powercfg /a and - energy reports and see that S3 doesn't seem to be supported and the XPS is using some other "sleep" protocol.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get this to sleep cold - Dell don't seem to have a clue.

Thanks

Jon

Midnight_lightning, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Jan 31, 2020
  4. XPS 13 gets scalding hot in sleep mode

Windows 10 on new Dell XPS 13 will not sleep properly

Still fighting with this issue...

I tried to install all the recommended drivers from Dell and keep doing it during the last few months.

But it did not solve my issue (new Dell XPS 13), PC does not goes to sleep mode but keeps a clean boot.

Got use to it...fact it is very annoying!!!

Shay Raize-Meshulam, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

XPS 13 gets scalding hot in sleep mode

1. XPS 13 gets scalding hot in sleep mode - Similar Threads - XPS gets scalding

2. HP laptop gets hot when charging in sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP laptop gets hot when charging in sleep mode: my HP envy 360 which i bought brand new, sometimes gets hot when charging in sleep mode is it normal or should i do something because it is really worrying me off. all my power settings are normal and the pc is set to better battery mode...
  3. Problem in XPS 13 dell

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem in XPS 13 dell: Hi, I have a new laptop XPS 13 of dell, and for some reason there is a graphic problem when using universal docking station I am using windows 10 20H2 version latest version The problem is like that: 1. when doing right on directory for example, and moving the mouse...
  4. Dell XPS 13 9300 is crashing while sleeping or hibernating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell XPS 13 9300 is crashing while sleeping or hibernating: Hello, My Dell XPS 13 is always crashing will I'm going into sleep mode, I try to reset my power option but still same issue, here is the dump file : ************* Path validation summary **************Response Time ms LocationDeferred...
  5. Laptop (Dell XPS 13) goes sleeping randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop (Dell XPS 13) goes sleeping randomly: My laptop goes sleeping randomly (1). I observed that right before that happens, the Power-LED flashes in yellow color (5 fast flashes). Sometimes when the LEDs flash in that way, I move the mouse to prevent the PC to go to sleep and it appears to work. Because of that...
  6. Bluetooth is not working xps 13

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth is not working xps 13: The Bluetooth on my laptop has suddenly stopped working, I cannot turn it on. I have already tried: 1. Running the Bluetooth trouble shooter. I get a "Check Bluetooth radio status - not fixed" error. 2. Updating the qualcomm Bluetooth driver 3. Uninstalling and...
  7. Laptop gets HOT when in sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop gets HOT when in sleep mode.: I have an HP Envy X360 with a Ryzen 5 3500U, which I bought near November of last year. Everything with it was fine until 2 months ago when I noticed that whenever my laptop was in sleep mode it'd get really hot to the touch, even hotter than when I run a demanding game or...
  8. HP Envy getting too hot to touch on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HP Envy getting too hot to touch on sleep mode: I have a HP Envy x360, and I bought it in January 2020. For some reason, when I close my laptop and it goes to sleep, if I leave it for awhile, it doesn't wake back up. I have to hold the power button to turn it off, wait 5 seconds, then turn it back on again. On top of that,...
  9. Dell XPS 13 (9370) Getting Warm in Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell XPS 13 (9370) Getting Warm in Sleep Mode: I like my laptops to sleep when I close the lid and have set this up on my next Dell XPS 13. When I put my other laptops to sleep they are stone cold but the Dell XPS stays as warm in sleep as it gets when doing light browsing. I have run the powercfg /a and - energy...
  10. XPS 13 won't reset?

in Windows 10 Support
    XPS 13 won't reset?: I reset my XPS 13 9360 last night to send to someone who has bought it. It just keeps restarting saying it needs an update or something. It gets stuck on the "Just a moment" screen for ages and then just restarts and does it all over again. Please help! 120553