Windows 10: XPS 15 7590 goes into "Connected Standby" after 30mins when plugged in and set to Never...

Discus and support XPS 15 7590 goes into "Connected Standby" after 30mins when plugged in and set to Never... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/cadtek [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fb4nx3/xps_15_7590_goes_into_connected_standby_after/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cadtek, Feb 28, 2020.

1. /u/cadtek Win User

XPS 15 7590 goes into "Connected Standby" after 30mins when plugged in and set to Never...

/u/cadtek, Feb 28, 2020
  2. Anne Kate Win User

Surface Pro 6 goes Standby every 30min-ish (SC_MONITORPOWER)

I see you have set the Sleep setting to never. As a further step, on the same window, in the same list, there should be an option for the video card as well. Just to be sure, set that one to maximum performance. Another thing I can think of, is if there is any surface specific battery saver software, one that would come pre-installed, which overwrites the settings you already changed. Might be good idea to check that too.

Actually, I have looked more into it. It seems very likely that your problem comes from the Windows "Connected standby" feature. For some reason many surface devices have problem because of this feature. What you can try is to disable this feature. For many it seems that it fixed their strange behaviors on the surface. Here is a link to toolofgod it explains in detail how this feature can be disabled.

The instruction for disabling it:
    "Open regedit then navigate to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\CsEnabled

If you have Connected Standby enabled, this variable will have a 1 (one) in it. To disable it, double-click on the CsEnabled variable and put a 0 (zero) in there. Reboot and you are done."

Anne Kate, Feb 28, 2020
  3. essuor Win User
    E50 missing Standby Plug-ins

After upgrading to 07.36.0.0, Standby plug-ins are not available anymore, and when selected ("Menu > Settings > Phone > Standby Mode > Active Standby Plug-ins") all I get is "No data" instead of the usual apps list. Orange UK (business) replaced my phone
    twice because of this, and each time it was deliverred with 07.36 fitted, but missing the option to enter "Active Standby Plug-ins". Orange UK are passing this on to Nokia. This is a major bug that will need correcting.

essuor, Feb 28, 2020
  4. kodex Win User

XPS 15 7590 goes into "Connected Standby" after 30mins when plugged in and set to Never...

Screen goes blank after changing BIOS settings/

I don't know how long this has been happening, a few weeks at least, but whenever I change a setting in my BIOS (and save & exit), my screen goes blank and my monitor goes into standby. Any suggestions to fix this?

kodex, Feb 28, 2020
Thema:

1. XPS 15 7590 goes into "Connected Standby" after 30mins when plugged in and set to Never... - Similar Threads - XPS 7590 goes

2. Resolution timing for XPS 15 7590 With Non-vPro Processor Blue Screen Error With Windows 11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resolution timing for XPS 15 7590 With Non-vPro Processor Blue Screen Error With Windows 11...: Dell has released the attached https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-au/000214118/xps-7590-with-non-vpro-processor-blue-screen-error-with-windows-11-22h2any idea when microsoft will implement...
  3. Update error on Dell XPS 15 7590 - error code 0x800700a1 trying to Update Windows 10,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update error on Dell XPS 15 7590 - error code 0x800700a1 trying to Update Windows 10,...: I keep getting an update error when trying to install update Windows 10, version 21H2. The error code is 0x800700a1.And this keeps me from allwoing to update to Windows 11.Can anyone help me solve this issue?Kind regards, JensTechnical information:Microsoft Windows 10 Pro...
  4. Dell XPS 15 7590 laptop microphone not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell XPS 15 7590 laptop microphone not working: Hi Community! I'm hoping someone can help me. I have a brand new Dell XPS 15 7590 laptop running Windows 10. The internal microphone doesn't work. Since I have to do all my work from home, I had to buy an external microphone and it works just fine. I've spent at least 30...
  5. Flight Simulator on Dell XPS 15 7590

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator on Dell XPS 15 7590: Hi, I have a Dell XPS 15 7590 with i9-9980HK, GeForce GTX 1650. Is this good enough to play MS Flight Sim 2020? Would I be able to get any real advantage by using an eGPU RTX 2080 Ti or is it better to upgrade to a gaming desktop? When the VR support is available with the...
  6. XPS 15 7590 Windows 10 Laptop will NOT turn on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    XPS 15 7590 Windows 10 Laptop will NOT turn on: About a week ago, I was on my XPS 15 Laptop and I had to do something real quick so I closed the cover. I went back to open my laptop 15 minutes later. However, when I did that, it looked like it had been turned off. It would not turn on when i pressed the power button for a...
  7. Intermittent Network Disconnections - Dell XPS 15 7590 - Killer AX1650 - Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intermittent Network Disconnections - Dell XPS 15 7590 - Killer AX1650 - Windows 10 Home: Hello all, I have been having intermittent network issues on my laptop for about a month and while I usually wouldn't post a question, I seem to have come to a dead end in terms of my technical support knowledge. It is a bit of an interesting scenario, at least to me, so I...
  8. Intermittent but Regular Network Disconnections - Dell XPS 15 7590 - Killer AX1650 -...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intermittent but Regular Network Disconnections - Dell XPS 15 7590 - Killer AX1650 -...: Hello all, I have been having intermittent network issues on my laptop for about a month and while I usually wouldn't post a question, I seem to have come to a dead end in terms of my technical support knowledge. It is a bit of an interesting scenario, at least to me, so I...
  9. Colours too saturated on new XPS 15 7590

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Colours too saturated on new XPS 15 7590: I recently 3 days ago received my new purchased Dell XPS 15 7590, and I find its colors to be much too saturated. Being a graphic designer, I can't use it for work since colors on my device aren't reflective of industry standards and what other devices see. I've looked...
  10. My XPS 15 9560 never goes to sleep by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    My XPS 15 9560 never goes to sleep by itself: Hi Something prevents my XPS 15 9560 from going to sleep by itself. I've run the energy troubleshooter and it has no remarks. The energy program is set to put the computer to sleep after 30 minutes but nothing happens. If I don't turn off the computer myself it'll never turn...