Windows 10: XPS 15 9500 with Windows 10 20H2 power plan question

Discus and support XPS 15 9500 with Windows 10 20H2 power plan question in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/giveusumthin2cryabt [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jyh6ku/xps_15_9500_with_windows_10_20h2_power_plan/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/giveusumthin2cryabt, Nov 21, 2020.

1. XPS 15 9500 with Windows 10 20H2 power plan question

/u/giveusumthin2cryabt, Nov 21, 2020
  2. John Fer Win User

Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Power plans automatically changing

Hi Jonah,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with power plans.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to incorrect Power settings. Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

Let’s run the power troubleshooter and check if that helps.

a. Press Windows key on the keyboard.

b. In the search box, type Troubleshooting and press
    Enter.

c. Click on ‘System and Security’ and click on ‘Power’ click on next to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to
    restore the power plans to default and check if it helps.

Step 1: Reset and restore the power plans to default:

• Right-click on
      Start button
      and click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• In the command prompt, type powercfg –restoredefaultschemes
      and hit Enter.

• Exit command prompt.
    Note: This would reset the power plan settings to default. Any customized power plans are would be removed.

Step 2:

Once the power plan is reset to default, you may create a
    new power plan
    and customize the same according to your needs.

Refer to the link:

Power plans: Frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/power-plans-faq

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Nov 21, 2020
  4. XPS 15 9500 with Windows 10 20H2 power plan question

Energy Plan keeps resetting

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are encountering issues with your Power settings in Windows 10. We suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter to find and fix problems with your Power saving plan. To do this simply follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type troubleshooting
      and click the first option.
    • Then click on System and Security.
    • Select Power.

After performing the steps above, restart your computer and set your preferred power plan settings.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

XPS 15 9500 with Windows 10 20H2 power plan question

1. XPS 15 9500 with Windows 10 20H2 power plan question - Similar Threads - XPS 9500 20H2

2. Volmgr 45 on Dell xps 9500

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volmgr 45 on Dell xps 9500: I'm getting volmgr 45 error on my pc,When i checking error details, it says error volume2 parttion on hdd. It was getting this error on my pc running Windows 10 pro, I updated pc to Windows 11 pro. but this same error going on. I searched many topic on internet but not fixed...
  3. Volmgr 45 on Dell xps 9500

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volmgr 45 on Dell xps 9500: I'm getting volmgr 45 error on my pc,When i checking error details, it says error volume2 parttion on hdd. It was getting this error on my pc running Windows 10 pro, I updated pc to Windows 11 pro. but this same error going on. I searched many topic on internet but not fixed...
  4. Questions about the Dell XPS 15 9575 drivers

Questions about the Dell XPS 15 9575 drivers: I have a Dell XPS 15 2in1 9575 running Windows 10 version 21H2. At the moment it's graphics card drivers always drop as soon as the installation is finished, I don't know what it's because of. The contents of the Setupapi.dev.log file, read from the %Systemroot%/INF folder,...
  5. Dell XPS 15 9500 experiencing many issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell XPS 15 9500 experiencing many issues.: Hello, I have recently gotten myself a XPS 15 9500 and have been experiencing some issues with it.When I first unboxed it, I was met with a headphone jack that wouldn't work unless I reset a driver every time I restarted, or put to sleep my computer, or unplugged my...
  6. Dell XPS 15 9500 experiencing many issues.

Dell XPS 15 9500 experiencing many issues.: Hello, I have recently gotten myself a XPS 15 9500 and have been experiencing some issues with it.When I first unboxed it, I was met with a headphone jack that wouldn't work unless I reset a driver every time I restarted, or put to sleep my computer, or unplugged my...
  7. Insane Battery discharge rate on Dell XPS 15 9500

Insane Battery discharge rate on Dell XPS 15 9500: Hi all,I'm facing a very weird issue with Dell XPS 15 9500 with battery discharge. When I got my laptop, the battery backup was perfect close to 10 hours but after 2-3 months of use, it came down to just 2-3 hours. I researched a lot on driver updates, BIOS updates, Dell...
  8. Insane Battery discharge rate on Dell XPS 15 9500

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Insane Battery discharge rate on Dell XPS 15 9500: Hi all,I'm facing a very weird issue with Dell XPS 15 9500 with battery discharge. When I got my laptop, the battery backup was perfect close to 10 hours but after 2-3 months of use, it came down to just 2-3 hours. I researched a lot on driver updates, BIOS updates, Dell...
  9. Dell XPS 9500 Settings

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dell XPS 9500 Settings: Hello...I have a brand new Dell XPS 15 9500 with both Intel and Nvidia graphics. Except when I open Nvidia Control Panel and click the image settings I see 0 activity from the discrete Nvidia card (1650Ti). Even then it moves 1 - 2%. Is this normal behavior or should I see...
  10. XPS 15 9500 extremely slow startup if Wi-Fi is connected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    XPS 15 9500 extremely slow startup if Wi-Fi is connected: My XPS 15 9500 has become extremely slow to boot and restart since a few days ago. After the Dell logo, it's stuck in a blue screen with spinning dots and "please wait" for 15 to 20 minutes before the sign-in screen appears. After I put in the password, it takes another 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell xps 9500 power options