Windows 10: XPS 8950/Windows 11 No output to external amp

Discus and support XPS 8950/Windows 11 No output to external amp in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just purchased XPS. Hooked to external receiver EXACLY as per instructions. No sound. Have tried all the troubleshooting steps that W 11 offers as well... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dennis Beauchamp1, Aug 8, 2022.

1. XPS 8950/Windows 11 No output to external amp

Just purchased XPS. Hooked to external receiver EXACLY as per instructions. No sound. Have tried all the troubleshooting steps that W 11 offers as well as the ones in these forums. Dell seems to think Windows is problem. Is anyone else experiencing this.?

:)

Dennis Beauchamp1, Aug 8, 2022

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 8, 2022
  3. clean instal of windows 11

I just bought a dell 8950 with a hdd containing the windows 11 OS. I installed an ssd drive and initialized it. how do I install windows 11 OS on the ssd drive? Thanks for your suggestions

MartinClarkson2001, Aug 8, 2022
  4. kumetix Win User

XPS 8950/Windows 11 No output to external amp

External (Dell) monitor not recognized any more by Dell Precision 7560 after upgrade to Windows 11

External (Dell) monitor not recognized any more by Dell Precision 7560 after upgrade to Windows 11

• The connection is via a cable where one end is a DVI port connected to monitor and the other end is a HDMI port connected to laptop
    • My other laptop, Dell XPS 15 with Ubuntu 20 - recognizes the external monitor.
    • Before upgrading to Windows 11, problematic laptop (Dell Precision 7560) had Windows 10, and external monitor was recoginzed.

kumetix, Aug 8, 2022
Thema:

XPS 8950/Windows 11 No output to external amp

1. XPS 8950/Windows 11 No output to external amp - Similar Threads - XPS 8950 output

2. I have downloaded all updates, reset and update of Dell xps 8950, why are all of these...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have downloaded all updates, reset and update of Dell xps 8950, why are all of these...: Every time i go and do windows updates, it seems like my registry editor has an ungodly amount of REG_DWORD additions all over the registry, i do not understand why these would be getting altered so much, and if it is anything to worry about, or if this is normal. the face...
  3. Windows 11 latest update makes Dell XPS 8950 unusable - hard boot fixes for a few minutes....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 latest update makes Dell XPS 8950 unusable - hard boot fixes for a few minutes....: Latest windows update - After Windows update system runs normally for a few minutes or hours then slowly begins to unravel. Acts like it is pegged or has a memory leak but task manager shows no such issues. Mouse movement is completely responsive. System behaves like it is...
  4. Windows 11 latest update makes Dell XPS 8950 unusable - hard boot fixes for a few minutes....

Windows 11 latest update makes Dell XPS 8950 unusable - hard boot fixes for a few minutes....: Latest windows update - After Windows update system runs normally for a few minutes or hours then slowly begins to unravel. Acts like it is pegged or has a memory leak but task manager shows no such issues. Mouse movement is completely responsive. System behaves like it is...
  5. How do I find the windows 11 product key on my new Dell XPS 8950 desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find the windows 11 product key on my new Dell XPS 8950 desktop?: How do I find the windows 11 product key on my new Dell XPS 8950 desktop? I would like to reinstall the OS on a second larger SSD card and make it the primary drive....
  6. How do I find the windows 11 product key on my new Dell XPS 8950 desktop?

How do I find the windows 11 product key on my new Dell XPS 8950 desktop?: How do I find the windows 11 product key on my new Dell XPS 8950 desktop? I would like to reinstall the OS on a second larger SSD card and make it the primary drive....
  7. "No bootable devices" after 22h2 update on XPS 8950

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "No bootable devices" after 22h2 update on XPS 8950: I updated OS to Windows 11 22h2 I think this morning via Windows Update and while restarting automatically during the update, it took me to an error page rather than the OS, where it said "no bootable devices found". It appears to not be recognizing my SSD during the update....
  8. "No bootable devices" after 22h2 update on XPS 8950

"No bootable devices" after 22h2 update on XPS 8950: I updated OS to Windows 11 22h2 I think this morning via Windows Update and while restarting automatically during the update, it took me to an error page rather than the OS, where it said "no bootable devices found". It appears to not be recognizing my SSD during the update....
  9. XPS 8950/Windows 11 No output to external amp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XPS 8950/Windows 11 No output to external amp: Just purchased XPS. Hooked to external receiver EXACLY as per instructions. No sound. Have tried all the troubleshooting steps that W 11 offers as well as the ones in these forums. Dell seems to think Windows is problem. Is anyone else experiencing this.?...
  10. Using Xonar DX DAC and an external headphone amp?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using Xonar DX DAC and an external headphone amp?: I'm trying to use my Xonar DX sound card just as a DAC with my external headphone amp. My headphone amp (Cavalli Liquid Carbon) doesn't have TOSLINK input, only RCA, 3.5mm and XLR. There is a 3.5mm to RCA cable, and I've plugged that into the line out jack but I'm not hearing...