Windows 10: XPS 9310 crashing

Discus and support XPS 9310 crashing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I have a new Dell XPS13 9310 and I've encountered 2 crashes over the past day. Not a BSOD per se as the computer just restarts, and I do not see a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mj2308, Jan 2, 2021.

1. mj2308 Win User

XPS 9310 crashing

Hi I have a new Dell XPS13 9310 and I've encountered 2 crashes over the past day. Not a BSOD per se as the computer just restarts, and I do not see a BSOD. The second occured when computer was on sleep, I do not recall the details of the first crash.

The Windows event viewer shows the following:

For first crash:

• Event ID: 6008 The previous system shutdown at <xx time> on <yy date> was unexpected.
    • Event ID: 1001 The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000009f 0x0000000000000006, 0xffffbc02e44d8a40, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000.

For second crash which occurred when computer was on Sleep

• Event ID: 6008 The previous system shutdown at <xx time> on <yy date> was unexpected.
    • Event ID: 1001 The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000009f 0x0000000000000006, 0xffffda07f92dda20, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000.

From a quick google it seems like this may be some memory error, but I've run the Windows Memory Diagnostic as well as Dell's native hardware checks including the Pre-boot System Assessment by pressing F12 when system boots and there were no errors found.

I also took a look at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-xps13-consistently-crashes-while-sleeping-or/debbfafe-5d9e-4dff-a85f-ae8af28b7d3a, which suggested that under "Change Advanced Power Settings", I should "expand Hard Disk, then set both on Battery and on Power to 0". However, under my Advanced Power Settings, there is no Hard Disk option, I only have "Desktop background settings -> Slide show", "Sleep", "Display" and "Battery" available.

My XPS 13 came with a Dell Power Manager app, and the key settings are

• Battery Setting: Adaptive i.e. battery settings adaptively optimised based on your typical battery usage pattern
    • Advanced Charge: Off
    • Peak Shift: Off
    • Thermal Management: Optimized
    • Battery Extender: Off

When the laptop crashed and restarted by itself, I had my Dell power adaptor plugged in, and also a Dell DA300 plugged in, which connects to my Dell P2719H external monitor. Interestingly, immediately after the restart, XPS 13 is unable to detect the external monitor no matter what I do reconnect the monitor, and can only detect the external monitor after I shut down, and turn on the XPS 13 again restarting does not seem to work.

This is a new laptop so I do not have a lot of new programmes installed details below. Also, I was attempting to solve my bluetooth mouse lag issue, so I had previously gone into Device Manager to uncheck the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" under the Power Management tab for some Human Interface Devices and USB controllers items. Not sure if this is relevant I've mostly gone back to reverse these given the crashes i.e. checked to allow computer to turn off device.

The mini dump files are in the following link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1llcvg7q8qnv76e/AADfWI5b16Y1iDQXsLR5nrHJa?dl=0

Really appreciate any help! Thanks!JH

Details of my laptop:

• Dell XPS 13 9310
    • Windows 10 Home; version 2004; OS build 19041.685
    • 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz
    • 8GB Memory
    • 512GB SSD
    • New programs installed
      • Google Chrome
      • Norton 360
      • Dropbox
      • Office 2019 Professional Plus 2019
      • Adobe Reader
      • HP Smart
      • VLC media player
      • Dell Display Manager

:)

mj2308, Jan 2, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 2, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 2, 2021
  4. XPS 9310 crashing

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

XPS 9310 crashing

1. XPS 9310 crashing - Similar Threads - XPS 9310 crashing

2. headphone not working on dell xps 13 9310 , Headphones working on other laptops.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headphone not working on dell xps 13 9310 , Headphones working on other laptops.: headphone not working on dell xps 13 9310 , Headphones working on other laptops. Tried using different headphones, but none of them work. All of them work on other laptops....
  3. headphone not working on dell xps 13 9310 , Headphones working on other laptops.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headphone not working on dell xps 13 9310 , Headphones working on other laptops.: headphone not working on dell xps 13 9310 , Headphones working on other laptops. Tried using different headphones, but none of them work. All of them work on other laptops....
  4. headphone not working on dell xps 13 9310 , Headphones working on other laptops.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My Dell XPS 13 9310 2-in-1 keyboard randomly stops responding, and it started to happen a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Dell XPS 13 9310 2-in-1 keyboard randomly stops responding, and it started to happen a...: I have posted the original post on Reddit XPS 13 9310 2-in-1 keyboard randomly stops responding, have tried many methods to permanently solve this issue, but no luck. Please help!! : Dell reddit.com but I figured it can likely be an issue/a bug caused by the update from Win...
  6. My Dell XPS 13 9310 2-in-1 keyboard randomly stops responding, and it started to happen a...

My Dell XPS 13 9310 2-in-1 keyboard randomly stops responding, and it started to happen a...: I have posted the original post on Reddit XPS 13 9310 2-in-1 keyboard randomly stops responding, have tried many methods to permanently solve this issue, but no luck. Please help!! : Dell reddit.com but I figured it can likely be an issue/a bug caused by the update from Win...
  7. dell xps 13 9310 random system crashes potenitally due to killer wifi apparently but never...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dell xps 13 9310 random system crashes potenitally due to killer wifi apparently but never...: hi there, i own an exps 13 9310 thaf has been a brilliant laptop but always had this issue of randomly shutting off, simply the screen goes black and then i have to power the machine back on , occasionaly it says an error has occured try trouble fixing which never works or...
  8. dell xps 13 9310 random system crashes potenitally due to killer wifi apparently but never...

dell xps 13 9310 random system crashes potenitally due to killer wifi apparently but never...: hi there, i own an exps 13 9310 thaf has been a brilliant laptop but always had this issue of randomly shutting off, simply the screen goes black and then i have to power the machine back on , occasionaly it says an error has occured try trouble fixing which never works or...
  9. Dell xps13 9310 random shutdown/crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell xps13 9310 random shutdown/crashes: Hi there, long time user of dell's computers but lately finding it really difficult, currently using the xps 13 9310 and the system randomly shuts off / crashes cant tell which, really frustrating as it's out of warranty as well and is properly annoying, I used to simply put...
  10. Dell xps13 9310 random shutdown/crashes

Dell xps13 9310 random shutdown/crashes: Hi there, long time user of dell's computers but lately finding it really difficult, currently using the xps 13 9310 and the system randomly shuts off / crashes cant tell which, really frustrating as it's out of warranty as well and is properly annoying, I used to simply put...