Windows 10: XPS Reader Crashes When Attempting to Copy Text

Discus and support XPS Reader Crashes When Attempting to Copy Text in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; XPS viewer crashes when I try to copy text from it. Please let me know the fix (Running system check and reinstalling is not the fix) This questions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by vivekkulshrestha, Nov 23, 2018.

1. XPS Reader Crashes When Attempting to Copy Text

XPS viewer crashes when I try to copy text from it.

Please let me know the fix

(Running system check and reinstalling is not the fix)

This questions seems to have been asked before by someone else but that thread was closed without a resolution.

:)

vivekkulshrestha, Nov 23, 2018

2. XPS Reader Crashes When Attempting to Copy Text

Since the October Fall Creator's Update the XPS Reader crashes when I try to copy selected text in an XPS document using Ctrl-C or right-click Copy.

This is happening on all 4 of my computers, not just one. Is this a known issue?
    XPS Reader Crashes When Attempting to Copy Text a25522ea-6d1d-4af8-b896-b2dc315efd8d.jpg

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers

Fuzzy John, Nov 23, 2018
  3. XPS Reader Crashes When Attempting to Copy Text

Patricia, I hope you start investigating this soon. Your reply is dated December 2, 2017 and it's now December 28, 2017 as I write this.

I'm having the same problem with the XPS viewer crashing when I try to copy text. I used to copy text from it all the time because I was saving my receipts for online purchases by printing them to XPS files and then copying information from the XPS files
    to my accounting software (Quicken).

Richard Ausili, Nov 23, 2018
  4. XPS Reader Crashes When Attempting to Copy Text

XPS Reader Crashes When Attempting to Copy Text

I am also receiving reports from clients indicating the same crash when copying text from an XPS viewer window. All workstations on Fall Creators with all current updates. Issue only began with the 1709 installation.

Christopher Kuleci, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

XPS Reader Crashes When Attempting to Copy Text

1. XPS Reader Crashes When Attempting to Copy Text - Similar Threads - XPS Reader Crashes

2. Failure when attempting to copy boot files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failure when attempting to copy boot files: Im trying to recover using advanced tool option. For the bcdboot command using c: was not working. When i checked My PC, i found Window folder in X drive. And so should i use X: instead of C: in the command in this way "bcdboot x:/windows /s w: /f USFI"...
  3. Failure when attempting to copy boot files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failure when attempting to copy boot files: Im trying to recover using advanced tool option. For the bcdboot command using c: was not working. When i checked My PC, i found Window folder in X drive. And so should i use X: instead of C: in the command in this way "bcdboot x:/windows /s w: /f USFI"...
  4. XPS 8930 card reader

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XPS 8930 card reader: I would like to know how I find out if the memory card reader on my XPS 8930 desk top will work with the type of memory card I have? I am a novice pc user so any help appreciated. Thank you in advance....
  5. XPS 8930 card reader

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XPS 8930 card reader: I would like to know how I find out if the memory card reader on my XPS 8930 desk top will work with the type of memory card I have? I am a novice pc user so any help appreciated. Thank you in advance....
  6. XPS 8930 card reader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows Explorer keeps crashing when attempting move or copy files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer keeps crashing when attempting move or copy files: Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: APPCRASHApplication Name: Explorer.EXEApplication Version: 10.0.19041.1110Application Timestamp: e86d289eFault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dllFault Module Version: 10.0.19041.1110Fault Module...
  8. File Explorer crashes when attempting to copy files from camera

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer crashes when attempting to copy files from camera: I have been trying to copy files from my digital camera but when I attempt to paste in a local folder, File Explorer crashes and refuses to allow me to make the transfer. This has happened several times recently over multiple days I have restarted the computer several times....
  9. Attempting to copy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Attempting to copy: I am NOT computer literate, so bear with me, explaining in elementary terms. This is a work computer, Windows 10. The night of July 29, my computer downloaded a huge update to the system. Yesterday, I read thru all the "new" things, and didn't change any settings (that I...
  10. Copying text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copying text: After I have selected (i.e., highlighted) text (in Word, emails, the internet) I wish to copy, when I right click to access the Copy function in the drop-down box the selection (i.e., highlighting) disappears before I can copy the text....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xps reader crashes

2. xps viewer crash when copying

3. xps viewer crashes when copying windows 10

4. xps viewer windows 10 crash after copy,
  5. copy text from xps,
  6. will xps viewer let me copy,
  7. xps viewer closes when copying text,
  8. cxps reader crashes Microsoft,
  9. xps reader crashes when copy paste