Windows 10: XPS Reader Crashes When Attempting to Copy Text

Discus and support XPS Reader Crashes When Attempting to Copy Text in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; XPS viewer crashes when I try to copy text from it. Please let me know the fix (Running system check and reinstalling is not the fix) This questions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by vivekkulshrestha, Nov 23, 2018.

1. XPS Reader Crashes When Attempting to Copy Text

XPS viewer crashes when I try to copy text from it.

Please let me know the fix

(Running system check and reinstalling is not the fix)

This questions seems to have been asked before by someone else but that thread was closed without a resolution.

:)

vivekkulshrestha, Nov 23, 2018

2. XPS Reader Crashes When Attempting to Copy Text

Since the October Fall Creator's Update the XPS Reader crashes when I try to copy selected text in an XPS document using Ctrl-C or right-click Copy.

This is happening on all 4 of my computers, not just one. Is this a known issue?
    XPS Reader Crashes When Attempting to Copy Text a25522ea-6d1d-4af8-b896-b2dc315efd8d.jpg

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers

Fuzzy John, Nov 23, 2018
  3. XPS Reader Crashes When Attempting to Copy Text

Patricia, I hope you start investigating this soon. Your reply is dated December 2, 2017 and it's now December 28, 2017 as I write this.

I'm having the same problem with the XPS viewer crashing when I try to copy text. I used to copy text from it all the time because I was saving my receipts for online purchases by printing them to XPS files and then copying information from the XPS files
    to my accounting software (Quicken).

Richard Ausili, Nov 23, 2018
  4. XPS Reader Crashes When Attempting to Copy Text

XPS Reader Crashes When Attempting to Copy Text

I am also receiving reports from clients indicating the same crash when copying text from an XPS viewer window. All workstations on Fall Creators with all current updates. Issue only began with the 1709 installation.

Christopher Kuleci, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

XPS Reader Crashes When Attempting to Copy Text

1. XPS Reader Crashes When Attempting to Copy Text - Similar Threads - XPS Reader Crashes

2. Copy explorer text

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy explorer text: I can copy file names to text wth the path method, without excel how do i convert the other columns to text like size, time etc? I have not seen a spreadsheet software on this laptop. It does not connect to the internet. Thanks all. 174086
  3. XPS 9310 crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    XPS 9310 crashing: Hi I have a new Dell XPS13 9310 and I've encountered 2 crashes over the past day. Not a BSOD per se as the computer just restarts, and I do not see a BSOD. The second occured when computer was on sleep, I do not recall the details of the first crash. The Windows event...
  4. Windows 10 crashing when attempting to install update

Windows 10 crashing when attempting to install update: Hello, everyone! I am trying to install updates through Windows 10's auto update feature. However, every time my laptop tried to install Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based systems KB4592438, it crashed, most frequently with a blue screen, once with a...
  5. Out Of Memory When Copying From USB Card Reader

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Out Of Memory When Copying From USB Card Reader: Win 10 Pro 1903 (18362.1082) Copying to a Hybrid drive with 400Gb space 12Gb Ram Transferring about 3Gb of video files from a card reader to the PC and the speed see-sawed between about 28Mb/sec and zero where it stayed for around 10 seconds before resuming again. This...
  6. Failure when attempting to copy boot files on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Failure when attempting to copy boot files on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you receive an error message – Failure when attempting to copy boot files, then this post may be able to help you fix the […] This article Failure when attempting to copy boot files on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. [BCDBOOT] Failure when attempting to copy boot files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [BCDBOOT] Failure when attempting to copy boot files: Hi, I'm trying to reinstall the Windows Bootloader from an installation media. I've mounted the EFI volume in G: and then I tried bcdboot C:\Windows /s G: /f UEFI but it gives the error in the title. I've searched a lot in the Internet, but the only solution is for a disk...
  8. Edge crashes when entering reader mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge crashes when entering reader mode: Hi, I have a Dell venue 8 pro that just updated to 1903. I waited for MS to push the update. Now, when I click reading view on any site, the browser tries to accommodate me, but reloads the page in standard view. I have tried to create a new local account and reinstall...
  9. Attempting to copy

Attempting to copy: I am NOT computer literate, so bear with me, explaining in elementary terms. This is a work computer, Windows 10. The night of July 29, my computer downloaded a huge update to the system. Yesterday, I read thru all the "new" things, and didn't change any settings (that I...
  10. Copying text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copying text: After I have selected (i.e., highlighted) text (in Word, emails, the internet) I wish to copy, when I right click to access the Copy function in the drop-down box the selection (i.e., highlighting) disappears before I can copy the text....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xps reader crashes

2. xps viewer crash when copying

3. xps viewer crashes when copying windows 10

4. xps viewer windows 10 crash after copy,
  5. copy text from xps,
  6. will xps viewer let me copy,
  7. xps viewer closes when copying text,
  8. cxps reader crashes Microsoft,
  9. xps reader crashes when copy paste