Windows 10: Xs appear on my screen after a programdownloads. Blocking wording and images. Causes a...

Discus and support Xs appear on my screen after a programdownloads. Blocking wording and images. Causes a... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; There are large Xs on my screen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rod 6, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Rod 6 Win User

Xs appear on my screen after a programdownloads. Blocking wording and images. Causes a...

There are large Xs on my screen.

:)

Rod 6, Jun 18, 2020
  2. aok2me Win User

Need Word Completion for Block Recognizer in WM6.5 for HTC HD2

I have an HD2 but the Block Recognizer is not available by default. I then found a way to go in the registry to turn it on. However, it does not have Word Completion. Is there a way to turn ON Word Completion for Block Recognizer in WM6.5 CE OS 5.2.21889
    (Build 21889.5.0.87)?

I tried this method below for WM6.1, but it does not work. First off, the there is not a Word Completion tab in WM6.5.

• After confirming that you have the box checked for "Suggest words when entering text" in the Word Completion tab found in Settings>Input.
    • Open up a new email or text message.
    • Go to the bottom of the screen and change your letter input method to Full QWERTY (using the down arrow next to the "pencil", "keyboard" , etc. icon).
    • In the bottom left hand corner of this Full QWERTY keyboard, just to the right of CAPS/shift button, is a button to toggle between T9 and ABC.
    • Click the button and make sure that T9 appears below ABC. Apparently the opposite appears as a default setting.
    • Switch back to Block Recognizer, Keyboard or Letter Recognizer and Word Completion should be active for you!

aok2me, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Widjaja Win User
    Image of browser burned into LCD screen help.

Searched around te net some more and come across a web page which suggests what my monitor has is LCD Image Retention where the crystals remember the image which in most cases can be corrected.

I followed instructions of creating one black image and one white image, placing them in a folder to create a screen saver which alternates between the two.

Left it over night, had a little look this morning and it appears the image retention is gone.
    Will update if it is all BS.

Widjaja, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Xs appear on my screen after a programdownloads. Blocking wording and images. Causes a...

Word Suggestion

Am struggling to get word suggestion to work on my recently purchased Nokia c2-01. On the c1-01 it gave a visual list of possibilities, eg "if", "he". Etc before a selection but on my c2-01 nothing appears on the screen despite word suggestion being toggled
    on. Any ideas out there.....I bought it for this featur.

Andrew

Andrewlysley, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Xs appear on my screen after a programdownloads. Blocking wording and images. Causes a...

1. Xs appear on my screen after a programdownloads. Blocking wording and images. Causes a... - Similar Threads - appear screen programdownloads

2. Annoying trail after words and images

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Annoying trail after words and images: I am getting a trail after words/icons/images on my computer, but it is not affecting my mouse. I saw someone else had this issue and they said to change your setting for the pointer, but doing so changed nothing. Im not sure what is causing this but it has been a huge...
  3. Annoying trail after words and images

in Windows 10 Customization
    Annoying trail after words and images: I am getting a trail after words/icons/images on my computer, but it is not affecting my mouse. I saw someone else had this issue and they said to change your setting for the pointer, but doing so changed nothing. Im not sure what is causing this but it has been a huge...
  4. Images that appear on lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Images that appear on lock screen: I think it would be very educational if people could be told the locations of the great images that appear, I see all these beautiful places and would like to know where they are.Perhaps there could be an icon to click on to identify the image....
  5. Block screen image is changed

Block screen image is changed: I select the image I want for my block screen but when I turn the computer on again it's been randomly changed for whatever I have been listening to in Groove. I cannot see a way to tell setting to stop doing it. It's getting on my nerves, frankly, Any clever ideas?...
  6. Images appearing as Grey Blocks/Not Showing Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Images appearing as Grey Blocks/Not Showing Thumbnails: https://imgur.com/RAVhZHq https://imgur.com/Be09axL https://imgur.com/mPOQTij So this is my problem, as you can see there are many images online and just on my PC in general that will not show pictures they way they're suppose to. I'm not sure how to fix this and...
  7. Images not appearing in word document after moving images folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Images not appearing in word document after moving images folder: I moved my images folder and documents all onto a harddrive and my imported images no longer appear on my documents. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/images-not-appearing-in-word-document-after-moving/b2c69a61-2e63-4666-9dbf-1bd74f6b369f
  8. Perzonalized images in block screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Perzonalized images in block screen?: I just got Win10 against my will, and among its many flaws and odd design choices i found that, despite saying the opposite, if you put a folder with your images as the default folder for the lock screen it just keeps showing the stock photos, how can i change this?...
  9. Screen blocks and a square appears at the top of the screen.

Screen blocks and a square appears at the top of the screen.: Good Morning. A few minutes after open de surface, the screen blocks and apears a square at te top fo de screen. What can i do stop this?[IMG]...
  10. Word blocked

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Word blocked: I am blocked out of using Word (365). If I try to access my files I am told I must sign in first. But the sign in box will not allow any typing. If by chance it does, it then tells me I must use Windows Hello to sign in. My renew is not due until January. What can possibly...