Windows 10: xusb21.sys driver is stuck on my computer

Discus and support xusb21.sys driver is stuck on my computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I now have windows 11 and core isolation won't turn on because of xusb21.sys driver for xbox 360 controllers. I followed methods to remove it through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Brandon Baker5, Jun 12, 2024.

1. xusb21.sys driver is stuck on my computer

I now have windows 11 and core isolation won't turn on because of xusb21.sys driver for xbox 360 controllers. I followed methods to remove it through cmd prompt and it worked, but originally it was showing 2 instances of the driver on my system being the issue. Now one of the instances are gone, but the other one still remains and cannot be found through command prompt or system information search.. How do I locate it and remove it to re-activate core isolation?

:)

Brandon Baker5, Jun 12, 2024

2. Core Isolation not possible because driver cannot be located

Open Command Prompt as Administrator.

Run the command:

• sc.exe qc xusb21
    In the output, if the BINARY_PATH_NAME reads xusb21.sys, then run this command to delete the driver:

• sc.exe delete xusb21
    Reboot if required. Then, delete the driver file xusb21.sys manually from C:\Windows\System32\Drivers.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jun 12, 2024
  3. Cybot Win User
    unable to enable memory integrity windows 10 PRO 2004

Here is a list of drivers used by my system as obtained by the driverquery command. its a fairrly long list so i had to upload it to my onedrive and post a link to it.

Microsoft OneDrive

STTUB30.SYS is not listed as being used, but XUSB21.SYS is. which is curious, as XUSB21.SYS is listed as being for the XBOX 360 Wireless controller, which a piece of hardware I do not own and has never been connected to this machine. I do have the wired
    version though, but that uses the driver XUSB22.SYS, not XUSB21.SYS. I will try cold booting the system with out the controller connected too see if it makes a difference. all attempts at manual removal of the offending drivers have failed. windows just restores
    the files on it's own. which makes me think that the drivers may be a part of the 'included with windows' drivers.

UPDATE:

cold booting with the controller unplugged did not change the situation. I even removed its entry from the device manager after selecting the 'show hidden devices' option.

Cybot, Jun 12, 2024
  4. xusb21.sys driver is stuck on my computer

xusb21 driver and Xbox game bar

Hello,

I removed the xusb21 driver that, being outdated, prevented me to turn on memory integrity. Now, Xbox game bar opens and then immediately closes, is this related to the fact that I deleted the said driver?

regards

christianesposto, Jun 12, 2024
Thema:

xusb21.sys driver is stuck on my computer

1. xusb21.sys driver is stuck on my computer - Similar Threads - xusb21 sys driver

2. xusb21.sys driver is stuck on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xusb21.sys driver is stuck on my computer: I now have windows 11 and core isolation won't turn on because of xusb21.sys driver for xbox 360 controllers. I followed methods to remove it through cmd prompt and it worked, but originally it was showing 2 instances of the driver on my system being the issue. Now one of the...
  3. Core isolation not possible because of xusb21.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Core isolation not possible because of xusb21.sys: I got this error when trying to enable core isolation and ive looked for this driver in cmd, device manager, and autoruns but it doesn't appear anywhere, so I don't know what to do....
  4. Core isolation not possible because of xusb21.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Core isolation not possible because of xusb21.sys: I got this error when trying to enable core isolation and ive looked for this driver in cmd, device manager, and autoruns but it doesn't appear anywhere, so I don't know what to do....
  5. Incompatible drivers HtcVComV64.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incompatible drivers HtcVComV64.sys: I can't turn on the Core Memory isolation setting due to the following incompatible drivers. In addition, not able to find any help regarding this particular driver. Though I can find the driver is sitting in system32 folder but hesitant to delete it directly....
  6. xusb21 driver and Xbox game bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xusb21 driver and Xbox game bar: Hello,I removed the xusb21 driver that, being outdated, prevented me to turn on memory integrity. Now, Xbox game bar opens and then immediately closes, is this related to the fact that I deleted the said driver?regards...
  7. xusb21 driver and Xbox game bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xusb21 driver and Xbox game bar: Hello,I removed the xusb21 driver that, being outdated, prevented me to turn on memory integrity. Now, Xbox game bar opens and then immediately closes, is this related to the fact that I deleted the said driver?regards...
  8. xusb21.sys? Cannot uninstall it. need system permission

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    xusb21.sys? Cannot uninstall it. need system permission: So I tried enabling memory integrity but for some reason, I have this incompatible driver called xusb21.sys. I took a closer look into this and I found a similar driver called xusb22.sys. These drivers were for my Xbox 360 controller. When I tried to delete xusb21.sys, my...
  9. BSOD L1C63x64.sys driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD L1C63x64.sys driver: Hi, I am getting BSODs and the error message it gives is: Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(L1C63x64.sys) I believe that is the Qualcomm Atheros Network driver, but mine is up to date to the last Windows8 compatible driver on the Atheros website. This leads me to believe...
  10. Driver IRQL_NOT_LESS....(bwcW10.64.sys)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Driver IRQL_NOT_LESS....(bwcW10.64.sys): I just did a completely fresh install to my computer today on a new ssd. I have been getting this BSOD error since I started it the first time. I have installed all the drivers but I think that one of them is causing the error since it says its a Driver IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xusb21.sys incompatible driver