Windows 10: XXX:\OneDrive\Desktop is unavailable error upon startup. Location is not available. Please help

Discus and support XXX:\OneDrive\Desktop is unavailable error upon startup. Location is not available. Please help in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I recently changed the default setup location of my OneDrive from then C drive to an external drive. I later changed my mind and unlinked the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AndrewGrey2, Mar 16, 2020.

1. XXX:\OneDrive\Desktop is unavailable error upon startup. Location is not available. Please help

Hi

I recently changed the default setup location of my OneDrive from then C drive to an external drive. I later changed my mind and unlinked the OneDrive account off the external drive and then deleted all the files from the external drive. My whenever I use the laptop without this external drive, I gety this error message. Does anyone know how to fix this? It's like my computer is thinking my account settings got shifted to the external drive, i.e. Pictures, Documents, Videos, Desktop. Thank you in advance for any help.

:)

AndrewGrey2, Mar 16, 2020

2. error message on startup

looking for a little help with an error message im getting on startup, after windows is fully loaded and im at desktop i get :

"smartbridge alerts: MotiveSB.exe - entry point not found. the procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL."

any ideas?

thnx

*Toast :toast:

intel igent, Mar 16, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 16, 2020
  4. HelenS2 Win User

XXX:\OneDrive\Desktop is unavailable error upon startup. Location is not available. Please help

Windows 10 Desktop Error message "Location is not available"

Hello

I have a PC with Windows 10 installed. I'm getting a flashing error message on my desktop and I am unable to navigate my computer:

"Location is not available

system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable. If the location is on a network, make sue you;re connected to the network or internet, and then try again. If the location still can't be found, it might have been moved or deleted."

Thank you in advance.

HelenS2, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

XXX:\OneDrive\Desktop is unavailable error upon startup. Location is not available. Please help

1. XXX:\OneDrive\Desktop is unavailable error upon startup. Location is not available. Please help - Similar Threads - XXX OneDriveDesktop unavailable

2. Showing this error on startup please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Showing this error on startup please help: Please help when we start windows it appears always done updating and use sfc/scannow nothing helps . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/showing-this-error-on-startup-please-help/e549ec9b-ba76-4c51-aea8-e9f24af07bed
  3. Showing this error on startup please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Showing this error on startup please help: Please help when we start windows it appears always done updating and use sfc/scannow nothing helps . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/showing-this-error-on-startup-please-help/e549ec9b-ba76-4c51-aea8-e9f24af07bed
  4. Error 3FO upon startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error 3FO upon startup: Hello, I am posting this to see if anyone else has this same problem or a solution. Sometimes, upon startup, my computer will come up with the error 3FO, boot device not found or no OS installed. After about 15-20 minutes of leaving my computer turned off I can turn it back...
  5. Location is not available error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Location is not available error: Could use some advice on this please. Some time ago I made a folder, which is subdivided into lots of other folders, where I keep all of my uni work. I noticed a while back that a duplicate folder (with lengthy code going something like DESKTOP-472H86F-DESKTOP... after the...
  6. window-10 popup Location is not available G:\ is unavailable

window-10 popup Location is not available G:\ is unavailable: Hi Support, I was using window-7 last few years and everything is working fine. now i have purchased new laptop with window-10 pro and sometime getting the error message when saving file in network drive. there is not any network issue because when i am saving any other...
  7. Location is unavailable

Location is unavailable: When I try to open something I get this "The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Thing i'm opening' refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is unavailable, and then try again". I'm not sure what made this...
  8. Location is not available error after windows 10 update, please help me to resolve it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Location is not available error after windows 10 update, please help me to resolve it.: Hi [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]I recently updated windows 10 after update im able to see only black screen with Recycle bin, I'm unable to access start button and also settings buttoon to roll back my windows update,tried Sfc scan ,reboot ( unable to boot), other solutions by...
  9. Location is not available error

in Windows 10 Support
    Location is not available error: So i was looking at stuff on the internet and found this picture i wanted to save to a file but the file just isn't there anymore but in the quick access i clicked on where it said the location was and got an error some help please? [img] 97025
  10. location is unavailable

in Windows 10 Support
    location is unavailable: hi. so everytime after i get a BSOD, or i do an emergency restart, or the pc gets turned off immediately, it gets this error message after booting: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is not accessable. Access is denied." i have no clue what...