Windows 10: Y-E DATA USB-FDU USB Device Not Working........

Discus and support Y-E DATA USB-FDU USB Device Not Working........ in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I plugged in my Y-E DATA USB-FDU USB Device, the machine turned on, then turned off. My system shows that the most current drivers are installed, and,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WishBoy14, Jun 1, 2020.

1. WishBoy14 Win User

Y-E DATA USB-FDU USB Device Not Working........

I plugged in my Y-E DATA USB-FDU USB Device, the machine turned on, then turned off. My system shows that the most current drivers are installed, and, shows up in my devices page - but - the A drive does not show up in my file explorer and does not turn on after the original plug in.

I can not access the info on the floppy, and have no way of opening any disks.

I noticed on this website, that this has been an ongoing problem - since as late as 2010 on some requests for help. I'm surprised the problem has not been resolved yet.

I did some of the suggestions listed on this website - including uninstalling, shutting down, and re-plugging it to the computer - but to no avail.

Why isn't the A drive working? Some of us out here still use the floppy disk for things. What can I do to make my computer Windows 10 accept, use, turn on, and open a floppy disk.

Oh, and by the way, I've tried this A Drive on two different computers - both of them do the same thing.

Help please. Thank you......

:)

WishBoy14, Jun 1, 2020
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

USB not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue could occur if the flash drive is damage or Windows USB root hub is not working as expected, you can try the troubleshooting steps below to further narrow down to the root cause of the issue.

1. May I know, if the USB is working on another computer?
    2. Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    3. Are you aware of any recent changes made on the computer?

I suggest you to check the article
    USB devices may stop functioning correctly when multiple devices connected to the same USB hub go
    into selective suspend
    , follow the steps on this article and check if this helps you.

If you don’t have any data concern, you can
    format the USB from disk manager
    (Applicable for Windows 10), check the topic
    To format an existing partition (volume) from the article, however you will have to perform this steps on your USB drive. So, make sure the USB is connected when you perform the format, please be careful to select the USB drive, if the steps
    is performed on wrong drive the data on the drive will be wiped.

If you still face the issue, please reply to this post with more information.

Regards,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jun 1, 2020
  3. USB Mass Storage device is an older USB device and moight not work with USB 3.0

Open Start > Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot

Scroll down

Click Hardware and Devices

Click Run the Troubleshooter

When complete, restart to see if the problem is resolved.

If that does not work...

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers

Right click the USB Mass Storage Device in the list

Click Uninstall

Restart then check if its detected and working.

Other things you can try:

Step 1. Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog

Step 2. Type regedit and press Enter

Step 3. Navigate to the following path:

HKEY_LOCAL_Machine > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Services > USB

Step 4. If the USB key does not exist into the list, then create a new key USB under Services. Now create a new DWORD value under the key that you’ve just created

Step 5. Keep the USB key selected and right-click on the blank space at the right pane

Step 6. Select New > DWORD value from the context menu

Step 7.Rename this newly created DWORD value as DisableSelectiveSuspend

Step 8. Right-click on DisableSelectiveSuspend and select Modify

Step 9. Put 1 in Value data field and then click OK

Step 10. Reboot your PC

Andre Da Costa, Jun 1, 2020
  4. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Y-E DATA USB-FDU USB Device Not Working........ - Similar Threads - DATA USB FDU

2. USB devices is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB devices is not working: Dear Sir, as my attached keyboard was not functioning well so i disable it permanently by applying device restriction after that i attached external keyboard and mouse that was initially attached with laptop that's why drivers was already installed of these USB devices. Now...
  3. USB data

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB data: Greetings! So I need to download Windows 10 to a USB drive what has at least 8gb of free space. Maybe this is a dumb question. Will the existing data on my USB drive be lost? Anyway, thanks for your answers! submitted by /u/Dovahkriid2 [link] [comments]...
  4. No usb devices are working

No usb devices are working: Hello! I installed a program for a Bluetooth driver update problem https://fr.drvhub.net/devices/bluetooth-devices/bluetooth/device-rfcomm-protocol-tdi and this program did updates on all devices and my USB devices stopped working. I turned my computer off and then turned it...
  5. USB device is not working

USB device is not working: help! my usb is not recognize in windows but device status says its working properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-device-is-not-working/437704ad-0f83-41d6-bc7f-7b95983bc59b
  6. USB Dive E:

USB Dive E:: USB Dive E: detected but media, not recognized in Windows 10. I have tried everything up to changing the drive letter and path. This happens for various devices. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-dive-e/bed783d0-8c1c-40c3-8476-d185952cd8ac
  7. USB device not working.

USB device not working.: Hello. I have had a USB Axiom 61 for a few years. It stopped working about a year ago, and i've never been able to get it back. I haven't seen this issue brought up yet, however, because when i plug it in, nothing happens. The screen on the keyboard turns on, but theres no...
  8. USB devices not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    USB devices not working: Hi! I have a windows 10 laptop with all the newest updates. Today, I plugged in my USB mouse, and it wouldn't work. The batteries are in, the red light is flashing, and the computer says that the device is plugged in and ready to use! I tried to use another mouse and the...
  9. USB Composite Device is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0

in Windows 10 News
    USB Composite Device is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0: [ATTACH] USB 3.0 was a major breakthrough in the data transfer market. Marked by blue-colored USB ports, the USB 3.0 provided users with speeds up to 10 times of USB 2.0 (5 GBPS) thanks to which large media files and programs [...] This post USB Composite Device is an older...
  10. USB devices not working

USB devices not working: Since my PC was updated to Windows 10 I have been having trouble with USB devices not working. It appears the drivers do not load or do not work. Example is my Saitek rudder pedals. They appear to be fully installed and appear in the device list but they do not work. I go...