Windows 10: "y" key is broken

Discus and support "y" key is broken in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My "y" key is bound to the cntrl key, and I need to copy paste to even type it out. Also I can't type shift+h, but everything else works fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GeorgeCheng1, Jan 15, 2020.

1. "y" key is broken

My "y" key is bound to the cntrl key, and I need to copy paste to even type it out. Also I can't type shift+h, but everything else works fine.

:)

GeorgeCheng1, Jan 15, 2020

2. After Windows 10 upgrade I find some new drive (Y"y" key is broken :) by name PBR Images appearing and then disappearing every now and then

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• What was the error message/code you were getting?
    • What happens when you try to open the new Y: drive?
    Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to check if you are able to view the new Y: drive and if there is any memory loss in the Disk Management.

Follow the below steps to check the disk partitions from the Disk Management:

• Right click on the Start button and select Disk Management option.
    • Check if you are able to view the new Y: drive and memory loss.
    If the issue persists then follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to run check disk on the hard drive to see if there are any corruptions.

Follow the below steps:

• Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press
      ENTER
      :
    chkdsk /f

Disclaimer: While performing check disk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found then check disk will try to repair that sector. Any data available on a bad sector might be lost.

Once Check Disk completes, boot the computer and then check.

If the issue still persists then, I suggest you to provide us the screenshot of the issue in order to assist you further.

Kindly refer to the following Wiki article created by Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP] on
    How to include a screenshot in your post.

How to include a screenshot in your post

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Pipps Win User
    Is my graphics card broken?

UPDATE: Please see here.

I have a Sapphire HD 4830.

When I boot into XP all is initially fine and I am able to see the desktop.

However, when I click on the start bar and navigate a few steps, I receive an immediate white screen of death and a total irrecoverable lock-up.

I am confused about what this could mean and I would be grateful for any suggestions on the best course of action to test and repair the problem.

Does this sort of issue suggest that the graphics card is irretrievably broken?

Pipps, Jan 15, 2020
  4. "y" key is broken

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

"y" key is broken

1. "y" key is broken - Similar Threads - key broken

2. I need help to reclaim key stuck in old broken motherboard.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I need help to reclaim key stuck in old broken motherboard.: Hi.I recently had a problem with my motherboard that required me to return it to the store and per warranty i was given a new one.I asked the customer support about the windows key there and they said i needed to report it to microsoft to detach the key from the old...
  3. I need help to reclaim key stuck in old broken motherboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help to reclaim key stuck in old broken motherboard.: Hi.I recently had a problem with my motherboard that required me to return it to the store and per warranty i was given a new one.I asked the customer support about the windows key there and they said i needed to report it to microsoft to detach the key from the old...
  4. I need help to reclaim key stuck in old broken motherboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how to use Windows key other laptop activation. my 1st ayaten is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to use Windows key other laptop activation. my 1st ayaten is broken: how to active windows other laptop my first system broken https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-windows-key-other-laptop-activation-my/55875083-b199-45ae-97e7-28027805e0bf
  6. how to use Windows key other laptop activation. my 1st ayaten is broken

how to use Windows key other laptop activation. my 1st ayaten is broken: how to active windows other laptop my first system broken https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-windows-key-other-laptop-activation-my/55875083-b199-45ae-97e7-28027805e0bf
  7. how to use Windows key other laptop activation. my 1st ayaten is broken

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. My FN key seems to be broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My FN key seems to be broken: So Im trying to restore an old laptop. I bought a new keyboard because the old one seemed broken and when I installed it, my 'k' key was printing a 6. I found out that the 'k' Key behaves like that when you press FN, but when I press it myself it prints k normally again. I...
  9. My FN key seems to be broken

My FN key seems to be broken: So Im trying to restore an old laptop. I bought a new keyboard because the old one seemed broken and when I installed it, my 'k' key was printing a 6. I found out that the 'k' Key behaves like that when you press FN, but when I press it myself it prints k normally again. I...
  10. My FN key seems to be broken

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware