Windows 10: 'Y:\ The Docfile is corrupted' - What is this message and how to fix?

Discus and support 'Y:\ The Docfile is corrupted' - What is this message and how to fix? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I boot my Win10 Home 64 desktop I get the message: 'Y:\ The Docfiles has been corrupted' It seems to be related to the installation of a WD Home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jecook, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Jecook Win User

'Y:\ The Docfile is corrupted' - What is this message and how to fix?

When I boot my Win10 Home 64 desktop I get the message:

'Y:\
    The Docfiles has been corrupted'

It seems to be related to the installation of a WD Home Duo NAS drive on my network and the WD Discovery application used to access the NAS drive.

The only fix I seem to find is related to 'Recent Folders' however I am not sure how this relates to my Y:\ NAS drive and I don't know what the 'docfile' is.

Before I attempt any fix I would like to understand what the real problem is and whether the cause is a Windows issue or something to do with the WD Discovery software.

I would appreciate some help and advice before applying [what appears to be] the standard fix which appears to be 'del %appdata%\microsoft\windows\recent\automaticdestinations\*'

Many thanks

:)

Jecook, Jun 2, 2019

2. Windows 10 Quick Access "The docfile has been corrupted"

Adding new entry's into the quick access bar results in failure with error message "the docfile has been corrupted'

any registry tricks to fix this? i've already tried 0'ing out the registry entry ...\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Ribbon

JoseCuervoSR, Jun 2, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jun 2, 2019
  4. 'Y:\ The Docfile is corrupted' - What is this message and how to fix?

Quck Access bar is not working. Error "The docfile has been corrupted."

Original Title: Quck Access bar is not working.

The following error occurs when I pin any shortcut to Quick Access : "The docfile has been corrupted."

Priyam Bhatt, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

'Y:\ The Docfile is corrupted' - What is this message and how to fix?

1. 'Y:\ The Docfile is corrupted' - What is this message and how to fix? - Similar Threads - Docfile corrupted' message

2. How do you fix corrupt files?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do you fix corrupt files?: I ran a Sfc scan in command prompt and it says 'Windows Resourse Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix them' how do i fix the files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-fix-corrupt-files/72fe6d77-207b-458d-8aff-594a96697bd0
  3. Corrupt disk message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupt disk message: How do I repair a corrupt drive? The instructions I found on line were apparently for an older version of Windows. Can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/corrupt-disk-message/937e4ab4-59b5-4fd8-9e6a-d168f2bd8ae5
  4. Notification: Can't install updates. Select this message to fix. What?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Notification: Can't install updates. Select this message to fix. What?: Windows shows Can't install updates. Select this message to fix. Is there a way to figure out what Windows will be fixing should I decide to 'fix' it? Thanks. = [img] = 25537
  5. What else can I do to fix the corrupt files?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What else can I do to fix the corrupt files?: I ran "sfc /scannow", and it said "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them". I ran "DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth", and it said "No component store corruption detected". I ran "CHKDSK C:", and it said "Windows has scanned...
  6. Fixing Corrupt Files?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fixing Corrupt Files?: I ran the sfc /scannow command from the command prompt to attempt to do some general maintenance. here is what I see after the scan. Code: Beginning system scan. This process will take some time. Beginning verification phase of system scan. Verification 100% complete....
  7. fix corrupt files

in Windows 10 Support
    fix corrupt files: I apparently got one or some corrupted files during last update... Computer Win 7 Pro works fine but sfc/scannow etc including install repair wont fix.... will Windows 10 install fix these?? thanks toim 4907
  8. What is this Certificate Warning and How to Fix It?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is this Certificate Warning and How to Fix It?: I've started getting this Event 64 certificate warning: [img] I tracked down the thumbprint of the offending certificate which is this one: [img] Can someone please advise what this certificate relates to and what I should do to fix the issue since I've never seen...
  9. how to fix warning message on dism log?

in Windows 10 Support
    how to fix warning message on dism log?: hi , to be quick. here some sample: 2015-09-25 05:10:49, Warning DISM DISM Provider Store: PID=2096 TID=4700 Failed to Load the provider: C:\Users\BAYUST~1\AppData\Local\Temp\9F7181ED-2803-42FA-A84C-DF0C2B40864F\PEProvider.dll. -...
  10. How To Fix Corrupted Svchost.exe File?

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Fix Corrupted Svchost.exe File?: How to fix a corrupted Svchost.exe File? I think it may be flawed.. the host text file reads as clean 77857