Windows 10: Y700 Realtek Microphone Quality

Discus and support Y700 Realtek Microphone Quality in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, I just registered coz it seems like you guys know some things that I do not. Simple as that - my microphone quality (doesnt matter the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by moonlight, Sep 14, 2017.

1. moonlight Win User

Y700 Realtek Microphone Quality

Hi there,

I just registered coz it seems like you guys know some things that I do not. Simple as that - my microphone quality (doesnt matter the headphones, hyperx cloud, steelseries, all the same) with realtek drivers on my lenovo y700 with W10 sounds like the old cassettes. Mine sounds like Kingston HyperX Cloud II Microphone Test - YouTube , but it should like a HyperX Cloud Headset Review + Mikro Test! (GERMAN) - YouTube . If I uninstall realtek driver - my mic quality is really fine, but without it I don't have a dolby audio, which is pretty good for sound overall. I tried to turn off all the mic effects, but then it records only left channel or something like that.

Is there a solution to this?

:)

moonlight, Sep 14, 2017
  2. hawkesy27 Win User

Microphone not working with windows 10

my headset with a microphone has a poor sound quality and my mic Is very quiet I'm running windows 10 and use realtek HD audio

hawkesy27, Sep 14, 2017
  3. SmoothJax Win User
    Microphone doesn't work in Windows 10

Original Title: My microphone doesn't work. I messed up.

So, I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 and I bought a new headset to go with it. I've been using it for Skype and anything that needs a microphone and it was all fine, my only problem was it was too quiet.

So naturally I went into the Recording devices window to see if I could change the settings on my microphone and I set the microphone to 100% volume and gave it 10db of gain and it was at a level I was happy with but it had a hiss. So I turned on the Noise
    Suppression enhancement provided by Realtek and went to the quality settings and tried to raise the quality up to "16 bit, 96000 Hz (Studio Quality)" and when I did it said my device didn't support that quality setting. Naturally I tried to set it back to
    DVD Quality where it was at before but the properties window stopped responding. I gave it a minute and once it started working again it popped a window out that said that wasn't supported either.

After that the Sound window always hitches, Audacity crashes upon startup, and Skype stops responding when I try and set my headset as the default microphone. The microphone doesn't seem to receive any sound. Either that or it's so quiet it's inaudible.
    I tried the microphone jack in the back of my computer and it worked fine, with the enhancements on and the same settings except I never set it above DVD Quality.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SmoothJax, Sep 14, 2017
  4. fireberd Win User

There have been other posts with same problem. From what I remember the "fix" was to use a different sound card or USB sound card. I have Realtek on my desktop but no mic so I can't try it or troubleshoot with mine.

fireberd, Sep 14, 2017
  5. moonlight Win User
    Thanks, you are right. I tried the cheapest one from Alie and guess what, mic sounds good. Not really a fix, but good workaround.

moonlight, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Y700 Realtek Microphone Quality - Similar Threads - Y700 Realtek Microphone

2. Realtek Microphone Array?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Microphone Array?: Okay, so. I'm using an Acer Nitro 5, specific model AN515-55. I'm trying to only use my headset's microphone, but there's no option. Only the Microphone Array, which I'd rather not use, alongside my headset being detected as headphones. The only option to change things around...
  3. Realtek Microphone

Realtek Microphone: My Realtek microphone is causing sporadic brief interrupts when I am speaking. Is there any setting that I can adjust? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-microphone/c062790c-d1d2-4d58-b13a-d686f7da33e0
  4. RealTek Microphone

RealTek Microphone: Hi, I have a serious issue with the Microphone. When I plug in headphones or earphones, the microphone works and detects everything. But when I have not plugged in anything, i.e. my PC's inbuilt mic, the microphone doesn't work in any app except for the camera app. Windows...
  5. Poor microphone quality

Poor microphone quality: My laptop automatically performed a system update on June 4, 2020. Ever since, my microphone quality, as reported by others, is very poor. This issue occurs for both the integrated microphone in my laptop as well as for the microphone in an external headset. I am using...
  6. Microphone not recognised by Realtek

Microphone not recognised by Realtek: I recently acquired a headset, but cannot get the mic to work. I have tested it in another device, and the mic works fine. I have tested other headsets on mh laptop, but to no avail I have a single headset jack on my laptop, and am running Realtek HD Audio drivers in...
  7. Microphone Sound Quality

Microphone Sound Quality: Hi, how do you make your microphone quality sound better? With that unknown noise like scratch sound or whatever. Because I am having bad mic quality in my headset. Help, please. Thank you...
  8. Bad microphone quality

Bad microphone quality: Hello, I've just updated to the latest version of windows (1903) and now my microphone is sounding really bad. It was crystal clear before I updated and I don't know what I can do to fix this. Help would be appreciated....
  9. Realtek Microphone Driver.

Realtek Microphone Driver.: I have been looking for months for a microphone and had just purchased one recently and the thing has not cooperated with me one bit. I have set it to default device and still the problem persists. I suspect that it is a problem with the drive because the microphone is new...
  10. No stereo quality option for microphone in realtek drop down

No stereo quality option for microphone in realtek drop down: Hi, I use an ACER ASPIRE 4736Z laptop running on windows 10 32 bit OS.I have tried many versions of realtek and updated all my audio drivers but still i don't get the option studio quality for the microphone settings in realtek audio manager.Instead i get only CD and DVD...