Windows 10: Yahoo browser taken over the edge browser

Discus and support Yahoo browser taken over the edge browser in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Yahoo browser taken over the edge browser and I can't get rid of it?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by shaunwade, Jul 30, 2021.

1. shaunwade Win User

Yahoo browser taken over the edge browser

Yahoo browser taken over the edge browser and I can't get rid of it?

:)

shaunwade, Jul 30, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

Can't Access Yahoo Mail using Edge Browser

Yahoo works fine in Edge for me, so it should be possible.

What does Winver show for your version and build number? There have been problems with some builds where MS's browsers (both Edge and IE) have not been recognised as compatible by some sites, Yahoo in particular. I had a similar problem in IE with the early builds of the Anniversary Update.

Yahoo says IE11 is an 'unsupported browser' since Anniversary Update

Subsequent updates fixed this problem, but until then there was a workaround. It was to un-tick 'Use Microsoft Compatibility List'. As I said the version of Edge in version 1607, OS build 14393.693 works with Yahoo Mail. If you have a different version/build you could try turning off 'Use Microsoft Compatibility List'. To do this you need to get to Edge's Developer settings. Type about:flags in its address box.

3. caxtin Win User
    Yahoo Mail Search Functions Fails In Microsoft Edge Browser

When I search my Yahoo mail, opened in Microsoft Edge, it gives me error:

An error occurred while trying to fetch the items in this list. Retry

Search works okay when Yahoo Mail is opened in other browser.
    Why so? I just switched to Edge and I noticed this.

Thanks.

caxtin, Jul 30, 2021
  4. Yahoo browser taken over the edge browser

Edge browser is not working!!!!

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try restarting Microsoft Edge Browser and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Open task manager right click on Microsoft Edge and go to details click on microsoftedgeCP.exe and click end task

• Restart your Computer and check if it helps.

• Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

Yahoo browser taken over the edge browser

1. Yahoo browser taken over the edge browser - Similar Threads - Yahoo browser taken

2. How to Remove Yahoo from Hijacking Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Remove Yahoo from Hijacking Edge Browser: I see the above question frequently and want to share what worked for me. Somehow my kid installed something called "Wavebrowser." I went to Add/Remove and uninstalled Wavebrowser also immediately restarted Windows just in case it would help and the "Yahoo Hijacking Microsoft...
  3. How to Remove Yahoo from Hijacking Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Remove Yahoo from Hijacking Edge Browser: I see the above question frequently and want to share what worked for me. Somehow my kid installed something called "Wavebrowser." I went to Add/Remove and uninstalled Wavebrowser also immediately restarted Windows just in case it would help and the "Yahoo Hijacking Microsoft...
  4. How to Remove Yahoo from Hijacking Edge Browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Edge browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge browser: In comparison with other browsers like chrome, firefox...your browser is very very slow. Interestingly its fine on android but on pcs literally testing patience. Tested clearing browsing history....still no luck. Why should I use it at all...
  6. Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Browser: I only have edge browser on my laptops and recently updated to the new chromium version which I think is really good however each time I re-start my laptops it reverts back to the old edge as my default browser, which I can't understand as I have it set as default but always...
  7. Yahoo browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Yahoo browser: Hi, I am having a problem with my Google browser. Yahoo browser keeps coming on and I do not use Yahoo. It pops up when I turn my laptop on. Does anyone know how to get this off my computer?...
  8. Can't Access Yahoo Mail using Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Can't Access Yahoo Mail using Edge Browser: Ever since I've been using Edge, I'm never able to get into my Yahoo mail. Instead, I get a message, "Please reload the page and try again or use another browser". Reloading doesn't help. I have other browsers I can use, but if I'm already using Edge, it would be more...
  9. Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser: I have been playing around with the Edge Browser having removed IE 11. I have found that if you bring the web page up you want like Face Book (social) Outlook.com (mail) Youtube (Entertainment) Google (Browser) Right click and add them to the Favourites Bar, They...
  10. Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser: How do I download & install the Edge Browser? 5765