Windows 10: Yahoo invasion in Chrome

Discus and support Yahoo invasion in Chrome in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I feel certain it cam from some other program I install without paying attention, but I now have a problem in Chrome. Every time I open the program it... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jshaw42, Sep 8, 2016.

1. jshaw42 Win User

Yahoo invasion in Chrome

I feel certain it cam from some other program I install without paying attention, but I now have a problem in Chrome. Every time I open the program it goes to my home page as it should. However, for some reason it automatically opens a second tab for Yahoo Search. I do not want nor do I use Yahoo Search and would like to remove this annoyance. Any thoughts?

:)

jshaw42, Sep 8, 2016
  2. B.Berman Win User

How to remove yahoo on windows 10

Yahoo is an invasive search page. No matter what I do in "Settings" I end of getting the Yahoo Search page as a New Tab or start-up page. I am running Chrome now, one of the steps I have taken to try and rid myself of mysterious advertising windows,
    Yahoo search, and absense of apps that may compete with Microsoft apps.

B.Berman, Sep 8, 2016
  3. How to remove yahoo on windows 10

I believe they are trying to remove yahoo as default search engine.

I need to do this also.

I like bing but mistakenly have set my comp for yahoo whilst downloading chrome.

I no longer need chrome as a browser but bing/edge now run yahoo as search engine. I get re-directed from bing to yahoo even after chrome has been uninstalled.

i need to remove yahoo as the default search engine.

i presume the other people wanted to set google as default search engine by removing bing and yahoo as default search engines.

Funky Buddha, Sep 8, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

Yahoo invasion in Chrome

Go to Chrome Settings / On startup / Open a specific set of pages / Set pages. I bet yu have Yahoo set there. If so, just delete it.

Steve C, Sep 9, 2016
  5. jshaw42 Win User
    Actually, I thought of that and Yahoo has been removed there. This is something different.

jshaw42, Sep 9, 2016
  6. Steve C Win User
    Some more ideas:
    • Check for any Chrome extensions causing the problem.
    • Try setting Chrome to defaults if you haven't done this.
    • Search the Registry for instances of "Yahoo" and try and work out what is loading it.
    • Install Autoruns and search for Yahoo to see if anything is loading it.

Steve C, Sep 10, 2016
  7. jshaw42 Win User
    Found it!!!! In settings under "on start up" it showed two tabs one was my homepage the other was Yahoo. I deleted Yahoo. Problem solved. Thanks for everyone's patience.

jshaw42, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Yahoo invasion in Chrome

1. Yahoo invasion in Chrome - Similar Threads - Yahoo invasion Chrome

2. invasive MS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    invasive MS: When I open my Windows laptop Bing shows up. I never use Bing. I did when it first came out & it just didn't compete with Google. I don't want to use Bing & I want MS to stop pushing MS on me. I've used Mac Books & I am tempted to buy one just to be able to use the features I...
  3. yahoo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    yahoo: I deleted yahoo in manage search engines area but when i search on google MR YAHOO opens up again how can i correct this i only want goggle THANK YOU TIMMY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo/52780ced-6519-45cc-a987-34c075a46875
  4. Duck Duck Go and Tor versus Google Chrome and Yahoo

in Browsers and Email
    Duck Duck Go and Tor versus Google Chrome and Yahoo: I try to clear the cookies, search engines and the search history from my laptop every week, sometimes every two weeks. Generally, I use Google Chrome as my browser and Yahoo as my search engine. I have an email address with yahoo and I like their start page with the...
  5. YAHOO

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    YAHOO: HOW CAN I CLEAR YAHOO FROM MY BROWSER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/yahoo/bf754846-8810-4d1d-8173-95ba96384f57
  6. Chrome assigned as default email? Using Yahoo Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome assigned as default email? Using Yahoo Mail: Novice here. Completely confused btw. Chrome is assigned as default email for W10. Actually using Yahoo Mail on AT&T Web browser. The to the point problem is that I am trying to send a zip file(containing photos) via Yahoo email and I cannot get it to attach to email...
  7. Invasive Game Overlay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invasive Game Overlay: With the recent anniversary patch the XBox Game Overlay pops up now whenever I play some games that have nothing to do with Microsoft. I find this kind of thing extremely annoying, I didn't ask for this and don't want this overlay running on my PC. From what I can see,...
  8. Yahoo Mess. and Yahoo email

in Browsers and Email
    Yahoo Mess. and Yahoo email: I have lost both of these. I have chatted with them and they say its good to computer and they have giving me a new code and also a temp password but it still come with error that says no internet connection or when I put in temp password it says they don't match (password...
  9. Unrequested Chrome Popup - Is it a phishing attempt when using Yahoo?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unrequested Chrome Popup - Is it a phishing attempt when using Yahoo?: I believed I had a good version of Chrome I obtained with the help of Forum members. I have had 3 attempts now by a page purporting to be a request to update Chrome. Each time I instinctively click on it - then have second thoughts since I did not request it. and it wants to...
  10. Windows 10 Installation Files Invasion

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Installation Files Invasion: Hi there, Wonder if someone can help me here. I installed W10 didn't like it (I won't bore you with the details) then re-installed W7. Since then I have installed all updates to W7, removed the kb3035583 update and have hidden the "Upgrade to Windows 10" Windows update...