Windows 10: Yahoo invasion in Chrome

Discus and support Yahoo invasion in Chrome in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I feel certain it cam from some other program I install without paying attention, but I now have a problem in Chrome. Every time I open the program it... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jshaw42, Sep 8, 2016.

1. jshaw42 Win User

Yahoo invasion in Chrome

I feel certain it cam from some other program I install without paying attention, but I now have a problem in Chrome. Every time I open the program it goes to my home page as it should. However, for some reason it automatically opens a second tab for Yahoo Search. I do not want nor do I use Yahoo Search and would like to remove this annoyance. Any thoughts?

:)

jshaw42, Sep 8, 2016
  2. B.Berman Win User

How to remove yahoo on windows 10

Yahoo is an invasive search page. No matter what I do in "Settings" I end of getting the Yahoo Search page as a New Tab or start-up page. I am running Chrome now, one of the steps I have taken to try and rid myself of mysterious advertising windows,
    Yahoo search, and absense of apps that may compete with Microsoft apps.

B.Berman, Sep 8, 2016
  3. How to remove yahoo on windows 10

I believe they are trying to remove yahoo as default search engine.

I need to do this also.

I like bing but mistakenly have set my comp for yahoo whilst downloading chrome.

I no longer need chrome as a browser but bing/edge now run yahoo as search engine. I get re-directed from bing to yahoo even after chrome has been uninstalled.

i need to remove yahoo as the default search engine.

i presume the other people wanted to set google as default search engine by removing bing and yahoo as default search engines.

Funky Buddha, Sep 8, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

Yahoo invasion in Chrome

Go to Chrome Settings / On startup / Open a specific set of pages / Set pages. I bet yu have Yahoo set there. If so, just delete it.

Steve C, Sep 9, 2016
  5. jshaw42 Win User
    Actually, I thought of that and Yahoo has been removed there. This is something different.

jshaw42, Sep 9, 2016
  6. Steve C Win User
    Some more ideas:
    • Check for any Chrome extensions causing the problem.
    • Try setting Chrome to defaults if you haven't done this.
    • Search the Registry for instances of "Yahoo" and try and work out what is loading it.
    • Install Autoruns and search for Yahoo to see if anything is loading it.

Steve C, Sep 10, 2016
  7. jshaw42 Win User
    Found it!!!! In settings under "on start up" it showed two tabs one was my homepage the other was Yahoo. I deleted Yahoo. Problem solved. Thanks for everyone's patience.

jshaw42, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Yahoo invasion in Chrome

1. Yahoo invasion in Chrome - Similar Threads - Yahoo invasion Chrome

2. "INVASION" update:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "INVASION" update:: So, just to update my last post- An hour ago, Windows/Microsoft WENT INTO MY COMPUTER, Shut down the date I entered to have my updates done, which was Feb. 14, 2024, which I have documented, and FORCE FED their GD update into MY COMPUTER- DESTROYING my recording session, and...
  3. "INVASION" update:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "INVASION" update:: So, just to update my last post- An hour ago, Windows/Microsoft WENT INTO MY COMPUTER, Shut down the date I entered to have my updates done, which was Feb. 14, 2024, which I have documented, and FORCE FED their GD update into MY COMPUTER- DESTROYING my recording session, and...
  4. "INVASION" update:

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Repetitive "add Yahoo to Chrome"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Repetitive "add Yahoo to Chrome": The last few days when I open Yahoo, there's a banner across the bottom telling me I need to upgrade or update current extension or loose it. I did that but I keep getting that banner even though I did what was required the first time it showed up. If I try doing it again, my...
  6. Repetitive "add Yahoo to Chrome"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repetitive "add Yahoo to Chrome": The last few days when I open Yahoo, there's a banner across the bottom telling me I need to upgrade or update current extension or loose it. I did that but I keep getting that banner even though I did what was required the first time it showed up. If I try doing it again, my...
  7. Repetitive "add Yahoo to Chrome"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Google Chrome Turns iNto Yahoo

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google Chrome Turns iNto Yahoo: I read that I could have malware if my google chrome browser keeps turning into yahoo? if so how can I get everything back to normal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/google-chrome-turns-into-yahoo/18d58530-092f-4a20-aa51-1e45dc7f5604
  9. Can't sign into yahoo email on Chrome.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't sign into yahoo email on Chrome.: I keep getting a message that says "An error occurred while processing your request" with this code #97.ad472317.1616952245.901570e Does anyone know how to fix this? I can get in on Microsoft Edge. I ran a scan using malwarebytes, and it's ok....
  10. invasive MS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    invasive MS: When I open my Windows laptop Bing shows up. I never use Bing. I did when it first came out & it just didn't compete with Google. I don't want to use Bing & I want MS to stop pushing MS on me. I've used Mac Books & I am tempted to buy one just to be able to use the features I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. yahoo mail chrome privacy error mac