Windows 10: Yahoo mail classic interface IE11 Windows 10 1607

Discus and support Yahoo mail classic interface IE11 Windows 10 1607 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello! Yesterday I found some spare time and I decided to upgrade my Windows 10 1151 TH2 (build 10586) to the new Windows 10 1607 Anniversary... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by spapakons, Sep 7, 2016.

1. spapakons Win User

Yahoo mail classic interface IE11 Windows 10 1607

Hello!

Yesterday I found some spare time and I decided to upgrade my Windows 10 1151 TH2 (build 10586) to the new Windows 10 1607 Anniversary Edition. After the upgrade was complete, I loaded IE 11 as usual and browsed to mail.yahoo.gr to read my e-mail. I then saw the "classic" Yahoo interface and a warning message at the top of the page stating that I see that because my browser is not supported and I should download and install another browser! This is exactly what one sees when opening Yahoo mail from a browser such as IE 8, with the important exception I was using IE 11! Immediately I thought I had some compatibility setting for Yahoo screwing the modern interface and resorting to the classic. I opened the Compatibility View, there was nothing on the list, until I noticed a check box in "Use Microsoft Compatibility lists". I tried to uncheck it and reload Yahoo mail, that was it! Now Yahoo Mail appears in the modern interface as it should! So if you experience similar symptoms in a webpage, try unchecking that box, see photo below:

Yahoo mail classic interface IE11 Windows 10 1607 [​IMG]

When I have more time and examine the new features or bugs of Windows 10 Anniversary Edition, I'll post again!

:)

spapakons, Sep 7, 2016
  2. corkierum Win User

Folder does not appear in Windows 10 mail app

Why did the windows 10 mail interface delete all of the e-mails I saved in folders. Yahoo mail account -- folders populated in yahoo -- empty in windows 10. They were there last week

Original title: Yahoo mail interface with Windows 10 mail app -- all my folders are empty

corkierum, Sep 7, 2016
  3. My interface for yahoo mail changed

You may be getting the classic version of Yahoo Mail because Compatibility View is telling the site you're running an older version of Internet Explorer.

From IE> Tools (or Alt + t)> Compatibility View Settings, verify that the site is not in the list, that "Use Microsoft compatibility lists" is unchecked and that "Display Intranet Sites in Compatibility View" is unchecked.

Don

Don Varnau, Sep 7, 2016
Thema:

Yahoo mail classic interface IE11 Windows 10 1607

1. Yahoo mail classic interface IE11 Windows 10 1607 - Similar Threads - Yahoo mail classic

2. Yahoo Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yahoo Mail: i have been using a contact list for months in Yahoo mail, now i can't email to it. I can edit it but won't pull up if i put under BC. I can email directly from the contact list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-mail/0fd70908-ca79-413c-970f-a10ebcca79ab
  3. Yahoo mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yahoo mail: Hello I have a windows server 2109 with active directory I want to prevent user to access there personal mail account using gpo I can do this for Gmail but I want to do this for Yahoo and other mail's servers so did it possible to do in gpo that Yahoo user can't login with...
  4. Yahoo mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Yahoo mail: Hello I have a windows server 2109 with active directory I want to prevent user to access there personal mail account using gpo I can do this for Gmail but I want to do this for Yahoo and other mail's servers so did it possible to do in gpo that Yahoo user can't login with...
  5. Yahoo mail

Yahoo mail: When i try to update my out of date yahoo settings, i end up with a message ' something went wrong. We're sorry but we weren't able to do that .Error code Ox8019019aAny ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-mail/5d276c33-f3ee-422f-8dca-fb4bb7bd269d
  6. yahoo mail

yahoo mail: Just got a notice to update my yahoo email account. Why is my yahoo mail requiring access to my contacts, email sent and email received? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-mail/8019ffb2-d4ac-4700-bd9d-06bd5cad0c21
  7. Yahoo Mail

Yahoo Mail: I use Yahoo Mail and I really like it. I had some issues, and re-installed Windows 10. During the start up . . . It asks you what browser, you want to run it with. All the browser were listed, along with basic mail. So, I thought, what the heck, so I picked basic mail....
  8. Yahoo mail

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Yahoo mail: Yahoo says it doesn't recognize my email address. I have used same address for years and it was saved. I could get into my mail yesterday. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-mail/9684fc29-0371-4d62-bd93-ae9f896f7bfe"
  9. how do i get back to yahoo mail classic

how do i get back to yahoo mail classic: how do I get back to yahoo mail classic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-get-back-to-yahoo-mail-classic/ed4c32ce-c3df-42e1-8937-06fabdfb7913
  10. Yahoo mail

in Browsers and Email
    Yahoo mail: I can't delete old email. Can't check the box to delete it just opens it. How do I get this back to working rite. Thanks Ben 100832