Windows 10: Yahoo mail new mail notification sound

Discus and support Yahoo mail new mail notification sound in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using Yahoo mail on my desktop PC Windows 10. I have a back up email with Mozilla Thunderbird. On Thunderbird, when I receive a new message, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HaroldBrockley, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Yahoo mail new mail notification sound

I am using Yahoo mail on my desktop PC Windows 10. I have a back up email with Mozilla Thunderbird. On Thunderbird, when I receive a new message, it plays You've got some mail, singing.I have tried to put this on Yahoo, without success. I have opened Settings > More Settings > Notifications, and switched on notifications, but I don't receive any sound. I access Yahoo via my Sky account. I tried uninstalling Thunderbird, but still no sound on Yahoo.

:)

HaroldBrockley, Jun 25, 2021
  2. makhan10 Win User

yahoo mail notification in new edge

i am getting this annoying yahoo mail notification whenever i open yahoo mail in new edge

is there any way to remove this

Yahoo mail new mail notification sound [​IMG]

makhan10, Jun 25, 2021
  3. Nailezs Win User
    Are you getting TPU Forum mails to Yahoo?

i've stopped recieving the e-mail notifications using yahoo, is anyone else having the same problem?
    i have checked my user cp and the settings are correct...
    w1zzard is yahoo being a douche again?

EDIT: after all day 1 finally got thru, i think yahoo is being a douche

Nailezs, Jun 25, 2021
  4. stevehero Win User

Yahoo mail new mail notification sound

error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App

I went this route and added passwords for yahoo mail. I might try this method above to get gmail to buck up! *Tongue

@Bastet, this is probably what you were referring to the whole time.

YAHOO MAIL FIX
    2FA needs to be enabled which it already was and just follow these steps below.

1. In yahoo mails account security, click on manage app passwords.

2. After selecting other app and entering the new app name in the text box

3. Now, in Windows 10 mail app, add this type of account.

4. In Windows 10 mail app, enter your details and the password generated by step 2.

Fully functional mail app again.

GMAIL FIX

Now similar steps to setting up Gmail. Here I'll only go through the Gmail steps as Windows Mail App setup is the exact same.

Follow this jpeg below, all steps are merged as there's a 5 attachment limit.

- - - Updated - - -

I've edited it to show the solution for Gmail also.

stevehero, Jun 25, 2021
Thema:

Yahoo mail new mail notification sound

1. Yahoo mail new mail notification sound - Similar Threads - Yahoo mail mail

2. No new mail notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No new mail notifications: Hi, i am not getting any new mail notifications either the badge on the icon or in the notification centre or even a banner but however i do get all those notifications when i open the mail app bit late though lol, i am using windows 11, and all the appropriate settins are...
  3. No new mail notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No new mail notifications: Hi, i am not getting any new mail notifications either the badge on the icon or in the notification centre or even a banner but however i do get all those notifications when i open the mail app bit late though lol, i am using windows 11, and all the appropriate settins are...
  4. yahoo mail notification in new edge

in Browsers and Email
    yahoo mail notification in new edge: i am getting this annoying yahoo mail notification whenever i open yahoo mail in new edge is there any way to remove this [img] 156190
  5. NO SOUND IN MAIL NOTIFICATION

NO SOUND IN MAIL NOTIFICATION: I believe that I have every setting checked in the proper places in Settings. I do receive a banner from the Notification Center, but no sound. I have a sound set up in Sound Control Panel>Sounds in both "Desktop Mail Notification" and "New Mail Notification" and both sounds...
  6. yahoo mail

yahoo mail: Just got a notice to update my yahoo email account. Why is my yahoo mail requiring access to my contacts, email sent and email received? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-mail/8019ffb2-d4ac-4700-bd9d-06bd5cad0c21
  7. Yahoo Mail

Yahoo Mail: I use Yahoo Mail and I really like it. I had some issues, and re-installed Windows 10. During the start up . . . It asks you what browser, you want to run it with. All the browser were listed, along with basic mail. So, I thought, what the heck, so I picked basic mail....
  8. Yahoo mail

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Yahoo mail: Yahoo says it doesn't recognize my email address. I have used same address for years and it was saved. I could get into my mail yesterday. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-mail/9684fc29-0371-4d62-bd93-ae9f896f7bfe"
  9. Yahoo mail

in Browsers and Email
    Yahoo mail: I can't delete old email. Can't check the box to delete it just opens it. How do I get this back to working rite. Thanks Ben 100832
  10. No mail notification sound

in Browsers and Email
    No mail notification sound: can't get mail notification sound for Outlook 2013. settings-apps and system sounds properly configured 18042