Windows 10: Yahoo Mail Problem . . .

Discus and support Yahoo Mail Problem . . . in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been using, Yahoo Mail ffor many years, and I love it. But today, fur some reason . . . When, I click on the desktop shortcut, I've used for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DanaDwyer, Nov 7, 2019.

1. DanaDwyer Win User

Yahoo Mail Problem . . .

I have been using, Yahoo Mail ffor many years, and I love it. But today, fur some reason . . . When, I click on the desktop shortcut,

I've used for years. I get what I've added beow? If I type into the search bar of any browser, (mail.yahoo.com)).

I get to my mail fine. I can even, say to Cortana, Yahoo Mail, and it get's me there. But, not if I click, on the shortcut? I've even,

deleted the shortcut, and created a new one, with the path, displayed at the top, of the page, when I do get there. But it still,

gives me the same message? This is crazy? I do want to use my desktop, shortcut? But, I'm not sure, what to do?

Any answers, would be great . . . Thanks for reading . . . Jerry

The latest version of Yahoo Mail is not supported on your browser. Please use a supported browser below or use basic Mail.
    • Open now
      Microsoft EdgeRequires Edge 15 or newer
    • DownloadGoogle Chrome
    • DownloadFirefox
    • Continue
      Continue with basic MailThis version has fewer features but supports older browsers.

:)

DanaDwyer, Nov 7, 2019
  2. Billy Med Win User

yahoo messaging setup

Hi Kieth,

Regarding the issue that you had with making email replies on your Yahoo, have you tried performing a uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Uninstall the Yahoo Mail app.
    • Perform a soft reset by Pressing the Power and Volume down button simultaneously for 15 seconds.
    • Once the phone vibrates, release your hold and wait for the phone to finish rebooting.
    • Reinstall Yahoo Mail from the store.

Let us know if the issue persists after following the steps above.

Billy Med, Nov 7, 2019
  3. lpatrick Win User
    ATT.net as Homepage, Yahoo as mail

Using MS Edge as browser and MS Mail as email.
    • How do I set ATT.net as homepage and Att.net/Yahoo as mail?

Thank you

lpatrick, Nov 7, 2019
  4. stevehero Win User

Yahoo Mail Problem . . .

error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App

I went this route and added passwords for yahoo mail. I might try this method above to get gmail to buck up! *Tongue

@Bastet, this is probably what you were referring to the whole time.

YAHOO MAIL FIX
    2FA needs to be enabled which it already was and just follow these steps below.

1. In yahoo mails account security, click on manage app passwords.

Yahoo Mail Problem . . . [​IMG]

2. After selecting other app and entering the new app name in the text box

3. Now, in Windows 10 mail app, add this type of account.

4. In Windows 10 mail app, enter your details and the password generated by step 2.

Fully functional mail app again.

GMAIL FIX

Now similar steps to setting up Gmail. Here I'll only go through the Gmail steps as Windows Mail App setup is the exact same.

Follow this jpeg below, all steps are merged as there's a 5 attachment limit.

- - - Updated - - -

I've edited it to show the solution for Gmail also.

stevehero, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

Yahoo Mail Problem . . .

1. Yahoo Mail Problem . . . - Similar Threads - Yahoo Mail Problem

2. Yahoo Sign Mail Problem

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Yahoo Sign Mail Problem: Looks like we can't get you in your account on this device. Please try signing in from the device you use most often.Start overthis message happen during signing in my Yahoo maili tried several browseralso i used same pcand tried with new pcplz help...
  3. Yahoo Sign Mail Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yahoo Sign Mail Problem: Looks like we can't get you in your account on this device. Please try signing in from the device you use most often.Start overthis message happen during signing in my Yahoo maili tried several browseralso i used same pcand tried with new pcplz help...
  4. yahoo mail problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    yahoo mail problem: HelloNewly yahoo mail page couldn't be opened .I cleared cookies and data many times but useless.Here is screenshot .Thanks for helping https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-mail-problem/6607bd34-ce83-4c1f-958b-0a20cd838f24
  5. yahoo mail problem

yahoo mail problem: HelloNewly yahoo mail page couldn't be opened .I cleared cookies and data many times but useless.Here is screenshot .Thanks for helping https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-mail-problem/6607bd34-ce83-4c1f-958b-0a20cd838f24
  6. yahoo mail problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Problem Accessing Yahoo Mail

Problem Accessing Yahoo Mail: I just bought a new desktop which included Windows 11 Home. I can't access my yahoo email thru windows 11 or Microsoft Outlook. I can't go direct to yahoo and access my mail.[Original Title: Mail]...
  8. Yahoo Mail Problem

in Browsers and Email
    Yahoo Mail Problem: Lately, I'm having difficulty reaching my Yahoo mail accounts. I get a message: "Can't reach this page". I'm wondering if anyone else is also having difficulties. Fortunately, I have other email providers (Hotmail, Gmail and Proton mail). Rarely, Yahoo will work normally....
  9. Yahoo Mail Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Yahoo Mail Problem: Lately, I'm having difficulty reaching my Yahoo mail accounts. I get a message: "Can't reach this page". I'm wondering if anyone else is also having difficulties. Fortunately, I have other email providers (Hotmail, Gmail and Proton mail). Rarely, Yahoo will work normally....
  10. problems with yahoo mail

in Browsers and Email
    problems with yahoo mail: hi! I need help with yahoo mail. i'm an old lady so be nice to me!*Smile---------------- using yahoo email on my new computer is impossible! finally figured edge is not a supported browser so I open my email with ie (latest version/updated). problems remain... constant...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Firefox The latest version of Yahoo Mail is not supported on your browser. Please use a supported browser below