Windows 10: Yahoo Mail shows basic view

Discus and support Yahoo Mail shows basic view in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use Yahoo Mail and I really like it. I had some issues, and re-installed Windows 10. During the start up . . . It asks you what browser, you want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jerry_Dwyer, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Yahoo Mail shows basic view

I use Yahoo Mail and I really like it. I had some issues, and re-installed Windows 10.
    During the start up . . . It asks you what browser, you want to run it with. All the
    browser were listed, along with basic mail. So, I thought, what the heck, so I picked
    basic mail. Boy, was I mistaken! It looks terrible.

I thought, maybe if I uninstall my Yahoo Mail, I could start all over. But it's not even
    listed in the Control Panel, uninstall. If I type into the search box, mail.yahoo.com,
    it looks perfect . . . Or, if I say to Cortana "Yahoo Mail" It opens with the normal look.
    But, if I click on the shortcut, I get that basic mail. So my question is . . .
    How, can I fix this? And get a new program association.

Thanks for reading, hope you have answers . . . Jerry

***Modified title from: Yahoo Mail ***

:)

Jerry_Dwyer, Nov 5, 2019
  2. Mary Sau Win User

NEW COMPUTER WITH IE 11 BUT BASIC YAHOO MAIL

Hi,

To help you back to the classic Yahoo Mail. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In Internet Explorer, open Tools > Internet Options
      > Security.
    • In Security tab, click Custom level and look for Scripting
      section.
    • Disable Scripting of Java Applets.
    After these steps, sign in to your Yahoo Mail account. You will get an error page then click on a link which says Return to a previous version of Yahoo Mail.

Note: Do not click the link which says 'Return to a previous version of Yahoo Mail just for now', because it would only allow you to use the classic Yahoo Mail just for once.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Mary Sau, Nov 5, 2019
  3. NEW COMPUTER WITH IE 11 BUT BASIC YAHOO MAIL

I just bought a new HP all in one computer with windows 10. When first installed I had the classic view of yahoo mail. My computer automatically updated and now I can only see the basic yahoo mail. I can not figure out how to go back to the classic
    yahoo mail. On the basic mail I can not attach files

Cheryl_711, Nov 5, 2019
  4. Yahoo Mail shows basic view

NEW COMPUTER WITH IE 11 BUT BASIC YAHOO MAIL

Hi Mary Sau!

I did the "Step By Step" instruction's as cited above, and nothing changed..i.e. no error page, or link appeared, it still has the same New Format on my peripheral as before.

Thanks for trying, and do make a great day happen, whenever you possibly can now, too!

Enjoy!

PAAP

MonsieurPAAP, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

Yahoo Mail shows basic view

1. Yahoo Mail shows basic view - Similar Threads - Yahoo Mail shows

2. Yahoo mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yahoo mail: Hello I have a windows server 2109 with active directory I want to prevent user to access there personal mail account using gpo I can do this for Gmail but I want to do this for Yahoo and other mail's servers so did it possible to do in gpo that Yahoo user can't login with...
  3. Yahoo mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Yahoo mail: Hello I have a windows server 2109 with active directory I want to prevent user to access there personal mail account using gpo I can do this for Gmail but I want to do this for Yahoo and other mail's servers so did it possible to do in gpo that Yahoo user can't login with...
  4. yahoo mail showing incorrect time

in Browsers and Email
    yahoo mail showing incorrect time: Hi I have set my time zone to GMT+5 (as seen in attach image), yahoo mail is showing incorrect time. i sent email at 1:49PM while yahoo mail is showing 12:49AM (as seen in attach image) there is no daylight saving in pakistan thanks in advance 150322
  5. yahoo mail showing incorrect time

in Windows 10 Support
    yahoo mail showing incorrect time: Hi I have set my time zone to GMT+5 (as seen in attach image), yahoo mail is showing incorrect time. i sent email at 1:49PM while yahoo mail is showing 12:49AM (as seen in attach image) there is no daylight saving in pakistan thanks in advance 150322
  6. yahoo mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    yahoo mail: Just got a notice to update my yahoo email account. Why is my yahoo mail requiring access to my contacts, email sent and email received? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-mail/8019ffb2-d4ac-4700-bd9d-06bd5cad0c21
  7. email to Yahoo basic

in Windows 10 Customization
    email to Yahoo basic: How do I change my email to yahoo basic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-to-yahoo-basic/78aa5944-5bef-494f-9ef5-55520d067995
  8. Yahoo Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yahoo Mail: I use Yahoo Mail and I really like it. I had some issues, and re-installed Windows 10. During the start up . . . It asks you what browser, you want to run it with. All the browser were listed, along with basic mail. So, I thought, what the heck, so I picked basic mail....
  9. Yahoo mail

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Yahoo mail: Yahoo says it doesn't recognize my email address. I have used same address for years and it was saved. I could get into my mail yesterday. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-mail/9684fc29-0371-4d62-bd93-ae9f896f7bfe"
  10. Yahoo mail

in Browsers and Email
    Yahoo mail: I can't delete old email. Can't check the box to delete it just opens it. How do I get this back to working rite. Thanks Ben 100832

Users found this page by searching for:

1. steps to sign up for yahoo language:en