Windows 10: Yahoo no longer supports IE 11

Discus and support Yahoo no longer supports IE 11 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Verizon just bought Yahoo assets, so nothing would surprise me.... Log In - The New York Times @f14tomcat that's very True Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by CmmTch, Aug 7, 2016.

1. essenbe Win User

Yahoo no longer supports IE 11

@f14tomcat that's very True

essenbe, Aug 7, 2016
  2. CmmTch Win User

The interesting part of this whole thing is on my desktop W10 Home, and my laptop (Dell Latitude E6420) W10 Pro there's no problem. Yahoo webmail has the full feature mode enabled on both those, they're W10 1511.

The one with the problem is a laptop Dell Latitude E6400, W10 Pro 1511 was fine, no problems until I updated to 1607 last week, and now only basic mode is available on Yahoo webmail. Earlier posts' in this thread show what I found going through a few clicks, I'm going to update my other computers, either the desktop, laptop, or both this week.

We'll see how that goes, I did try Edge for a bit on the laptop with the Anniversary update and it seemed better than it was, might be able to move to it full time.

My problem is minor compared to some I've seen and posted on, I guess I'm lucky in that sense *Smile

CmmTch, Aug 7, 2016
  3. Seeing Yahoo and Security in one sentence makes me laugh.

nigelmercier, Aug 7, 2016
  4. CmmTch Win User

Resurrected this thread because I've found a workaround/fix for this problem, as it turns out it is a Microsoft problem. Happened to see a topic on a Yahoo Forum titled "Yahoo Mail switches to Basic view after installing Windows 10 Anniversary Update" I've posted a screen shot of the post below. I did what was suggested and it worked immediately on both computers that had this problem. Tools > Compatibility View settings uncheck "Use Microsoft compatibility lists"

Now the problem is actually resolved thanks to Arcazeon on the Yahoo Forum *Biggrin

Yahoo no longer supports IE 11 [​IMG]

CmmTch, Aug 12, 2016
  5. lawnmower60, Aug 13, 2016
  6. Sorry about post did not see that there were two pages

lawnmower60, Aug 13, 2016
  7. CmmTch Win User
    Np lawnmower *Smile since I had marked this one solved due to no known fix at the time, I wanted to make a new thread for those that might not look at a solved thread.

My main objective was to get it out there so people would see it, I was sure I wasn't the only one having this problem.

CmmTch, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Yahoo no longer supports IE 11 - Similar Threads - Yahoo longer supports

2. Windows 11 no longer supported on my device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 no longer supported on my device: Hi! I have had this device for about a year and two months now. The device is the HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-dk1xxx. It originally had windows 10, but in February of last year got the windows 11 update. I have had no updating issues until later on using windows 11. A month...
  3. Microsoft 365 will no longer support Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11)

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft 365 will no longer support Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11): [ATTACH] Today, we’re announcing that Microsoft 365 apps and services will no longer support Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) by this time next year. Beginning November 30, 2020, the Microsoft Teams web app will no longer support IE 11. Update: The Microsoft...
  4. Windows 7 and IE 8 not supported

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 and IE 8 not supported: I was gifted an older Gateway computer recently. Before doing so, the previous user reverted the OS from Windows 10 back to windows 7 and wiped all the programs he had installed, leaving Internet Explorer 8 as the only browser. Can't say why, I guess he thought he was being...
  5. IE Yahoo Email logon automatically opens Edge? :(

in Browsers and Email
    IE Yahoo Email logon automatically opens Edge? :(: . *Eek Today on this laptop, I opened IE and tried to log into yahoo mail. I had just yesterday been forced to accept win 10 ver 2004 (autodownloaded and installed) and now am unable to access yahoo mail without it automatically opening edge (with IE saying this website...
  6. How to get Yahoo support

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to get Yahoo support: Please, can anyone tell me how to contact Yahoo Mail support in order to correct my contacts list. I've tried every source I could find online without success. All I want to do is edit, change, delete or add addresses to the list I've had for years. I use basic Yahoo but...
  7. IE 11 not supporting window.parent.postMessage

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    IE 11 not supporting window.parent.postMessage: Hi, In IE 11, window.parent.postmessage is not working. I am trying to set the access token in iframe sign in and sent it to parent window. Please let me know the solution or any alternative methods. localStorage.setItem('access_token',arc_access_token);...
  8. IE 11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IE 11: I have tried to contact Microsoft support about this issue but always go through the same thing. I have chatted with someone 4 times already about this issue. Is there a link to redownload IE 11 on windows 10. It is non-existent on the system ( have checked 4 times...
  9. yahoo support

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    yahoo support: Hi, I use yahoo mail as a secondary email client. For the past month or so I am having issues with it. When i try to read some emails I cant access it. Or other times when I click on it the mouse pointer will sit an spin. Other times i will be reading an email and when i am...
  10. Cannot access Yahoo mail unless I delete history IE 11

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot access Yahoo mail unless I delete history IE 11: Hello! I receive many e-mails in my Yahoo account every day since I am subscribed to many threads in this forum. Recently I noticed that I cannot access Yahoo mail. In Yahoo support they suggest deleting the browsing history. I did it and was able to access my e-mails...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. yahoo and ie 11

2. what no longer supports ie11

3. yahoo no longer supporting ie