Windows 10: Yahoo password change and login prompts

Discus and support Yahoo password change and login prompts in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm trying to help someone with an Iphone 8+. It all started with trying to send a webpage to email from Safari. It says you need to login to Yahoo... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by kitpzyxmsir, May 18, 2019.

1. Yahoo password change and login prompts

I'm trying to help someone with an Iphone 8+.

It all started with trying to send a webpage to email from Safari. It says you need to login to Yahoo before it can proceed. But Yahoo is already logged into.

At the same time numerous unauthorized account key login confirmation requests were coming in to the phone.

We tried to change the Yahoo password, but there is no option to change the Yahoo password that we can find. You can't do it from the login page by selecting "having trouble signing in", because the only alternative is to have an account key sent to the phone, not an option to change the password as you might normally expect.

Google searches indicate If you go into the Yahoo account settings, there is a "change password" link in the security settings, but it no longer exists, either in the mobile app or desktop.

:)

kitpzyxmsir, May 18, 2019

2. Yahoo Password Change Question

Glad to hear you got gmail off.

Yes I'm suggesting you login to Yahoo, which it sounds like you have, and change your password. Then you will need that new password.

I don't think Yahoo has same functionality as gmail, so mail on iPhone 4 is still there and that will be an issue unless you erase remotely and that only works when phone joins a cellular network.

Phones should have password and in my opinion should be set to delete after 10 tries.

As to remote deleting phone please read the link I provided. Apple provided a way to remove contents of lost phones connected to network.

Caledon Ken, May 18, 2019
  3. Going to local login broke ability login without password prompt

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

1) Have you set up same password for both Microsoft account and local account?

You can sign in either with Microsoft account or local account. I suggest you to change the password for both the accounts and check if it helps.

1) Open settings and click on accounts.

2) Click on Your email and accounts.

3) Now in the right pane click on Manage my Microsoft account. It will redirect to your Microsoft account page.

4) here click on change password and try to sign in again.

You can also change password by clicking on Sign-in options in the left pane and choose change password in the right pane.

If the issue still persists, you can follow the below steps.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, May 18, 2019
  4. pigulici Win User

Yahoo password change and login prompts

Problem with Yahoo

It is any problems with yahoo?, I can not login in messenger, can't change password or view activity in yahoo account(tried form 2 pc, windows and linux)...

pigulici, May 18, 2019
Thema:

Yahoo password change and login prompts

1. Yahoo password change and login prompts - Similar Threads - Yahoo password change

2. No password prompt at login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No password prompt at login screen: Hello, I have a very bad issue with my Acer laptop running on windows 10, i recently signed out on my pc now my login screen doesn't want to show any password prompt and CTRL + ALT + DEL keys doesn't work. In addition any key combinations doesn't work. I've tried so many...
  3. No password prompt at login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No password prompt at login screen: Hello, I have a very bad issue with my Acer laptop running on windows 10, i recently signed out on my pc now my login screen doesn't want to show any password prompt and CTRL + ALT + DEL keys doesn't work. In addition any key combinations doesn't work. I've tried so many...
  4. No password prompt at login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Logoff/Login password prompt

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Logoff/Login password prompt: I don't require a password to open Windows. In the past, the same was the case when I logged off (not restart) and then logged back in. No password necessary, just hit the button on the logon page to enter Windows. But now, when I log off, I am asked for a password, which...
  6. Logoff/Login password prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Logoff/Login password prompt: I don't require a password to open Windows. In the past, the same was the case when I logged off (not restart) and then logged back in. No password necessary, just hit the button on the logon page to enter Windows. But now, when I log off, I am asked for a password, which...
  7. Yahoo Password Change Question

in Browsers and Email
    Yahoo Password Change Question: Hey all. Im having issues logging into my primary gmail account as i posted this in my other thread. The thing is i have my account and password but apparently google doesn't let me in my account because the recovery email address i type is incorrect. I dont know how this is...
  8. 2007 Outlook prompts for password after yahoo change password

in Browsers and Email
    2007 Outlook prompts for password after yahoo change password: Hello, I just changed my Yahoo email password, and signed in via IE and works fine. Then I went into my Outlook 2007 Yahoo email account and changed the password. However when I try to send/receive email from outlook on the Yahoo account it pops up requesting the password....
  9. No password prompt at login screen. Can not login.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No password prompt at login screen. Can not login.: After I configured to start up the Windows 10 with the safe mode as following method for uninstalling a software, it does not prompt to enter a password at login screen anymore. It was working fine until now. [img] [img] I have tried following but no luck....
  10. At startup, no password or login prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    At startup, no password or login prompt: At Windows startup a login prompt with a password box, user account picture or name does not appear. All i see is my screen saver background. I found a temporary fix which is restarting my computer, then and only then can i type in my password to access my computer. The issue...