Windows 10: Yahoo password

Discus and support Yahoo password in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have tried to set up my yahoo email account on windows 10. Says the account is set up, but wont sync. When I go to account settings it has a... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by peter1981, Jan 13, 2017.

1. peter1981 Win User

Yahoo password

I have tried to set up my yahoo email account on windows 10. Says the account is set up, but wont sync. When I go to account settings it has a different password. I have deleted the account and tried to start over, many times. Same results every time. Change my yahoo account password and still the same results. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Sincerely
    Peter

:)

peter1981, Jan 13, 2017
  2. PamelaBee Win User

Why didn't my Windows 10 password change when I changed my yahoo password.

I use my yahoo email and password to log into windows 10. The mail account is syncing correctly but the password for windows is still the old yahoo password no the new one.

PamelaBee, Jan 13, 2017
  3. mrJay007 Win User
    "Your Outlook settings are out-of-date". Can't fix it it anyway.

I went to security settings on my yahoo account. Went to app. password generator used that password for my outlook instead of my yahoo password started to work fine. Hope this is helpful.

mrJay007, Jan 13, 2017
  4. Yahoo password

Hello and welcome:

Since the latest massive security breach was announced several weeks ago, Yahoo appears to have belatedly introduced additional security measures. Perhaps that explains the issues you're experiencing.

Having said that, my solution to the problem is explained here:

It’s (Past) Time to Close That Yahoo Account

This is not intended to come across as sarcastic or glib. It's a sincere recommendation to be done with Yahoo, once and for all. (More recently, it was announced that the few Yahoo remnants after the company sale would be rebranded. So it's not clear how much longer "yahoo" accounts/email will be around at all, whether or not the sale to Verizon goes through.)

While it will require a bit of time and effort to do so, it would probably be advisable to think about switching to another webmail service, ISP email or other email service. Gmail and most ISP have tools to help the switch.

MM

MoxieMomma, Jan 13, 2017
  5. Helmut Win User
    Hi,
    1. Make sure the Windows 10 Mail App is updated, currently 17.7805.42277.0
    I assume this is what is being used. The updates are around the rate of one a week....
    2. Check all settings in detail and Save, or Done at the bottom.
    Obviously the Sync settings in particular should be looked at.
    The bottom line is there is the two arrow Refresh button at the top of the Boxes/Folders column.
    They have recently added a security option, however my 2 Yahoo Accounts do still work and their passwords were recently changed.

Helmut, Jan 13, 2017
  6. Borg 386 Win User
  7. Not quite.
    Deal is up in the air, not finalized, is being renegotiated and may yet fall through.

The latest articles are sort of subtle, but if you read carefully, you'll see that the deal has NOT been closed.

All they're talking about now is what will happen "if/when"....
    If it does close, it will likely be for a much lower price.

But it doesn't change the advice to dump Yahoo.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Yahoo password

1. Yahoo password - Similar Threads - Yahoo password

2. can't add yahoo to windows 10 calendar - not able to type password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't add yahoo to windows 10 calendar - not able to type password: I can't add my yahoo calendar to windows 10 calendar because the page where the password should go has no place to actually type the password. I've added the yahoo calendar several times and I know I'm doing it correctly. I simply cannot type my password on a blank page...
  3. can't add yahoo to windows 10 calendar - not able to type password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't add yahoo to windows 10 calendar - not able to type password: I can't add my yahoo calendar to windows 10 calendar because the page where the password should go has no place to actually type the password. I've added the yahoo calendar several times and I know I'm doing it correctly. I simply cannot type my password on a blank page...
  4. can't add yahoo to windows 10 calendar - not able to type password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I cannot update my Yahoo Mail password in Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot update my Yahoo Mail password in Windows 10 Mail: Hi, I just recently updated my Yahoo Mail password and as expected Windows 10 Mail inform that my Yahoo account settings is out-of-date and requested me to fix the account.The issue is when I clicked the Fix account button and Yahoo Mail login page appeared, I can insert my...
  6. I cannot update my Yahoo Mail password in Windows 10 Mail

I cannot update my Yahoo Mail password in Windows 10 Mail: Hi, I just recently updated my Yahoo Mail password and as expected Windows 10 Mail inform that my Yahoo account settings is out-of-date and requested me to fix the account.The issue is when I clicked the Fix account button and Yahoo Mail login page appeared, I can insert my...
  7. e-mail is Yahoo..PC runsa windows 10.Had to change password on Yahoo mail, but want to...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    e-mail is Yahoo..PC runsa windows 10.Had to change password on Yahoo mail, but want to...: My e-mail is Yahoo and Im running Windows 10 on my PC ..I changed my password on Yahoo,but i want to access my mail on the windows mail,,I get a message on windows mail that i need to fix password its out of sync..How do i do this?...
  8. Not receiving password reset code to my AT&T/Yahoo mail address.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not receiving password reset code to my AT&T/Yahoo mail address.: I am not receiving FacebookFB password reset code to my AT&T/Yahoo mail address. I have tried to generate the code numerous times but to no avail. I check all e-mail folders for the code but find nothing. I am using Windows 10 with Microsoft Edge as my browser on my laptop...
  9. Unable to update my password for Yahoo

Unable to update my password for Yahoo: I recently updated my password for Yahoo and it worked on all my devices except my HP laptop. I get an error message that says "something went wrong" and the error code is 08019019a. Anyone run into this before...
  10. Gmail & Yahoo insist creating new passwords on daily basis

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail & Yahoo insist creating new passwords on daily basis: Not my PC, but a friends. I found it strange that both email accounts last night insisted that the passwords (each one different) were incorrect. They insisted we need to make new ones. So we did. They worked for the rest of the night. Turn off PC. Reboot this morning, bam,...