Windows 10: Yahoo search engine

Discus and support Yahoo search engine in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi This probably, strictly speaking, a Windows 10 issue but, hopefully, someone out there can help me. Somehow I seem to have acquired a Yahoo... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by roymathers, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Yahoo search engine

Hi

This probably, strictly speaking, a Windows 10 issue but, hopefully, someone out there can help me. Somehow I seem to have acquired a Yahoo search engine that keeps appearing in my Firefox browser. Can anyone tell me a foolproof way of deleting it? I have tried all the conventional ways but the program doesn't appear in the program list, nor does it appear when I do a search on the computer (via the bottom left hand panel). Any suggestions?

:)

roymathers, Sep 27, 2015
  2. Bruce Hagen, Sep 27, 2015
  3. How to remove yahoo on windows 10

I believe they are trying to remove yahoo as default search engine.

I need to do this also.

I like bing but mistakenly have set my comp for yahoo whilst downloading chrome.

I no longer need chrome as a browser but bing/edge now run yahoo as search engine. I get re-directed from bing to yahoo even after chrome has been uninstalled.

i need to remove yahoo as the default search engine.

i presume the other people wanted to set google as default search engine by removing bing and yahoo as default search engines.

Funky Buddha, Sep 27, 2015
  4. donetao Win User

Yahoo search engine

donetao, Sep 27, 2015
  5. Thank you for the link. However, I've tried everything they say, including deleting the default engine (which, apparently, is Yahoo) and still the thing comes back every time I open a new tab!

roymathers, Sep 27, 2015
  6. donetao Win User
    Hi I don't know?? Here's how I have my FF!!

donetao, Sep 27, 2015
  7. DustSailor, Sep 27, 2015
  8. Yahoo search engine

The Yahoo bar doesn't show up on my version of that list.

roymathers, Sep 27, 2015
  9. That's done it! I had to delete a prefs file (as per the Firefox trouble shooting guide).

Thanks to everybody for their help.

roymathers, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Yahoo search engine

1. Yahoo search engine - Similar Threads - Yahoo search engine

2. Changing search engine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing search engine: Help me! I tried changing my search engine AGAIN!!! Those guides that say "there will be a button that says Search in the address bar with." There is no button. Help. I hate bing....
  3. Search Engines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Engines: All my 'pc' life I have used Google but recently have been observing some disturbing trends with them; both political and privacy. Finally, I decided to try another and did a 'google' search for a good unbiased search engine with privacy (alleged). I am trialing duckduckgo on...
  4. search engine help

in Windows 10 Support
    search engine help: just got a new comp with windows 10. don't like edge so I am using explorer how do I get rid of bing and use google search 117451
  5. search engines

in Browsers and Email
    search engines: Here lately, search engines are not doing what they are designed to do. AS an example ,if I type in something like, “how to clean old furniture’ instead of taking me to links that gives information I want, they take me to links for other search engines that will do the same...
  6. Bing search engine

in Browsers and Email
    Bing search engine: Can someone please help me? I have just registered on here, at the suggestion of someone from Firefox help forums. I am a senior person (still working) I have some pc knowledge, but not to technical especially with in depth stuff. My problem is I have FF as my default...
  7. can i change the search engine on edge from bing to yahoo

in Browsers and Email
    can i change the search engine on edge from bing to yahoo: can i change the search engine on edge from bing to yahoo and how do i do it ? 25583
  8. Search Engines performance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Engines performance: I tried both Google and Bing to search for car roof racks in Malaga, Spain. Both returned lots of Malaga Australia results! Both ignored all my helpful keywords and presented rubbish results. See the Bing screen shot. So what am I doing wrong in my search and if it is...
  9. Search Engine

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Engine: How to add a chrome search engine 78340
  10. Strange Search Engine

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Search Engine: When I first go to Internet Explorer, a strange search engine <www-searching.com> fills the screen. If I click on Home it goes away and my normal Start page comes up. I have blocked the address in Yahoo mail, and in "Per site privacy actions" in Internet Tools, but it...