Windows 10: Yahoo Widgets Compatibility on Windows 10

Discus and support Yahoo Widgets Compatibility on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I would love to use my Yahoo Weather Widget on Windows 10. Does anyone know of a way to get it to work? Yahoo was not at all helpful & I can't find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MamaWolf, Apr 21, 2017.

1. MamaWolf Win User

Yahoo Widgets Compatibility on Windows 10

I would love to use my Yahoo Weather Widget on Windows 10. Does anyone know of a way to get it to work? Yahoo was not at all helpful & I can't find another weather app like that one. I really liked the appearance & the size of the app.

:)

MamaWolf, Apr 21, 2017

2. Yahoo Wrather Widget stopped working

About 5-11-16 the Yahoo Weather Widget stopped working in all Windows 10-based computers. Until then, the widget worked just fine.

I tried removing the necessary Windows updates, reloading the Yahoo Widget engine, but that doesn't help. Still no weather widget.

However, the other widgets work just fine, i.e. the clock, financial report, etc.

Anybody?

Any ideas how to get that wonderful widget back into operation?

THANKS!

Jerry

jerry halberg, Apr 21, 2017
  3. Idoru17 Win User
    Yahoo Wrather Widget stopped working

First of all, as yahoo closed it's serices, contacting the remaining staff about an obsolete software shouldn't proove to be useful...

As a matter of fact, the API used by yahoo at weather.com has changed. So, what you have to do is :

- find a copy of widget converter 2.6, open it and drop on the designated area the weather widget (this will decompile the widget to a folder with all files in it) (be focused on setting the drop down box to 'FOLDER')

- open the main.js file in : my documents\My Widgets (or whatever name you choose)\yahoo weather\contents\scripts\ and search for weather.com. You'll find 2 instances and you'll need to change whatever was in 'Web Server's Default Page' by 'http://wxdata.weather.com'

That's all.

Select in widget converter 'Flat File' in the drop down menu, drop the previous folder (modify it's name to avoid duplicates) on widget converter and you'll have a working yahoo widget.

Idoru17, Apr 21, 2017
  4. Yahoo Widgets Compatibility on Windows 10

Sorry for the late response.

Yahoo widgets is not the issue here, it is the feed itself that is at fault.

Yahoo widgets is entirely compatible with Windows 10 and operates just as it did under XP, except for one thing - system volume control that now requires admin access to work as expected. All other functions should work as they have always done.

With regard to the weather widget, the yahoo widget data feed is recognisable as a URL that does a HTTP XML request but Yahoo has made changes to the data feed such that access to this data is now controlled by authorisation that your widget does not code contain any reference to... that is why it is failing.

You can either sign up for the feed and change the widget so that it incorporates the authorisation details or you can change the URL to point to an alternate source that also provides free access to a XML data feed of the same type but without authorisation, a recommendation is here:

https://blog.wturrell.co.uk/workaround-for-broken-yahoo-weather-xml-feed-oauth/

yereverluvinunc, Sep 21, 2017
Thema:

Yahoo Widgets Compatibility on Windows 10

1. Yahoo Widgets Compatibility on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Yahoo Widgets Compatibility

2. Windows 10 compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 compatibility: I recently saw the notification that support for Windows 8.1 was being discontinued. I have an older laptop and am trying to determine if I can upgrade to Windows 10, but do not have a GPU in Task Manager. Am I correct that my laptop would not be compatible with Windows 10?...
  3. Windows 10 email widget

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 email widget: I have tried to add a yahoo.com/att.net email address to the email widget. Yahoo.com shows that it gets connected however I get an error code # 0x80004005. After all is said and done. The email does not show up on the widget....
  4. Yahoo in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Yahoo in windows 10: How to remove Yahoo from windows 10 search? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-in-windows-10/d3dbb169-9cec-409c-a8c7-9de009ef9f84
  5. windows 10 compatability

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 compatability: I am currently running Windows 7 with an XP partition for my older 32 and 16 bit programs. My new desktop has Windows 10 installed - will it accept the same configured partition XP in 32 bit? Can I just mirror the XP partition on the new Windows 10 hard drive, or will I...
  6. windows 10 compatibility

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 compatibility: I have an older PC running Windows 7 and am thinking about getting a new PC with Windows 10. Does Windows 10 have a compatibility mode option like Windows 7 so that old software will work? I have several old applications from companies that are either out of business or have...
  7. Windows 10 compatibility

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 compatibility: Is Windows 10 compatible with my older HP Officejet 6500 printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-compatibility/d5519001-bbab-43df-97d3-61983e3979c4
  8. Windows 10 compatibility

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 compatibility: Would it not be good if windows ten development team could introduce backward compatibility with old windows software..a multi installer perhaps?.like most people we have alot of old software we use..or would like to use 151760
  9. Windows 10 desktop widget

Windows 10 desktop widget: Is it possible to add desktop widget in windows 10 like android widget? I was in need of showing countdown of a event somedays latter. I wanted it to be always in front of my eyes. I easily found it on my android But I found none for windows 10. So I was thinking of making...
  10. WINDOWS 10 NOT WORKING YAHOO

WINDOWS 10 NOT WORKING YAHOO: I HAD A SMALL ISSUE,SO MICROSOFT SUPPORT HAD ME TO A RESET. NOW I CANNOT GET MY YAHOO MAIL ACCOUNT TO WORK WITH WINDOWS 10. IF I WANT TO SHARE SOMETHING ON THE INTERNET/FACEBOOK/UTUBE BY E-MAIL, MY YAHOO DOES NOT SHOW UP. HAVE SPENT WEEKS WITH MICROSOFT SUPPORT, THEY DO NOT...