Windows 10: Year-Old Driver Tries to Install After Every Reboot

Discus and support Year-Old Driver Tries to Install After Every Reboot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For about a year now, a Synaptics Driver /has been installing through Windows Update nearly everyday, or every time Windows checked for Updates. It is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TheMartyParty, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Year-Old Driver Tries to Install After Every Reboot

For about a year now, a Synaptics Driver /has been installing through Windows Update nearly everyday, or every time Windows checked for Updates. It is the same driver every single time, dated 8/16/2017.

Year-Old Driver Tries to Install After Every Reboot 4c31910c-6660-425d-a20b-664a265a6c9e?upload=true.jpg

At some point it began restarting my computer every night, but with the latest Insider Build it has just been waiting to restart. I have hidden the update, I have uninstalled the Synaptics device and its drivers, I have emptied/cleaned the software distribution folder numerous times. I'd just like to be rid of this.

Windows 10 Home Insider Preview

Build 18282

HP Notebook 64-bit

:)

TheMartyParty, Nov 17, 2018
  2. mlee49 Win User

Driver Update/install

Ok, so let me get the basics down first.

1st delete the old driver(software or one by one)
    2nd Install new drivers from download
    3rd test new drivers

Reboot after steps 1 & 2?

mlee49, Nov 17, 2018
  3. Spectrum Win User
    Failure to load detection driver

mid driver install i shut down my system as i wasn't sure if the install manager had deleted the old driver or not.
    I rebooted in safe mode, downloaded 11.4 and tried to install.
    When it tries to detect my hardware, that message comes up.
    What would you suggest doing?

Spectrum, Nov 17, 2018
  4. p-jack Win User

Year-Old Driver Tries to Install After Every Reboot

Radeon Omega drivers help!

did you uninstall the old drivers before installing the omegadrivers? i suggest the following:

1. uninstall all gfx drivers --> reboot
    2. run DriverCleaner --> reboot
    3. install new drivers --> reboot

good luck! *Toast :toast:

p-jack, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

Year-Old Driver Tries to Install After Every Reboot

1. Year-Old Driver Tries to Install After Every Reboot - Similar Threads - Old Driver Tries

2. Video drivers have to keep installing after every reboot?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Video drivers have to keep installing after every reboot?: Hello, Im going crazy here and I need any suggestions for this. Been happening since I reinstalled my OS on my M2 SSD a few months back. The issue would be mild and I lived with it. The video drivers on my GTX 2070 would not work for a moment and would 'reinstall' when...
  3. Windows Update trying to install five year old GPU driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update trying to install five year old GPU driver: So, as my subject says, I have been having a major issue with Windows Update constantly trying to install an ancient driver for my GPU. I have a driver installed that is as current as I could get, which is at most a month or two old, but every time Windows Update checks for...
  4. USB joystick drivers lost after every reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB joystick drivers lost after every reboot: my usb joystick drivers are lost every time i reboot my pc . this problem occurred after recent cumulative updates. windows 10 pro. please help me if you see that ***Modified title from: about windws update and usb joystick drivers loss ***...
  5. Losing Bluetooth Drivers with every reboot

Losing Bluetooth Drivers with every reboot: I have an Acer laptop running Win 10. Lately, I've been noticing that there is no bluetooth button in my task bar. So I go through "fix bluetooth" windows process & it reinstalls the drivers. I can then use bluetooth. But I keep having to do this over every time it seems. I...
  6. Losing Bluetooth Drivers with every reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Losing Bluetooth Drivers with every reboot: I have an Acer laptop running Win 10. Lately, I've been noticing that there is no bluetooth button in my task bar. So I go through "fix bluetooth" windows process & it reinstalls the drivers. I can then use bluetooth. But I keep having to do this over every time it seems. I...
  7. Issues trying to install a 15 year old game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues trying to install a 15 year old game: So I was in the mood to be playing some SidMeier's Simgolf lately and tried installing the game via CD. I get to about 20% and an error pops up saying catastrophic failure regarding the properties folder or whatever and then quits. Any advice for trying to get this game...
  8. Old Driver Is Being Installed After Rebooting The PC.

Old Driver Is Being Installed After Rebooting The PC.: Hello, I have a Surface Pro 4 device. It has the screen flickering problem. One of the possible solution I found was to install the manufacturer drivers and change the Intel DPST, or ‘Display Power Saving Technology‘ in the driver panel. The problem that's driving me...
  9. Display driver breaks after every reboot

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display driver breaks after every reboot: Since the upgrade that Microsoft forced down my throat a couple weeks ago, my display drivers have not worked. One of them is Intel(R) HD Graphics driver, and the other is an NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M driver. We managed to fix one of the drivers (the Intel one) using DriverEasy....
  10. Why is Windows Update trying to install old drivers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why is Windows Update trying to install old drivers: Try to update to latest preview build This is my Speccy http://speccy.piriform.com/results/f...Qi6knSMHGaVIez Bluetooth is same as installed Realtek Audio and Intel Video seem older 111298