Windows 10: yellow dot on power symbol on desktop

Discus and support yellow dot on power symbol on desktop in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; what does yellow dot on right side of power symbol above start button on my desktop signify?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by shardavora, Mar 14, 2020.

1. yellow dot on power symbol on desktop

what does yellow dot on right side of power symbol above start button on my desktop signify?

:)

shardavora, Mar 14, 2020

2. Erroneous symbols at the bottom left corner of desktop icons

I'm running Windows 10 with the latest updates. A few days ago, the icons for objects on the desktop changed appearance. The icons are correct but
    all have a symbol at the bottom left corner:

• Shortcuts show the correct shortcut symbol
    • All files erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Almost all folders erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Some folders erroneously show "X"

The icons for files and folders (including the Desktop folder) displayed using File Explorer are all normal.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

KenSympson, Mar 14, 2020
  3. CLScribe Win User
    Settings Wifi Button is Off but Connection is Available - Lost Yellow Warning Symbol

Use to be that in Settings -> if Wireless button was ‘Off’ there would be a yellow

warning symbol indicating that Wifi Connection was “Off”.

However, in the past day, or so, I notice that the Settings Wireless - On/Off
    - button is continually on “Off” and yet despite this Wifi Connection On/off does not show a yellow caution symbol, and I can switch Wifi Connection ‘On or Off’ when I like.

I prefer the connection accessibility the way it use to be because this way I am assured that wireless was off (at least I hope it is)

I prefer to see the yellow caution symbol while WIFI settings is “Off”.

Need a suggestion.

Thanks

CLScribe, Mar 14, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

yellow dot on power symbol on desktop

Desktop Arrow Symbols

The arrow symbol in your screen capture is the standard arrow for a shortcut, it does not mean compression !!

For a step by step registry hack to remove these standard shortcut arrows -
    Click HERE

DaveM121, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

yellow dot on power symbol on desktop

1. yellow dot on power symbol on desktop - Similar Threads - yellow dot power

2. yellow dot on my screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    yellow dot on my screen: yellow dot on my screen, explains everything. in the start menu windows icon on my profile picture, there is a yellow star-ish dot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yellow-dot-on-my-screen/1548365e-9aed-47b1-8222-2b3f9e0efd76
  3. yellow dot on my screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    yellow dot on my screen: yellow dot on my screen, explains everything. in the start menu windows icon on my profile picture, there is a yellow star-ish dot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yellow-dot-on-my-screen/1548365e-9aed-47b1-8222-2b3f9e0efd76
  4. yellow dot on my screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Getting alerted with Yellow Symbol in Windows Security App.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Getting alerted with Yellow Symbol in Windows Security App.: To,Microsoft CommunityDear Friend, I am using Microsoft Windows 11, New Version 22H2 OS on My Laptop. I am getting " alerted with ! Yellow Symbol " on Windows Security Windows Defender, below taskbar right corner icon on my Laptop, ↓ as circle shown in below Screenshot. But...
  6. Getting alerted with Yellow Symbol in Windows Security App.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting alerted with Yellow Symbol in Windows Security App.: To,Microsoft CommunityDear Friend, I am using Microsoft Windows 11, Version 21H2 OS on My Laptop. I am getting " alerted with ! Yellow Symbol " on Windows Security Windows Defender, below taskbar right corner icon on my Laptop, ↓ as circle shown in below Screenshot. But when...
  7. Yellow Hazard Symbol Over Battery Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Yellow Hazard Symbol Over Battery Windows 10: Hello, I have a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark over the battery symbol in the task bar Windows 10. I have tried the suggestions in the below thread but it is still there....
  8. Big Yellow Padlock symbol on files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Big Yellow Padlock symbol on files: I have seen a few topics with this question, but no fixes to the problem... On my WD Elements external drive, way back years ago I thought it would be a good idea to encrypt some of the files and folders. Not sure why.. Anyway, fast forward a good decade or so, and now I...
  9. Desktop symbol placement

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop symbol placement: I WANT TO PLace symbols in a certain pattern that is prevented by predetermined lines. How do I solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-symbol-placement/3cf4e89c-3238-44f7-af2b-c179c09aae1f
  10. Start Windows Symbol is Yellow

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Windows Symbol is Yellow: The START symbol on my Taskbar (Formerly the W7 START Orb) on one of my machines is a bright yellow color. On my other machines it is white. Changing the color scheme does not change the color of the symbol. This behavior has been going on since I did the upgrade...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is yellow dot on power off in windows

2. windows 10 yellow update dot