Windows 10: Yellow exclamation mark showing on Network icon in system tray

Discus and support Yellow exclamation mark showing on Network icon in system tray in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a user (Windows 10 1803) with updated drivers. This user has a yellow exclamation mark showing on his network icon - stating no internet access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WendyVanexe, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Yellow exclamation mark showing on Network icon in system tray

I have a user (Windows 10 1803) with updated drivers.

This user has a yellow exclamation mark showing on his network icon - stating no internet access - but he does have internet access.

Now I have come across this problem on 40 of my 80+ workstations. So it is intermittent and makes no sense.

I do know the issue is caused by Microsoft trying to connect to www.msftconnecttest.com in an attempt to get a text file to prove internet access as found in the below registry setting.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NlaSvc\Parameters\Internet....

So what is the big deal you have internet access and the computer works right, wrong. Because of this error a lot of things actually stop working (all Microsoft products) such as Office 365, will no longer authenticate, which is my biggest issue.

I have tried all the internet suggestions.

* Flushed dns

* Changed dns to point to 8.8.8.8

* Reset winsock connection - Usually the yellow exclamation mark will clear by this time, but not on this laptop.

* Released and renewed IP configuration

* Uninstalled the network driver - reinstalled

* Tried wireless connection - same result

* Ran tracert to all the websites in the regedit - all successful

* Restarted network connection services

At the same time restarting the computer after each attempt and so far no success.

Has anyone else come across this issue and aside from the things I have already done, have any constructive advice?

I don't know why Microsoft feels the need to put this active probe in place since it seems to be causing more issues than it helps.

:)

WendyVanexe, Oct 4, 2018
  2. Geethu B Win User

Yellow Exclamation mark over Internet icon

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are getting a yellow Exclamation mark over Internet icon in the notification area.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the make and model number of the computer?

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the network troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Start Button and in the Windows Search type
      Troubleshooting
    • Open Troubleshooting and select Network and Internet.
    • Run Network Adapter troubleshooter.
    Check if it helps to fix the issue.

Method 2:

I see that you have uninstalled and reinstalled latest wireless network drivers. However if you have not tried installing latest Wireless Network driver from the computer manufacturer website, I suggest you to try the same and
    check if it helps. Also install all the available Windows Update.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Oct 4, 2018
  3. uzielkr Win User
    Yellow Exclamation mark over Internet icon

Hello, I have Windows 10 pro and I am able to connect to my Router wifi without any issues and have a working internet connection. I am able to browse internet and ping my DNS server, gateway etc, no issues but there is an yellow exclamation mark over the
    wifi internet icon in notification area. When I take my cursor there, popup says Limited connection next to my SSID!! When I click on it, below wifi icon, tag says "no internet". Earlier this yellow mark used to appear when there was no internet access. What
    all troubleshooting I have done:

• Updated the wifi card drivers.
    • Checked for any firewall/security software conflicts.
    • Upgraded the router firmware and also used another router.
    • Changed the DNS from ISP to google to other open dns ip addresses.
    • Deleted and recreated wifi profile.

Please suggest what else I can do and if I am missing something. Thanx

uzielkr, Oct 4, 2018
  4. {WM} Win User

Yellow exclamation mark showing on Network icon in system tray

Windows Defender Security Centre warning icon (yellow triangle with exclamation mark)

Yellow exclamation mark showing on Network icon in system tray 479d0e70-d9b3-4d0f-9906-cdf7c9302fae?upload=true.jpg

Hi, can you please tell me how to suppress the
    yellow triangle with an exclamation mark that appears in the bottom right-hand corner of the Windows Defender Security Centre system tray icon (but I only want it suppressed for the
    Family Options recommendations).

I use Trend Micro for my Virus & Threat Protection, and everything else has a nice green tick mark on it (and it says "no action needed") except for Family Options which doesn't have a nice green tick and it says "Manage how your family uses their devices".
    Consequently I end up with a yellow triangle and exclamation mark in the system tray icon for Windows Defender Security Centre which bothers me a lot because I've done all I can to satisfy it so I really believe I should have nice green ticks on everything,
    or at least the Windows Defender Security Centre system tray icon should be without the warning triangle and exclamation mark.

Yellow exclamation mark showing on Network icon in system tray 8fee4720-c7a1-4a65-a53a-5d01548ab159?upload=true.jpg

I've had a look at tweaking the notification settings, but I can't find anything specific to the Family Options part I'd like taken care of.

Can you help with any additional checks or advice?

{WM}, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

Yellow exclamation mark showing on Network icon in system tray

1. Yellow exclamation mark showing on Network icon in system tray - Similar Threads - Yellow exclamation mark

2. Task manager - explorer yellow exclamation mark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager - explorer yellow exclamation mark: Shouldn't that be a folder icon? What could be the cause? Where to start troubleshooting? Eventvwr and Google didn't helped much. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-explorer-yellow-exclamation-mark/36a3ac99-9eaf-4a36-9376-ddc1422c5ca8
  3. device manager yellow exclamation mark

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    device manager yellow exclamation mark: Hi when i turn on my device manager my display adapter has an exclamation mark i click on it so i have intel hd 4000 it has exclamation mark when i clcik on update driver it says i have latest drive and when i double click it it says working properly so what is the problem?...
  4. yellow exclamation mark device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    yellow exclamation mark device manager: I installed 1903 win 10 home now in device manager pci other device has yellow mark I have already installed chipset software it was not there in 1809 version 140644
  5. yellow exclamation mark device manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    yellow exclamation mark device manager: I installed 1903 win 10 home now in device manager pci other device has yellow mark I have already installed chipset software it was not there in 1809 version 140644
  6. Windows 10 1903 18632.267 Defender System Tray Icon Yellow Exclamation Mark

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 1903 18632.267 Defender System Tray Icon Yellow Exclamation Mark: I manage a number of computers. Checking security status is one of the things that I do. Having a yellow exclamation mark on the Defender system tray icon means I have to investigate. Recently, the mark has been showing up when, it appears, it's unnecessary AND there's no...
  7. network icon exclamation mark problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network icon exclamation mark problem: I have reinstalled windows because of this problem network icon says no internet but sites works fine what to do 137145
  8. Yellow triangle with exclamation mark on Wifi icon

Yellow triangle with exclamation mark on Wifi icon: I have a problem where everytime I close my lid and open again the yellow triangle appears, however as soon as I turn my Wifi off and on again everything is fine. While this is only a mild problem it is generally quite annoying to have to open my lid and not be already...
  9. Yellow exclamation mark on wifi

Yellow exclamation mark on wifi: Hello, From past 2 days i got yellow exclamation mark on wifi (saying no internet access). I have changed wifi dongle. But problem remains same. I tried everything like resetting network adaptor , some command on command prompt, repair windows with iso file, and at last i do...
  10. Yellow exclamation mark showing on Network icon in system tray

Yellow exclamation mark showing on Network icon in system tray: I have a user (Windows 10 1803) with updated drivers. This user has a yellow exclamation mark showing on his network icon - stating no internet access - but he does have internet access. Now I have come across this problem on 40 of my 80+ workstations. So it is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 network tray eclamation