Windows 10: Yellow triangle on unplugged LAN icon

Discus and support Yellow triangle on unplugged LAN icon in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just after updating to Windows 10, version 1809 I noticed that LAN icon when the LAN cable and wifi not connected yet appears as the network cable is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ka1online, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Ka1online Win User

Yellow triangle on unplugged LAN icon

Just after updating to Windows 10, version 1809 I noticed that LAN icon when the LAN cable and wifi not connected yet appears as the network cable is connected with a yellow triangle on the icon.

troubleshooting gives unidentified problem.

internet connection when cable is plugged or through wifi works well.

:)

Ka1online, Nov 10, 2018
  2. jscarano Win User

Yellow Triangle on Ethernet taskbar icon?!?!

I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10 and having this annoying issue where the yellow triangle over the ethernet icon in the taskbar will not go away. I can get online and surf so not sure whats going on. I did install the new lan drivers but still getting the annoying yellow triangle .

jscarano, Nov 10, 2018
  3. jetcosys Win User
    Windows 10 LAN Network icon in Systray Yellow Triangle of Death

Hello, I have several PCs, spread across multiple environments all showing this same behavior. All are static IP on LAN connections. Occasionally upon a PC reboot, the yellow triangle of death shows over the network icon. When this happens some applications
    work, some do not. The only fix is to unplug the network cable, then plug it back in. Once that happens, full connectivity is restored. I need to know how to permanently resolve this issue. This is only an issue on PCs upgraded to Windows 10, never happened
    on Win 8.1. These PCs are on different SBS networks, not just one network, so seems to be a systemic Windows 10 issue.

Thoughts?

-Joe

jetcosys, Nov 10, 2018
  4. Yellow triangle on unplugged LAN icon

Network icon in tray has yellow triangle but net works fine

Great stuff.

Torquemada, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

Yellow triangle on unplugged LAN icon

1. Yellow triangle on unplugged LAN icon - Similar Threads - Yellow triangle unplugged

2. Device Security - Yellow Triangle!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Security - Yellow Triangle!: Something I installed must have also installed Norton 360. I uninstalled, rebooted,, then noticed a shiels with a yellow triangle in my hidden icons on the taskbar. I click and it takes me to Security at a glance. Inder Device Security there is a yellow triangle & it says...
  3. Device Security - Yellow Triangle!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device Security - Yellow Triangle!: Something I installed must have also installed Norton 360. I uninstalled, rebooted,, then noticed a shiels with a yellow triangle in my hidden icons on the taskbar. I click and it takes me to Security at a glance. Inder Device Security there is a yellow triangle & it says...
  4. Yellow Triangle in Windows Defender Taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yellow Triangle in Windows Defender Taskbar icon: I have a yellow triangle in my windows defender icon on the task bar on my laptop with Windows 365. I have repeatedly verified that windows defender is up to date and the basic security is listed as OK. Drilling into the Defender menu I have found the yellow triangle next to...
  5. Yellow Triangle in Windows Defender Taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yellow Triangle in Windows Defender Taskbar icon: I have a yellow triangle in my windows defender icon on the task bar on my laptop with Windows 365. I have repeatedly verified that windows defender is up to date and the basic security is listed as OK. Drilling into the Defender menu I have found the yellow triangle next to...
  6. Yellow triangle with exclamation mark on Wifi icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Yellow triangle with exclamation mark on Wifi icon: I have a problem where everytime I close my lid and open again the yellow triangle appears, however as soon as I turn my Wifi off and on again everything is fine. While this is only a mild problem it is generally quite annoying to have to open my lid and not be already...
  7. Network Icon Yellow Triangle - Windows 10 v1803

Network Icon Yellow Triangle - Windows 10 v1803: OS: Win10 x64 - v1803 Dell workstation Optiplex 780, 7010 Onboard network - Intel(R) 82567LM-3 Gigabit Network. Problem: Yellow network icon but still able to surf the interent (webpages), but Internet icon shows the domain name but Not connected. Can ping out to external...
  8. Defender tray icon showing yellow triangle?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender tray icon showing yellow triangle?: Windows Defender is showing a yellow triangle on the tray icon, even though it is fully updated? The Security Centre home page shows all settings green ticked, and the only problem I find is on the "Apps & browser control" page, where the first item "Check apps and files" has...
  9. Windows defender yellow triangle

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender yellow triangle: I noticed that a little yellow triangle with an exclamation point shows up next to the windows defender icon. I'm not sure how to get rid of it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks[ATTACH]...
  10. Yellow Triangle on Ethernet taskbar icon?!?!

Yellow Triangle on Ethernet taskbar icon?!?!: I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10 and having this annoying issue where the yellow triangle over the ethernet icon in the taskbar will not go away. I can get online and surf so not sure whats going on. I did install the new lan drivers but still getting the annoying...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. yallow triangle on lan in win 8.1