Windows 10: Yellow triangle over internet network even if internet works

Discus and support Yellow triangle over internet network even if internet works in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi ! First of all thank you every helper and tutorial maker for the awesome work that helped me to find solutions ! I'm on Windows 10 x64 and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dahi, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Dahi Win User

Yellow triangle over internet network even if internet works

Hi !

First of all thank you every helper and tutorial maker for the awesome work that helped me to find solutions !

I'm on Windows 10 x64 and my network device is a Intel GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit).

My issue is :
    I have a yellow triangle over the network icon in the notification area
    Yellow triangle over internet network even if internet works [​IMG]
    and it says me "Network : No Internet" even if i can access to internet and my network works perfectly.

That's not very serious issue but that's disturbing to know if i'm connected or not (real disconnections can happen).
    After trying to reboot my rooter and uninstalling/reinstalling Intel's newest drivers i don't know what to do.

If anyone has an idea because Windows fixes and solutions wasn't useful for me.

:)

2. No Internet access but connected

My network access icon on the bottom right taskbar has a yellow triangle over it and says i have "no internet access" even though i clearly have internet. I use windows 10. What should i do to fix this problem?

Leonardus WilliemAdikusumo, Jan 14, 2016
  3. Depps64 Win User
    Connected to network but no internet access

Hi! No, there is no yellow triangle. I can access everything else on the network from that desktop, just not the internet.

Depps64, Jan 14, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Well you rebooted your router, but you also need to reboot your modem too. Or unplug both, wait a min, then plug modem in 1st, then router. may also have to reboot your computer.

OldMike65, Jan 14, 2016
  5. Dahi Win User
    I unpluged modem and router before waiting a minute then pluged back the modem then the router. I rebooted my PC but the yellow triangle still says i have no internet. Has to be something on my computer but i don't know what.

Also, sometimes, the yellow triangle disapear after a while and it finally says i'm connected. But i don't understand what is the reason.

6. brummyfan Win User
    You could try uninstalling the driver in Device manager, reboot your PC and let windows find the driver.

brummyfan, Jan 18, 2016
  7. Dahi Win User
    Uninstalled the driver of my network device (Intel Ethernet Connection I217-V) and did let Windows reinstall it after a reboot but still the same issue.
    I will try to install previous version of the network driver.

8. Dahi Win User

I'm trying to reinstall previous drivers like i said but it doesn't let me do it.
    It seems that even when i uninstall the driver, it doesn't uninstall it or it install it back instantly because when i try to install a previous version of the driver after uninstalling the one on my Device Manager, it says there is a newest driver already installed.
    How do you uninstall properly the network driver without Windows (or idk what) reinstalling it instantly ?

EDIT : Ok did it. But that doesn't solved the issue...

9. Saltgrass Win User
    As you seem to know, the yellow triangle means your local system is working but the internet is restricted in some manner. If you know how to check your configuration, look at the DNS server and see if it is showing correctly, which might be the local router or something from your ISP. You might even try setting the Google public servers for testing.

If you have any other systems online compare their settings with the problematic one. Change how that system connects to the Internet, if possible.

Run the Network Troubleshooter..

Are you showing any warnings or errors in Event Viewer concern network connectivity.

Saltgrass, Jan 23, 2016
  10. Private Win User
    Private, Jan 23, 2016
  11. Dahi Win User
    Hello, thank you for the response. It seems like the DNS server is showing errors but i don't really know how to interpret it or how to fix it. I used some free DNS test sites and it says i got errors and i tried to verify DNS server by typing nslookup 127.0.0.1 server_ip_address in the command prompt but it says :
    *** Impossible to find the server address for « server_ip_address » :
    Server : UnKnown
    Address: 192.168.0.10

*** UnKnown fails to find 127.0.0.1 : Non-existent domain

I don't really know how to interpret this.
    I only have one working online system and i ran the Network Troubleshooter without success.
    It doesn't seems like i have any warnings or errors in the Event Viewer.

12. Dahi Win User
  13. Saltgrass Win User

There are two way to check your DNS address and your Basic Network configuration. You can open the Network and Sharing center and click on the Connections where it shows your network. That will open a window which has a button for Details which will open a windows with listings for your DNS server as well as the other addresses you system uses.

You can also open an Administrative command prompt and type the command ipconfig /all so you can post if you desire the addresses and we can check them. You can copy the listing and past in a response. If you want to edit some of the address that is possible but leave enough so we can tell if you are using a 192.168.1.xxx or a 169.xxx.xxx.xxx type of address and what the DNS server addresses are.

I am not sure if the Google public DNS addresses are the same where you live but you can check that out and here they are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.8.4. If you want we can try setting those for your configuration to see if it helps. The Network troubleshooter, if run as administrator may repair these problems. You may or may not have IPv6 entries.

Saltgrass, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Yellow triangle over internet network even if internet works - Similar Threads - Yellow triangle internet

2. Yellow triangle on network , unable to connect network printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yellow triangle on network , unable to connect network printer: I am using Windows 10 and need to connect to a networked printer shared from another computer. I have added the IP address range in iPv4. I have done this many times before without issue so I know this is not this. I am just unable to figure out how to remove the yellow...
  3. Yellow triangle on network , unable to connect network printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yellow triangle on network , unable to connect network printer: I am using Windows 10 and need to connect to a networked printer shared from another computer. I have added the IP address range in iPv4. I have done this many times before without issue so I know this is not this. I am just unable to figure out how to remove the yellow...
  4. Yellow triangle on network , unable to connect network printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 'No Internet access' shows in Internet Network Status Even When Internet Works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 'No Internet access' shows in Internet Network Status Even When Internet Works: Hi guysMy internet drops out on occasion using my Dell work laptop running Windows 10 connected via Wi-Fi my iPhone etc shows the connection via Wi-Fi is fine and there is no problem with the internet connection. Weirdly when I hover over the Network Status Wi-Fi my internet...
  6. HELP PLEASE. I have the yellow triangle with a ! And says “no internet access”

HELP PLEASE. I have the yellow triangle with a ! And says “no internet access”: I have a desktop computer with a onboard ethernet port. Windows 10 It was working then it kept going off and on then went completely off. I am using the ethernet cable. Ive tried eveeything, and i mean everything to: •ping my ip: perfectly fine •unistall my driver and...
  7. Windows 10 network Icon has yellow triangle, stating No Internet Access, even though I have it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 network Icon has yellow triangle, stating No Internet Access, even though I have it.: I've tried everything to correct this. The only thing that works is rebooting into safe mode then reboot from safe mode back. The yellow triangle will be gone. But it returns on the next boot. It is driving me crazy....
  8. network adapter status show yellow triangle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    network adapter status show yellow triangle: can someone solve my problem,, tq to those troubleshooter in the community forum. 1. i cannot connect wifi.. there no sign of wifi, check the settings on network status nothing and try troubleshoot n change adapter shown 1,2 & 3 pic,, pic1,2,3.. tq [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  9. Yellow Triangle in internet connection everytime i put the PC on sleep mode

Yellow Triangle in internet connection everytime i put the PC on sleep mode: I've been having this problem over a week, Everytime i turn off or sleep the computer the internet for some reason stops working and a yellow triangle appears in it, and i have to disconnect the ethernet cable like 2 times and start the troubleshooter so the internet works...
  10. Internet is okay, but icon stays yellow triangle! Can you help?

Internet is okay, but icon stays yellow triangle! Can you help?: Hello, Im using windows 10 Professional and I have a PPPoE broadband connection. But when I connect it, the icon stays yellow triangle which means no network. Why does it happen? [img] [img] 47800