Windows 10: YES button grayed out on user control

Discus and support YES button grayed out on user control in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; when trying to load a new software, the window asks if i want to allow this program to make changes to my computer. The ONLY choice is no...it asks... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PSL1953, Oct 15, 2018.

1. PSL1953 Win User

YES button grayed out on user control

when trying to load a new software, the window asks if i want to allow this program to make changes to my computer. The ONLY choice is no...it asks for admin id and password..help

:)

PSL1953, Oct 15, 2018

2. User Account Control

Hello Ridho,

To enable the User Account Control (UAC) on Windows 10, please follow these steps:

• Click the Start button, type UAC.
    • Click Change User Account Control settings.
    • Choose between two options to enable UAC:
      • Notify when apps try to make changes to your computer.
      • Always notify when installing or making any changes to your computer.
    • Click OK.
    • Click Yes or enter your password to finalize the change.
    Steps to disable User Account Control (UAC).

• Click the Start button, type UAC.
    • Click Change User Account Control settings.
    • Click Yes or enter your password.
    • Set the settings to Never notify.
    • Click OK to save the settings.
    Regards.

Devlin Sco, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Unable to Turn On User Account Control

Hi Nicky,

User Account Control (UAC) is a feature that was designed to prevent unauthorized changes to your computer. For us to isolate the issue, we suggest
    that you follow these steps to enable the User Account Control (UAC):

• Click on Start.
    • Type Control Panel, and then press Enter.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Click on Security and Maintenance.
    • On the left pane, click on Change User Account Control settings.
    • The Slider should be set to the 3rd option from the bottom.
    • Click on OK button.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Oct 15, 2018
  4. YES button grayed out on user control

"Gray Screen of Death"

Thanks for your informative post!

I had solved my 2D & gray screen issue using advice posted by erocker (see below)
    Mainly it involves creating a profile and putting higher 2D clocks:

Black Panther, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

YES button grayed out on user control

1. YES button grayed out on user control - Similar Threads - YES button grayed

2. Add User or Group button is grayed out in User Rights Assignment

in Windows 10 News
    Add User or Group button is grayed out in User Rights Assignment: [ATTACH]In the scenario where users cannot be added on a Windows Server because the Add User or Group button is grayed out in User Rights Assignment in Domain Controller Local Security Policy settings, this post offers suitable solutions to resolve this issue. You are likely...
  3. UAC Yes button missing or grayed out in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    UAC Yes button missing or grayed out in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]User Account Control or UAC is a security measure in Windows that shows up when an administrator privilege is required for a certain task. When the UAC prompt shows up, there is a Yes and No button, but if you don’t see the yes button or it’s grayed out, you cannot...
  4. Yes button is disabled in UAC User Account Control In Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yes button is disabled in UAC User Account Control In Win 11: Every time I want to use the option to control my computer the NO option comes up.How do I cure this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yes-button-is-disabled-in-uac-user-account-control/be21c9b4-4fe5-43f5-8c92-6fefbbf72f33
  5. Power button grayed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power button grayed out: Power icon grayed out in turn system icon ..tried task manager windows explorer restart didn't help, went to device manager disabled Microsoft AC Adaptor then enabled disabled Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery restated laptop in safe mode no use, from command...
  6. Ideas button grayed out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ideas button grayed out: hi< i have downloaded the free trial for office 365, that will then get purchased after the months period. i intially did not find the ideas button, so i got it from the options and added it. i then tried applying it it just doesn;t work and is grayed out. also the...
  7. Yes Button Grayed

Yes Button Grayed: How to enable Yes Button in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yes-button-grayed/0cce4655-5cc9-4fe7-b654-0f8071d64421
  8. maximize button grayed out

maximize button grayed out: I open a link within 1 application. The link opens but the scroll up/down and left right are not available; the resizing of the edges are not available and the maximize is grayed out. Windows 10 IE 11 Only happens with this one application/web page. Works fine on my...
  9. User Account Control pop-up - "YES" button grayed out, can't click it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Account Control pop-up - "YES" button grayed out, can't click it: Whenever I try to open most non-Microsoft programs and many Windows 10 features -- like System Restore, for example -- I get the 'User Account Control' pop-up with the "YES" button grayed out, dead, so it can't be clicked. Only the "NO" button in the pop-up is live and...
  10. User Account Control dialog missing Yes button

in Windows 10 Support
    User Account Control dialog missing Yes button: Whenever I need administrator privileges, the UAC dialog that comes up is missing the "Yes" button and only shows a "No" button, so I cannot get to administrator mode. I think this has been the case since I installed the anniversary update. Apparently a similar problem is...