Windows 10: yes it is about the good old, bit defenderthreat scanner.. would not let me do a restore.

Discus and support yes it is about the good old, bit defenderthreat scanner.. would not let me do a restore. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; can I just remove it ? and yes I currently use nortorn... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by df8086, Feb 14, 2020.

1. df8086 Win User

yes it is about the good old, bit defenderthreat scanner.. would not let me do a restore.

can I just remove it ? and yes I currently use nortorn

:)

df8086, Feb 14, 2020
  2. huha Win User

Find a driver for Epson Perfection 1240U Photo scanner on Windows 10 64 bit

I found a solution here.

(translated the following steps from german. Sorry if it's not exactly translated.)

• Search the Win10 64 bit driver for the Epson Perfection 2400 scanner
    • I found "Epson Scan 3.0.4 17-Jul-2009 20.68MBs" and installed it. The installer asks for the scanner model. I only selected EPSON Perfection 2400.
    • Connecting the scanner afterwards needs some manual help: Go to device manager and find the EPSON Perfection 1240. Manually install the driver from the context menu - Update driver... - Browse my computer... - Let me pick from a list...
    • Select Imaging devices
    • EPSON Perfection 2400
    • Done

The scanner is shown as EPSON Perfection 2400 instead of EPSON Perfection 1240. But it works.

On the german epson support page there is also an update for the driver "EPSON Scan Updater 1.0 13-Jul-2018 0.72MBs". I also installed this afterwards with success.
    Probably the english version "Scanner Driver and EPSON Scan Utility v3.04A" has this update already included.

3. ARichard Win User
    Epson 1200 scanner now working! Very pleased.

Worked perfectly,
    • Installed 2400 series driver (when it asked what model I had I also picked, 1270 and 4180 since these had the Slide scanner interface I thought it might add a few extra drivers)
    • Restarted PC
    • Needed to use Device manager 'Updated driver'
    • Assign 2400 driver. (See attached image)
    • Be sure scanner is powered on so it appears in device manager.

Tested the Slide scanner attachment, I used PRO mode and it was discovered.
    I had to use the plastic blackout slide holder (for masking the slide) to find the slide though.

yes it is about the good old, bit defenderthreat scanner.. would not let me do a restore. [​IMG]

Hope this helps others, Thanks again for the step by step! yes it is about the good old, bit defenderthreat scanner.. would not let me do a restore. :)

ARichard, Feb 14, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

yes it is about the good old, bit defenderthreat scanner.. would not let me do a restore.

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

yes it is about the good old, bit defenderthreat scanner.. would not let me do a restore. [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

1. yes it is about the good old, bit defenderthreat scanner.. would not let me do a restore. - Similar Threads - yes old bit

2. Why would Windows randomly require me to use my PIN to sign in, and would refuse to let me...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why would Windows randomly require me to use my PIN to sign in, and would refuse to let me...: And then for subsequent logins, it allows me to use my fingerprint? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-would-windows-randomly-require-me-to-use-my/d74724de-6ee1-4963-a931-84c89f417888
  3. Why would Windows randomly require me to use my PIN to sign in, and would refuse to let me...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why would Windows randomly require me to use my PIN to sign in, and would refuse to let me...: And then for subsequent logins, it allows me to use my fingerprint? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-would-windows-randomly-require-me-to-use-my/d74724de-6ee1-4963-a931-84c89f417888
  4. Administrator not letting me choose Yes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator not letting me choose Yes: I’m trying to download Genshin Impact and when the Administrator thing asks me “Allow app to make changes to device?” theres only a option to say No and a blank space where Yes should be, it also says I need to enter the administrator password but 1. There’s no where to type...
  5. Administrator not letting me choose Yes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator not letting me choose Yes: I’m trying to download Genshin Impact and when the Administrator thing asks me “Allow app to make changes to device?” theres only a option to say No and a blank space where Yes should be, it also says I need to enter the administrator password but 1. There’s no where to type...
  6. Administrator not letting me choose Yes

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows is stuck in old 2017 update and wont let me do anything about it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows is stuck in old 2017 update and wont let me do anything about it.: Let me preface this with everything I have tried and by saying that I am not COMPLETELY tech savvy: -I have scanned for malware several times. -I have tried going into CMD and doing the scan thing to find registry errors, and that failed. -I have tried to contact microsoft...
  8. Restoring good text

in Windows 10 Support
    Restoring good text: Hi, I have a screen capture program called Kleptomania (by Structurise software). When you select an area of text it copies it to the clipboard. Normally the text changes to a rougher, thin-like appearance and reverts back to normal when you're finished. However Kleptomainia...
  9. WINDOWS 10 64 BIT DOES NOT LET ME DOWNGRADE TO 32 BIT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 64 BIT DOES NOT LET ME DOWNGRADE TO 32 BIT: I want to downgrade to windows 10 from 64 bit to 32 bit. I purchased windows 10 32 bit ISO and have it on a bootable UBS stick. However, the system does not let me install it. No way to go back to the old version also. What can I do?...
  10. A good 64 Bit AntiVirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A good 64 Bit AntiVirus: Hey all, Apologies if this has been asked here already 64 Bit doesn't seem to be as popular with AV programs as I had hoped. But does anyone know of a good one that is currently mainstream and rated (somewhat) highly? Thanks. 25605