Windows 10: Yesterday after clean update to Windows 10 1903 cant see any NAS network shares

Discus and support Yesterday after clean update to Windows 10 1903 cant see any NAS network shares in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, 1) Before I had access to folders on my home network NAS WDMyCLoud. I got errors to update to Win 10 1903, so finally made a clean update with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Albert_BC, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Albert_BC Win User

Yesterday after clean update to Windows 10 1903 cant see any NAS network shares

Hello,

1) Before I had access to folders on my home network NAS WDMyCLoud. I got errors to update to Win 10 1903, so finally made a clean update with the Microsoft tool. After the installation Windows 10 1903 works, but in "network" I can only see the NAS as "Storage (1) WDMyCloud". All shares/folders that I could use before disappeared.

2) I tried, nothing helped:

a) Control Panel - Programs and Features - Enable SMB1 Client

b) Control Panel - Settings - Network & Internet:

- Checked that Network auto Discovery turned on

- Checked that tcp/IP4 checked

- Unchecked tcp/ip6

c) even tried Services - Function Discovery Provider Host and Function Discovery Resource Publication - to set both startup automatic instead of manual

3) All my other computers in home network can access the NAS folders. Even a notebook with Windows 10 v 1903 installed. So the problem not in the NAS but in Windows 10 1903 after the update.

Could you please help to fix it. Thank you

:)

Albert_BC, Sep 7, 2019

2. Cannot 'Map Drive' to share on NAS after Windows 10 update

I use 'map drive' on Windows 10 to access various shares on my Synology NAS.

On the desktop which uses Windows 10 Pro (the other 2 devices use Home) I have just had to
    clean install Windows 10 to version 1903.

I now find that Windows on the desktop now refuses to let me connect to any shares on the NAS because these shares use an 'outdated and unsafe protocol' - SMB1. It tells me I need SMB2 or higher (I know nothing
    of this level of function).

Is there a way of forcing use of SMB1 or would downgrading to Windows 10 Home on the desktop enable me to use drive mapping? (This is a home network and Pro isn't really necessary).

Thanks.

SteveCampbell134, Sep 7, 2019
  3. DizMatt Win User
    Windows 10 - NAS Drive

I've had similar problems for months but finally cracked it.

I thought it was my BT router but it's completely down to windows 10.

My steps to solution, which may not all be required were:

• ensure client networks for windows is installed (not a problem my installation but essential)
    • TCP/IP advanced settings, WINS, NetBIOS settings to DEFAULT (this might be have been critical)
    • in Windows features, turn on SMB 1.0/CIFS file sharing support, This was NOT enabled by default on my clean windows 10 pro installation
    I also checked that the shares were active, I think I disabled them in my trouble-shooting by accident. Prior to installing win 10 it all worked quite nicely.

I could log into the NSA320/NAS via the administrative control panel, also I could detect using the Zyxel NAS detector interface.

I did NOT require any shifty looking drivers from adware driven websites.

DizMatt, Sep 7, 2019
  4. Yesterday after clean update to Windows 10 1903 cant see any NAS network shares

Local network problems with 1903

I have updated 3 of my 4 computers to 1903, now none of them can see each other in the explorer network section, but each of them can see the NAS drive on the network. I have checked the network sharing settings and they are all set as make this computer
    discoverable. Oddly the JRiver media centre servers show up in windows explorer, but the computers which they are on do not appear. Any suggestions?

AlanHobart, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

Yesterday after clean update to Windows 10 1903 cant see any NAS network shares

1. Yesterday after clean update to Windows 10 1903 cant see any NAS network shares - Similar Threads - Yesterday clean update

2. After updating Windows 10 it doesnt see any networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After updating Windows 10 it doesnt see any networks: Windows has updatteed today and broke my internet connection. It doesn't see any networks when connected via ethernet cable. I also havee wifi module but couldn't start it, it just says "plug in wifi module" and doesnt react to connecting it. I've tried to undo windows...
  3. After updating Windows 10 it doesnt see any networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After updating Windows 10 it doesnt see any networks: Windows has updatteed today and broke my internet connection. It doesn't see any networks when connected via ethernet cable. I also havee wifi module but couldn't start it, it just says "plug in wifi module" and doesnt react to connecting it. I've tried to undo windows...
  4. After updating Windows 10 it doesnt see any networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. any update on Windows 10 1903 cant connect to shared drives

any update on Windows 10 1903 cant connect to shared drives: Microsoft Surface with Windows 10 recently updated to v 1903 build 18362.476 ANd another tablet running same build of OS CANNOT connect to shared device which is otherwise seen by other computers running Windows 7 I wonder is there any update to answer NOT working or...
  6. Windows 10 asking for network credentials for NAS after update

Windows 10 asking for network credentials for NAS after update: After last night's latest and greatest update for Windows 10, I discover that I can no longer access my Qnap NAS from the PC that was updated (I'm afraid to allow any of the other ones to update, but given Microsoft's obnoxious forced updating, I can only delay that so long)....
  7. Windows 10 1903 cant connect to our network shared drives.

Windows 10 1903 cant connect to our network shared drives.: We been on windows 10 v 1809 and network shared drives have been set with group policy and working fine. But when using the new v 1903 we cant see them. They wont connect using map drive either. any thoughts or anyone else having same issue?...
  8. unable to see or access NAS after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to see or access NAS after windows 10 update: unable to see or access NAS after windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/unable-to-see-or-access-nas-after-windows-10/1e915666-30bf-49d9-a7eb-b54643245955
  9. Can see NAS but cannot access it or mapped shares after recent update

Can see NAS but cannot access it or mapped shares after recent update: My laptop ran a monster update for windows 10 a few days ago and since then I have not been able to connect to my Buffalo Linkstation on my wireless network. I connected to it just fine before and could connect on another laptop the other day that had not yet run the update....
  10. Cant see computers on network shares

Cant see computers on network shares: I have 3 computers on the network. All have shared folders . My problem is as follows. Lets call the computers c2, c3, c4. I am using network shares When on computer c4 , computers c2 and c3 are not listed at all under network. Sometimes I do see c3 listed but cannot...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1903 network cifs drive not working

2. nas drive cannnot be seen windoes 10 ver 1903

3. windows 10 1903 cannot connect to nas

4. windows 10 1903 cannot connect to asustor nas,
  5. windows 10 1903 does not see router and nas,
  6. cant find nas drive on windows 10 nothing works,
  7. win10 1903 unable to connect to NAS,
  8. windows 10 1903 does not detect other pc or nas,
  9. linkstation 220 windows 10 1903,
  10. windows 10 after 1903 mapped drivers,
  11. cant access mapped network drive since update 1903,