Windows 10: Yesterday an update started by Windows, and now my computer is crashing on the blue screen.

Discus and support Yesterday an update started by Windows, and now my computer is crashing on the blue screen. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Split from this thread.Greetings. May you please direct me to a representative that can help me? Yesterday an update started by Windows, and now my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ElizabethHerbert, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Yesterday an update started by Windows, and now my computer is crashing on the blue screen.

Split from this thread.Greetings. May you please direct me to a representative that can help me? Yesterday an update started by Windows, and now my computer is crashing on the blue screen.I have a chromebook HP dk0xxxSystem 8588Serial 5CG00116V7

:)

ElizabethHerbert, Sep 15, 2021
  2. JKILE Win User

Crash/blue screen

First, if this is in wrong place, I apologize, but this is first time to site and a couple times browsing could not find similiar discussion. I have had 2-3 blue screens, and a couple of blank screens in last 3-4-5 days, with internet explorer 2 sessions, one while windows update, and one just sitting quiet. MY operating system is; Vista Home Primium,Gateway manufactor,model LX6810-01, x64-based PC, processor intel Quad Q8200 @2.33 Ghz,2336mghz, 8 GB RAM.

Here is some errors and listings on "event view log". 1). gupdate(either component that gives rise to event is not on computer or installation is corrupt.) 2).Loadperf???
    3). WMI(Error) (Event can not be delivered thru this filter until the problem is corrected.).
    4). 4 Sidebyside errors 5). LicCtrlService error. There was also an application error from yesterday. From yesterday and other days a Warning(Windows has detected your registry file is in use by other application or service. There was another warning about restart for Steam application.

Now finially, a lot of the numbered listings, I listed, are repeated repeatedly over the last month or so(when I scrolled thru event log). So in closing can you all point in a direction to look into, I am a complete noobie about fixing problem. You'd have to be very specific.
    If your site has a pay service, I'm okay with that. Now, one last thing. What ever is going on, seems to happened once and then computer runs fine after, all day!!

Thanks,

JMKile

JKILE, Sep 15, 2021
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Latest update from Windows has caused blue screen of death?!

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What is the version of Windows 10 installed on the computer?
    • Did you reinstall the update and the application after resetting the computer to factory settings?

We need crash dumps in order to know what is causing this issue and suggest the appropriate steps to follow.

We have sent you a private message, please reply to the message along with the crash dumps. Dump files can be found in C:\Windows/Minidump/*.dmp.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try with the steps mentioned in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors and see if it works.

We look forward for your reply.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Sep 15, 2021
  4. alaina92 Win User

Yesterday an update started by Windows, and now my computer is crashing on the blue screen.

Update yesterday makes everything crash

Ever since my Windows 10 computer updated yesterday it has been crashing A LOT! I checked the problem reports and there are 30 for the period of 5 hours after the update yesterday alone. Is anyone else having this problem? It seems like every time I try
    to use my computer, I can only use it for 20 minutes or so before it hits a blue screen and restarts. Some are due to memory (which shouldn't be a problem on my device) and others are other processes. It even crashed 3 times while trying to reboot yesterday
    after the first crash to blue screen. Are there any solutions to this?

alaina92, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

Yesterday an update started by Windows, and now my computer is crashing on the blue screen.

1. Yesterday an update started by Windows, and now my computer is crashing on the blue screen. - Similar Threads - Yesterday update started

2. Computer or Game randomly crash. Multiple Blue screens, just started happening yesterday.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer or Game randomly crash. Multiple Blue screens, just started happening yesterday.: Just randomly yesterday, my PC started to act slower than usual and then it started to randomly crash. Then it takes turns between crashing my PC and crashing the game I'm playing.I monitored all temps with HWMonitor, nothing is out of the ordinary. I ran Melwarebytes, and...
  3. Computer or Game randomly crash. Multiple Blue screens, just started happening yesterday.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer or Game randomly crash. Multiple Blue screens, just started happening yesterday.: Just randomly yesterday, my PC started to act slower than usual and then it started to randomly crash. Then it takes turns between crashing my PC and crashing the game I'm playing.I monitored all temps with HWMonitor, nothing is out of the ordinary. I ran Melwarebytes, and...
  4. windows update crashed my system yesterday.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update crashed my system yesterday.: My system did a restart yesterday, 10/12, after a windows critical update and when it rebooted it was a black screen with a small white box upper left on the black screen that said,error, Internet Explorer isn't responding.Funny thing was I could CTRL/ALT/DELETE, and had task...
  5. windows update crashed my system yesterday.

windows update crashed my system yesterday.: My system did a restart yesterday, 10/12, after a windows critical update and when it rebooted it was a black screen with a small white box upper left on the black screen that said,error, Internet Explorer isn't responding.Funny thing was I could CTRL/ALT/DELETE, and had task...
  6. Blue screens and starting to be frequent crashes on my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screens and starting to be frequent crashes on my computer.: So for the past 2 months I have been getting complete system crashes when playing games or blue screens on both win 10 and now currently 11 such as system thread exception not handled or driver irql less or not equal or kernel related ones. Can someone please help me? I tried...
  7. Blue screens and starting to be frequent crashes on my computer.

Blue screens and starting to be frequent crashes on my computer.: So for the past 2 months I have been getting complete system crashes when playing games or blue screens on both win 10 and now currently 11 such as system thread exception not handled or driver irql less or not equal or kernel related ones. Can someone please help me? I tried...
  8. windows update yesterday crashed my computer help.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update yesterday crashed my computer help.: Help! Windows update crashed my PC. I can get past the login page; but at the desktop screen, it flashes continuously, and I can't do anything except, Ctrl, Atl. Del., to get to a blue screen and loption to shut down/restart appears. It follows commands from there; but I...
  9. Surface Book 2 - yesterday's Windows update now causes screen crashes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Book 2 - yesterday's Windows update now causes screen crashes: Hi, I have a Surface Book 2 running build 1803. Last night an update was installed, and now the screen crashes all of the time and laptop is near useless. I went to the update history to see what the update was, and ironically it was meant to improve update stability,...
  10. Window 10 update yesterday blue screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 update yesterday blue screen: I updated yesterday (wish I did not). Permanently in blue screen, will not restore, cannot start in safe mode. Try all the available options. Will not allow uninstall the latest version. Nothing in the advance option works. Am i toasted? Wish I have not restart. It...