Windows 10: Yesterday Windows 10 1809 Started messing with the Start Menu, Now pretty much deadish

Discus and support Yesterday Windows 10 1809 Started messing with the Start Menu, Now pretty much deadish in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Suddenly, Yesterday, my Surface Pro (2017) lost all non-Microsoft tiles from the start menu. Any changes to the Start Menu seemed to work, but sis not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ValerieBlack1, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Yesterday Windows 10 1809 Started messing with the Start Menu, Now pretty much deadish

Suddenly, Yesterday, my Surface Pro (2017) lost all non-Microsoft tiles from the start menu. Any changes to the Start Menu seemed to work, but sis not survive a reboot. Eventually I reset the Surface (retaining files) The resulting installation will not run the Start Menu, Search, Settings or Edge. MS Store opens and redownloaded everything, but nothing runs.

I did a full reset (required bitlocker keys etc) Same result.

Getting Application Errors in the log like:

Faulting application name ShellExperienceHost.exe version 10.0.17763.1 timestamp 0x5b9c8bd8

Faulting module name StartUI.dll 10.0.17763.1 timestamp 0x5b9c58c5

Exception Code 0xc000027b

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost 10.0.15063.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy

The System Errors are showing

Unable to start a DCOM Server Microsoft.Windows.SHellExperienceHost_10.0.15063.00_neutral_neutralcw5n1h2txyewy|App as Unavailable/Unavailable

No idea what's going wrong. This Surface has been going well. It was upgraded to 1809 on the first day it was briefly available. It has been working perfectly until now.

:)

ValerieBlack1, Jan 19, 2019
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Jan 19, 2019
  3. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Jan 19, 2019
  4. Yesterday Windows 10 1809 Started messing with the Start Menu, Now pretty much deadish

Windows 10 Start menu issue

yeah I've been less than happy with the start menu also.
    for me I for me I get freezes in start menu, especialy returning from sleep...which reminds me sleep is such a pain in the butt since I switch to Windows 10. Either waking up on its own, or system freezes when recovering from sleep

Stardock was a nice switch from vanilla, but i wasnt gonna buy it and 30 days goes by quick.

jboydgolfer, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

Yesterday Windows 10 1809 Started messing with the Start Menu, Now pretty much deadish

1. Yesterday Windows 10 1809 Started messing with the Start Menu, Now pretty much deadish - Similar Threads - Yesterday 1809 Started

2. Windows 10 1809 x64 Start menu issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 1809 x64 Start menu issue: Hello. Windows Store/ Microsoft store installed all updates to every app that is currently installed on my computer UWP and i noticed that it only shows the downloading icon in the pinned apps list. Any idea on how to fix this?...
  3. Windows 10 1809 x64 Start menu issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 1809 x64 Start menu issue: Hello. Windows Store/ Microsoft store installed all updates to every app that is currently installed on my computer UWP and i noticed that it only shows the downloading icon in the pinned apps list. Any idea on how to fix this?...
  4. Windows 10 1809 x64 Start menu issue

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Start Menu Oddities (1809/1903)

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Oddities (1809/1903): Hello! I'm encountering a bit of odd behavior when working with the Start Menu in Windows Server 1809, but I've verified the issue in Win10 1903 as well. All in all, it's a two part issue. Part one: Start layout width does not seem to be saved when using Export-StartLayout...
  6. Windows 10 1809 Start Menu will not work!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 1809 Start Menu will not work!: I use a ton of programs like Steam, VirtualBox and a few others. My ASUS is running Windows 10, version 1809 - I have problems all the time. This problem is where my start menu files are corrupted. I also cannot access the internet because Microsoft Edge won't work, and it's...
  7. Start Menu messed up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu messed up: I have a laptop with many different IDs on. I log onto each ID for different work. The problem is that on some IDs the Start Menu has messed up. I get rid of all icons and add about 3 or 4 select icons to my start menu. NOW: I get what looks like the default start menu...
  8. Windows 10 1809 Start Menu not allowing input

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1809 Start Menu not allowing input: Start Menu does not take any input until I run ctfmon using task manager. ctfmon is not disabled, fails to work. I am a local administrator on the machine I have done the following Installed latest Updates SFC /ScanNow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Chkdsk...
  9. Messed up start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Messed up start menu: So, I finally decided to upgrade to W10 from Windows 7, and it's cool and everything, actually liking it. The only thing that has gone wrong, is that I get this [img] (for those who don't know spanish, 'pendiente' means pending) instead of this [img] what...
  10. start menu not opening since yesterday

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu not opening since yesterday: Hello , My windows 10 was working fine till yesterday . But now i have met with a problem . The problem is that my start menu is not opening from yesterday . Store, Microsoft Edge and Cortana are also not opening . What to do ? Help me please .... 37407