Windows 10: Yesterday's Windows 10 update has removed the file preview icons for jpeg/png/tif etc

Discus and support Yesterday's Windows 10 update has removed the file preview icons for jpeg/png/tif etc in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've turned my PC on today and none of the image previews are showing. submitted by /u/LTguy [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LTguy, Jan 17, 2020.

1. /u/LTguy Win User

Yesterday's Windows 10 update has removed the file preview icons for jpeg/png/tif etc

I've turned my PC on today and none of the image previews are showing.

submitted by /u/LTguy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LTguy, Jan 17, 2020
  2. J.Clement Win User

Explorer in Win 10 stopped contents in icon, or previewing on new TIF files, incorrect count

Win 10 explorer displays existing TIF icons properly, and can preview the picture. But I just added 7 more to the existing 21 and the new ones will not preview, or display the contents inside the icon. I tried converting one of the TIFs to a jpg, and that
    showed the large icon contents properly, but still would not display.

In addition I selected the 21 original TIF files and the selected count is only 1, but the total file count is a correct 30 on the status line at the bottom of the explorer window. Right clicking on properties gave the correct count.

I have tried changing the display format to list and back to large icons, clicking on the refresh button at the top of the window and none of these fixed the problem. Win 7 worked OK before the upgrade.

Now going to some other folders, existing icons are not displaying properly!!!!!!

Explorer has loads of problems, so How do I fix the icon problem????? or is there a patch for it??????

J.Clement, Jan 17, 2020
  3. IT Guy Viki, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Yesterday's Windows 10 update has removed the file preview icons for jpeg/png/tif etc

.tif files

I can't open .tif files. Any suggestions?

JohnCommins, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

Yesterday's Windows 10 update has removed the file preview icons for jpeg/png/tif etc

1. Yesterday's Windows 10 update has removed the file preview icons for jpeg/png/tif etc - Similar Threads - Yesterday's update has

2. Converting a JPEG or PNG file to an ICO file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Converting a JPEG or PNG file to an ICO file: My computer, is a laptop. Running, Windows 10.A ICO file is real nice.It can become, the picture on a desktop shortcut.What I need is to, convert either of these files.To an ICO file.Without, mentioning names. Most of these applications, have a limit.After converting, a few...
  3. Converting a JPEG or PNG file to an ICO file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Converting a JPEG or PNG file to an ICO file: My computer, is a laptop. Running, Windows 10.A ICO file is real nice.It can become, the picture on a desktop shortcut.What I need is to, convert either of these files.To an ICO file.Without, mentioning names. Most of these applications, have a limit.After converting, a few...
  4. Converting a JPEG or PNG file to an ICO file

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Jpg, jpeg, png files windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jpg, jpeg, png files windows 11: I recently purchased a hp spectre 360 14 inch with i7 processor. I already had the same pc and have been very happy with it and windows 10 for 7 years. My new pc has windows 11 and I can’t open many of my jpg, jpeg, png files/ pictures. I have many photos…..some which open,...
  6. Windows 11 and "jpeg, jpg, and png" files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 and "jpeg, jpg, and png" files.: I have hundreds of files from my Windows 10 Pro desktop PC. Family photos and many others as well.I attempted to access these on my Windows 11 laptop PC. The operating system doesn't seem to recognize the files. I don't know what to do about this problem.I'd like to know what...
  7. Windows 11 and "jpeg, jpg, and png" files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 and "jpeg, jpg, and png" files.: I have hundreds of files from my Windows 10 Pro desktop PC. Family photos and many others as well.I attempted to access these on my Windows 11 laptop PC. The operating system doesn't seem to recognize the files. I don't know what to do about this problem.I'd like to know what...
  8. Change windows icons from JPEG/PNG source.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change windows icons from JPEG/PNG source.: Hello chaps, Today I've been trying to change my windows icons look for folders. In the folder properties menu there is an option called "Chang Icon" in the customize tab. I've used Ifranview and also XNview to covert .JPEG files to .ICO files. The dimension of these...
  9. I can't save images as png, jpeg, gif, etc, just all files or "Sketchbook Jpeg"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't save images as png, jpeg, gif, etc, just all files or "Sketchbook Jpeg": I can't figure out how this happened, but as of lately when I've been trying to save images from the internet I'm only give two options and not several as how I want to save an imagine, those two options being "Sketchbook Jpeg Image File" or "All Files". I'm sure this is...
  10. Screenshot Settings. PNG JPEG BMP etc....

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screenshot Settings. PNG JPEG BMP etc....: Is it possible to change the default image format for taking screenshots by pressing [ PrtScrn ] button? Here's where I am boggled: In the game "Star Citizen" you can press [ PrtScrn ] button and a screenshot is saved to C:\Program Files\Roberts Space...