Windows 10: Yet Again DVD isn't recognized question

Discus and support Yet Again DVD isn't recognized question in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello folks, I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home edition. I knew that Windows 10 does not play DVDs natively so after searching on this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by crackhammer, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Yet Again DVD isn't recognized question

Hello folks,

I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home edition. I knew that Windows 10 does not play DVDs natively so after searching on this board, I followed instructions at https://matthill.eu/tutorials/instal...d-player-free/ to install free Windows 10 DVD player.

This DVD-ROM in question is TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633C. Once I insert the DVD, it makes all standard sounds making you feel it will be recognized but eventually when you check in explorer, it shows that the DVD drive is empty. If you still try to double click, it tells you to insert the DVD and the drive opens 'with DVD inside'.

I have been checking this board since morning. Read quite many threads and tried lot many options, a couple of reboots, uninstalling DVD drive etc, but the effect is same. The DVD makes all sounds but still not getting recognized. I tried various DVDs, same result.

Just to reiternate, DVD drive as such is present but the media is not recognized. This question is very similar to that of,
    DVD/CD Drive not recognising media on new Dell laptop (Windows 10) - Windows 10 Forums
    CD/DVD Drive not reading discs - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums
    Dvd drive wont recognise disc, says please insert a disc into Drive E: - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums
    I doubt the drive has worn out, like others, it stopped working with Windows 10

Thanks in advance.

:)

crackhammer, Aug 22, 2016

2. win10 dvd drive not resetting registry filters correctly

win10 dvd drive no longer recognizes disc files from one session to another. Must manually uninstall driver software or run troubleshooting...configure a device and then restart computer to temporarily fix the problem and dvd files will then be recognized
    FOR THIS SESSION ONLY. Browsing the internet indicates that many other users have this problem. Questions: Has Microsoft recognized this problem yet? Will it ever fix the problem in Win10 updates?

Robert_836, Aug 22, 2016
  3. Slim P. Win User
    Windows DVD Maker for Windows 10Windows 10?

Thanks Ruth but once again (still) this answer is not addressing the original question that being..Windows 10 removed DVD maker a perfectly good functional program,will this software be released again for 10?...or another incarnation?..

the question isn't or wasn't "what other way can I burn a DVD"?

Anyone can download a third part program to do this but that's not the point..and FYI using movie maker is useless and offers nothing that DVD maker did.

Why is it so damn difficult for Microsoft to answer the simplest of questions???

I'll simplify the original question again and please read it carefully..

why was DVD maker removed from 10?

will it be reintroduced for Windows 10?

Slim P., Aug 22, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

Yet Again DVD isn't recognized question

One check that you could try: boot the PC from a bootable DVD.

If you can do that, the issue is with Windows, not the hardware.

bobkn, Aug 22, 2016
  5. Thats actually a good idea, but I don't have any bootable DVD. I can not burn any as both laptops have Windows 10 and facing almost same issue. Still I will see if I can find it with someone else. Thanks for the idea.

crackhammer, Aug 22, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    If you wish to watch movies or listen to music on DVD's, you would need VLC. Burning data and reading data from DVD's, can still be done on Windows 10. If you want a better ISO burning program, majorgeeks.com has a list of some lightweight programs.

bro67, Aug 22, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    That would not be a Windows 10 issue, unless the registry got screwed up by something. If they are trying to play movies or music on DVD's, they have to use VLC.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Yet Again DVD isn't recognized question

1. Yet Again DVD isn't recognized question - Similar Threads - Yet Again DVD

2. Broken updates yet again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken updates yet again: So here we go again, yet again broken Microsoft is destroying my system.I am a light user of my Dell laptop, mostly only at weekends. It seems that more often than not there is yet another batch of updates every time I open it and my whole system is pathetically slow until...
  3. Bsod yet again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod yet again: I keep getting bsods for some reason, i have my graphics card fully updated but sometimes when i try and shutdown the computer, instead of shutting down itll bsod then restart itself back to the login screen. I've had this keep happening for about a year now as you can see...
  4. Bsod yet again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bsod yet again: I keep getting bsods for some reason, i have my graphics card fully updated but sometimes when i try and shutdown the computer, instead of shutting down itll bsod then restart itself back to the login screen. I've had this keep happening for about a year now as you can see...
  5. Bsod yet again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows 10 isn't recognizing my dvd/cd drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 isn't recognizing my dvd/cd drive.: I have a Lenovo 420s 2nd gen with Windows 10 enterprise and I cant get it to recognize my dvd/cd reader writer, either the one installed or external. I've had no luck changing this. Any ideas?...
  7. DVD not recognized.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DVD not recognized.: DVD not recognized. Trying to install new software and am unable to reach the disc menu. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-not-recognized/7cdba7d6-91dd-47cc-a9c8-1d4873150559
  8. Fix Account, Yet Again

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fix Account, Yet Again: Let's try this again. I've looked at threads that address this problem, none of which as far as I can tell actually provide a usable answer. On top of that, most of the threads are locked. I guess this is because nobody at M$ knows the answer, and they don't want to deal...
  9. DVD Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD Question: My 17-inch laptop is 3 yrs old. I haven't used the DVD drive in quite a while because up to recently I had no reason to. I'd been listening to CDs with no problem, but now the DVD won't play. Is it true that Microsoft is now charging $14.99 to activate the drive? If so, why...
  10. DVD not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD not recognized: There is no IDE/ATAPI entry in device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/dvd-not-recognized/6e816ced-304f-4cd1-b4d0-f98c0ced8436