Windows 10: yet another BSOD: FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE 12b

Discus and support yet another BSOD: FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE 12b in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i had a minecraft modpack, discord and the browser edge chromium open and i locked my laptop using win+L and went away then return and tried to unlock... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ahmedsaf, Mar 14, 2021.

1. ahmedsaf Win User

yet another BSOD: FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE 12b

i had a minecraft modpack, discord and the browser edge chromium open and i locked my laptop using win+L and went away then return and tried to unlock my laptop it froze for a bit then gave the BSOD.

i already had multiple memory related BSODs some of which i already reported here and i already tried all of the usual solutions like DISM and sfc and memtest and updating drivers etc multiple times yet i still get memory related BSOD.

here's the minidmp, memory dmp: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ajhgd4r9gQdOgdw39c6CWdUxAHq2EQ?e=Ia44aS

please tell me which driver or software is doing that because i don't think it's an actual hardware problem it's a laptop and i never touched the ram

:)

ahmedsaf, Mar 14, 2021

2. BSOD FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE (12b)

Please note that getting to a proper solution to BSOD would require multiple troubleshooting steps.

First, Please update BIOS to 1.17:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/in/en/products/LAP...

Then

Run Hwinfo:

Free Download HWiNFO Sofware | Installer & Portable for Windows, DOS

Post the temperatures under normal use.

Then

Post some more dump files for constructive analysis.

Disclaimer:

This is a non-Microsoft website which would provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site which are frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). There is no need to buy paid products to fix your computers as they do
    more harm than good sometimes.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Mar 14, 2021
  3. mikewse Win User
    Weekly 12B BSOD on Toshiba Z30T laptop

Laptop Toshiba Z30T
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

I've been getting BSOD 12B (FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE) every 5-14 days for a long time. I first investigated RAM by running a number of different memtests, swapping around the RAM stick in different sockets and finally trying another RAM stick. No change so I am guessing this is either a software/driver problem or a problem with the laptop's motherboard.

I'd say 90% of the BSODs appear when resuming from sleep. There will be many successful sleep/resume cycles between two BSODs though. The BSODs that are not related to sleep would typically trigger by user input. The two minidumps in the attached zip file are both sleep/resume-related.

mikewse, Mar 14, 2021
  4. yet another BSOD: FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE 12b

BSOD FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE (12b)

1) To evaluate the BSOD please post logs for troubleshooting.

Using administrative command prompt copy and paste this whole command.

2) Make sure the default language is English so that the logs can be scanned and read.

Add, Remove, and Change Display Language in Windows 10

The command will automatically collect the computer files and place them on the desktop.

3) Then use 7zip to organize the files and one drive, drop box, or google drive to place share links into the thread for troubleshooting.

https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...-folders-9fcc2f7d-de0c-4cec-93b0-a82024800c07

This command will automatically collect these files: msinfo32, mini dumps, drivers, hosts, install, uninstall, services, startup, event viewer files, etc.

4) Open administrative command prompt and copy and paste the whole command:

copy %SystemRoot%\minidump\*.dmp "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\"&dxdiag /t %Temp%\dxdiag.txt&copy %Temp%\dxdiag.txt "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SFdebugFiles\"&type %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts >> "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\hosts.txt"&systeminfo > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt"&driverquery
    /v > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\drivers.txt" &msinfo32 /nfo "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\msinfo32.nfo"&wevtutil qe System /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\eventlog.txt"&reg export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\uninstall.txt"&reg
    export "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\installed.txt"&net start > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\services.txt"&REM wmic startup list full /format:htable >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.html"&wmic STARTUP
    GET Caption, Command, User >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.txt"

5) There are two files for you to find manually:

a) C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP

Use file explorer > this PC > local C: drive > right upper corner search enter the above to find results.

b) dxdiag:

In the left lower corner search type: dxdiag > When the DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens click on the next page button so that each tab is opened > click on save all information > save to desktop > post one drive or drop box share link into the thread

6) Run the Lenovo hardware diagnostics and post an image of the results into the thread using a share link (one drive, drop box, or google drive)

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/...E/20ME/20MES01100/R90P26GM/downloads/DS102688

7) Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:

8) sfc /scannow

9) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

10) chkdsk /scan

11) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread

12) The computer has Windows 16299.

What methods were used to prevent automatic Windows upgrades?

If there were error messages or codes please post them into the thread.

13) Run Memtest86 Verision 8.0 for 8 or more passes.

Testing is not done by time but by passes.

Testing must be continuous and can be performed overnight.

Just one error is a test fail and testing can be aborted.

Then test one RAM module at a time in the same DIMM for 8 or more passes to differentiate good from malfunctioning RAM.

For each test use a camera or smartphone camera to take pictures and post images into the thread.

There is also a text file report > zip the report and post a share link into the thread using one drive, drop box, or google drive)

questions_, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

yet another BSOD: FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE 12b

1. yet another BSOD: FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE 12b - Similar Threads - yet another BSOD

2. Faulty_Hardware_Corrupted_Page BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Faulty_Hardware_Corrupted_Page BSOD: This BSOD occurred. It took the bluescreen an alarmingly long time for it to finish collecting error data the better part of an hour before it finally reached 100%.Possibly useful information:Log from C:\Windows\Minidump created 7:21...
  3. BSOD FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE: Minidump 072023-7593-01.dmp / Облако Mail.ruHere two scenarios of this failure are described, depending on whether parameters 3 and 4 are equal to 0 or not.FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE parametersThere are two scenarios where the memory manager raises...
  4. Yet another BSOD...

Yet another BSOD...: I was just watching youtube and the audio just froze and I got a ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY BSOD. This happens often and I have no idea why. here's the latest minidump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ajhgd4r9gQdOgdt3-nM5baIsv4-muw?e=Ji3ERe please help i keep getting BSODs...
  5. BSOD FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE: I've been having fairly regular issues for a couple of years with this system. As I only use it for gaming, and I'm pretty bad at gaming, I just suck it up and restart and occasionally run a utility to try to help. I'm attaching the log files from the system. I have a few...
  6. Yet another BSOD question

Yet another BSOD question: Hello! I am Liam and I own a Lenovo windows 10 laptop, which is about 2 years old. Yesterday my laptop was experiencing frame skips, which could last from 1 to 5 seconds. I wanted to play a game with my friend, so I was thinking about restarting the pc, to maybe solve the...
  7. Recurring FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE BSOD

Recurring FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE BSOD: Hi guys, I've been getting at least a BSOD daily, for the past 2-3 months, ever since I've purchases my current laptop. For few months, I had ThrottleStop installed, and up until a few weeks ago, I was undervolting the CPU (started with -150mV, ended at about -30mV, was still...
  8. BSOD FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE (12b)

BSOD FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE (12b): Hi, Link includes minidump and msinfo32. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlnwRVD5MUqdiBZaU2_G1mPB62GZ -Tommi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-faultyhardwarecorruptedpage-12b/e11370b2-a90a-4cd0-b273-5c16b6fd7984
  9. Bsod faulty_hardware_corrupted_page

Bsod faulty_hardware_corrupted_page: Please check my upload. 86740
  10. Random BSOD FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE

Random BSOD FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE: Hello there. I getting BSOD randomly on windows 10 on my ASUS K550JK. I tried the ASUS forum but, with respect, they suck on support. I've tried the new drivers and the original ones (Windows 8). Whocrashed logs keeps telling me that it may be a memory hardware problem but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE (12b)